Arrogant Fans!

lovemorrissey

Now My Heart is Full
I did a search and couldnt find a thread to put this post in, but anyway,

I checked my bebo this morning to find a had a message from another Morrissey fan and it said that he had a better connection to Morrissey and was a better fan than me because im not from Manchester and he was born and lives there and therefore I wouldnt know where places like Strangeways or Rusholme were without having to google them and I had no right to be a Morrissey fan or on his friends list.

Im quite disgusted to be honest, most Morrissey fans stick together no matter where they are from and dont argue about who has a bigger right to be his fan or not. I may not have been born in Manchester or live there but I have visited all the Moz related places on many occasions so know where they are without having to google them.

Rant over lol

I checked my bebo this morning to find a had a message from another Morrissey fan and it said that he had a better connection to Morrissey and was a better fan than me because im not from Manchester and he was born and lives there and therefore I wouldnt know where places like Strangeways or Rusholme were without having to google them and I had no right to be a Morrissey fan or on his friends list.

Im quite disgusted to be honest, most Morrissey fans stick together no matter where they are from and dont argue about who has a bigger right to be his fan or not. I may not have been born in Manchester or live there but I have visited all the Moz related places on many occasions so know where they are without having to google them.

Rant over lol
I could not agrre with you more. It is how you feel inside what matters not where you come from.
Cheers Moz

Rant over lol

Just ignore him. He's not worth a response. You know how much Morrissey means to you, and that's all that counts :)

Rant over lol

Tesco Value Response - f*** them. You'll do fine.

Peter

Rant over lol

What a dick. I presume you removed yourself from his friends list?

I don't think this is rare in Morrissey fans really. There are a lot of people so desperate to prove themselves as big fans, they do my head in

Rant over lol

You really don't need this idiot in your life. Don't worry about it.

I've met people like this. They're the sort of people that play on the fact they're from Manchester, and somehow think it makes them bigger and better fans that someone any othe region in Britain. They also seem to be the sort of people who buy a couple albums and claim to be HUGE MEGA 'look at me I've got a Smiths t-shirt on and I can play the guitar' fan. It's pathetic

I don't think this is rare in Morrissey fans really. There are a lot of people so desperate to prove themselves as big fans, they do my head in

Sad but, regrettably, true. I don't think it's peculiar to Morrissey fans, though - if you go on any fan site, there are always a few insecure people desperate to show you how much more they know about the topic at hand than you do.

I sometimes feel I'm being arrogant, especially talking with younger fans about early gig's they couldn't possibly have attended. I don't mean to be just sharing, most appreciate that you'll share and speak about The Smiths, Morrissey, you don't get that at home..

Agreed. I was having a conversation with a lovely man in the line for the Doncaster gig- we were talking about what Morrissey's music meant to us, how long we'd been fans etc, and this woman kept butting in with riveting facts of how she had two copies of the HMV singles box sets, and how she had Smiths singles in mint condition that had never been played etc...I can remember looking over at the guy in the exact instance he looked at me, rolling his eyes at this woman's weird competitive attempts to prove herself as THE biggest fan.

A couple of weeks ago at a Smiths tribute band there were these 3 girls next to me loudly talking about their setlist predictions. "I'm So Sorry!" suggested one, to which they all agreed enthusiastically before singing a few lines from Suedehead. They were bloody irritating simply because they were so LOUD and DRUNK and seemingly desperate to show everyone what big fans they were...

Last edited:
That person sounds like the many 'local' fans of multi-national football teams who advertise and display themselves all across the nation and across the world. Teams which would wheeze, collapse and then die if they had only a local revenue stream on which to rely.

It's doubtful as to whether this "super fan" would have even heard of Morrissey had he not collected a single fan outside of the gates of Manchester, as he'd be a long forgotten 'local act' who sold about 500 records in 1984 and was then dropped by his record company never to be seen again.

Its just yet another example of some of the dick head Morrissey fans that unfortunately plague this world. You get it with all 'fan boys' of all artists. We're not all like it. Don't worry. He's not worth the time of day.

A couple of weeks ago at a Smiths tribute band there were these 3 girls next to me loudly talking about their setlist predictions. "I'm So Sorry!" suggested one, to which they all agreed enthusiastically before singing a few lines from Suedehead. They were bloody irritating simply because they were so LOUD and DRUNK and seemingly desperate to show everyone what big fans they were...

I know exactly what you mean. When me and my girlfriend went to watch the Other Smiths there were quite a few 13-16 year olds there (I know I'm only a few years older) and they're just so irritating. They get drunk off a pint and dance way to over the top and mime to songs they don't know. That may sound very elitist, but I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I mean and how annoying it really is.

Rant over lol

:lbf: He was just taking the piss...

being a better fan because of region? Thats laughable. Protests too much. I do find myself professing to mutual friends why dont you get morrissey but not in a condescending arrogant way. Just what the ek. Eleitist fans are the worst . Frauds.

Back
Top Bottom