Armatopia by Johnny Marr on BBC Radio 2 playlist

Great song and good to see it's had over 150k Spotify streams already and will also be getting mainstream radio play this week.
Armatopia is a very good song -- very much in the spirit of Electronic -- .

I’ve heard that song. It’s all right, but nothing to set the world alight.

I never do like johnny songs. It is surprising that johnny music is not good anymore. The well is dry.

Depends on how you define ‘known to the world’. I believe Morrissey made himself known to the world by being who he is and with the release of his first solo record. The Smiths were just a stepping stone to higher places, and he’s still ridding high!

give a listen ...

Well except that Morrissey disagrees and has said many, many times over that Johnny came into his life at a time when he had given up and was basically a recluse living on Valium and toast. It was Johnny's "boy about town connections" that got them musicians, rehearsal space, managers, clothes, you name it. Without those things Morrissey was just a dreamer in his bedroom. He has talked about this openly, it's not really up for debate is it?

Well except that Morrissey disagrees and has said many, many times over that Johnny came into his life at a time when he had given up and was basically a recluse living on Valium and toast. It was Johnny's "boy about town connections" that got them musicians, rehearsal space, managers, clothes, you name it. Without those things Morrissey was just a dreamer in his bedroom. He has talked about this openly, it's not really up for debate is it?

I’m well aware of what Morrissey has said, he likes to play the victim that’s been saved, a damsel in distress.
My point is ... who the hell knows how
it would have turned out if Marr didn’t show up. We could also say they were both damn lucky to be in the right place at the right time, when the smarter folk needed a band like The Smiths they were there to deliver the goods and fill that void.

Yes they both needed each other to make The Smiths work, but I don’t think it’s correct to say, as the anon has said that... Marr gave Morrissey a chance.

Morrissey gave Marr a chance, sized him up and pulled himself together to make it happen.

I never do like johnny songs. It is surprising that johnny music is not good anymore. The well is dry.

its taken a Catastophic turn the Cometry music before it was plain awful now it CATASTROPHIC as well as cometic.:(

had moz not taken pity on poor Mr Cometry he would have had several lawnmower bands with the likes
of such twats as DH Andy and maybe, a down and out Hooky.:rock:
Bring in FH Mike to round out the circus of musical cuks. note how none of them got nothing going now
that they are out of the Moz picture.:brows:

Back
Top Bottom