Arms around Paris- the airplay thread

So, it's record of the week on BBC radio2

and it's on the B list of BBC - 6 music - is this good?

So, it's record of the week on BBC radio2
and it's on the B list of BBC - 6 music - is this good?

If it goes onto the A list (which looks likely), that will be good news, and should guarantee it a top 10 place. However, without wider radio support it'll be out of the top 40 in two weeks (unlike First of the Gang which managed 5 or 6weeks).
BBC 6 is a good station but it's only available digitally so their playlists don't tend to influence sales.

It's updated now, and no, it isn't on their A, B or C-list...

Well it's officially on their A list now; http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist/index.shtml
Happy now, Johan?!

For those who aren't familiar with the UK radio stations, Radio 2 is the country's biggest and most-listened to station. Getting a song on the A list is obviously a pretty big deal, especially a few weeks before release.
It's now pretty much guaranteed a top 10 position and will give YOR healthy first-week sales; 60,000+ just about enough in most weeks to get to number 1. However, it comes out the week after the Brits which normally sees the award winners' sales rise dramatically so the number 1 slot could prove elusive...

God he looks pale

Last night 101.9 here in New York played "Paris" and hyped the album and the tour.

The introduction: "Here he is... Mr. Happypants" and later "Mr. Sunshine." They said it in a very affectionate way, though. :rolleyes:

Well it's officially on their A list now; http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist/index.shtml
Happy now, Johan?!

For those who aren't familiar with the UK radio stations, Radio 2 is the country's biggest and most-listened to station. Getting a song on the A list is obviously a pretty big deal, especially a few weeks before release.
It's now pretty much guaranteed a top 10 position and will give YOR healthy first-week sales; 60,000+ just about enough in most weeks to get to number 1. However, it comes out the week after the Brits which normally sees the award winners' sales rise dramatically so the number 1 slot could prove elusive...

Another well orchestrated move by Decca...Seriously, are these people crack pipers or what? Did they know anything about Morrissey before they signed him because it sure as shit doesn't look like they know how to effectively promote the man and his music.:mad:

Buzz, buzz, buzzz…

busy-honey-bees_1712.jpg

I heard it on now off the air/defunct L.A. area station Indie 103.1 really early in the morning, at around 4 AM, while, it looks like it won't be getting any airplay here in L.A. now, with Indie having gone online. No more Jonesy's Jukebox either!

Another well orchestrated move by Decca...Seriously, are these people crack pipers or what? Did they know anything about Morrissey before they signed him because it sure as shit doesn't look like they know how to effectively promote the man and his music.:mad:

Trouble is there's never gonna be a perfect week to release an album. There'll will always be other successful bands with recently released albums in the chart. The week after the Brits is better than the same week as the Brits coz that's when sales really increase. Not sure if another number 1 will mean all that much anyway. A number 1 single is a different matter!

Just heard I'm throwing my arms around paris on radio 2, whacked up the volume and threw the windows open just to annoy the neighbours!!!:D They also mentioned the broadcast on feb 11th, has anyone had any luck with tickets yet? I missed the entry closure by half an hour, well and truly gutted! but good luck to those who did enter!:tears:

I read somewhere today that u2's new album will be avilable to download on the 16 of february.

On Today fm now...

Paul McClune played it on all his shows this week. He usually plays one or two Moz/Smiths songs every night. On Wednesday night I think it was he was talking about how Moz was a true Star in the old fashioned sense of the word like Sinatra or Elvis, and how he was a fan in the old fashioned sense (thats not verbatim but close enough).

Has anyone mentioned it was Clint Boon's single of the week on XFM?

I reckon with all the airplay It may be Mozzer's highest charting single. Certainly his catchiest single since Irish Blood, English Heart.

Has anyone mentioned it was Clint Boon's single of the week on XFM?

I reckon with all the airplay It may be Mozzer's highest charting single. Certainly his catchiest single since Irish Blood, English Heart.

That would be 2 or 1 then...

I think it is too lightweight to be his biggest ever single, but who knows?
I reckon it will chart somewhere between 6-10, anything better will be a huge success.

Well, it's now made the 6 Music A-list. A Bryan Adams-esque three-month residency at number one is aall but guranteed!

Actually, it should defo go top 10. A third of us didn't buy THPGU because a) it was pants and b) contained no new b-sides. None of these things apply to Paris; I and many others will get both CDs.
Could just about manage top 5 but won't beat Irish Blood/YHKM - there's not a big enough buzz...

bur-limey. just noticed it's on the Virgin/Absolute playlist! it's only on their C-list but first time they've playlisted one of his songs since First of the Gang. anyone actually heard them play it though?

Years of Refusal will not make it to No 1 album this time....as ROTT did...cos Lily Allen's new album is out at the same time. And she is getting *loads* of press at the moment. Guardian/Observer gave her new album 5 (out of 5) stars and praised it to high heavens.

Regards to singles....Who cares? Nobody buys singles anymore.

iTunes UK haven't even got the Morrissey album as pre-order. Instead they have a lavish Lily Allen pre-order offer.....with Lily's used knickers thrown in :p:p

Back
Top Bottom