Armatopia by Johnny Marr on BBC Radio 2 playlist

Again just watched the video:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

The video is crap, the music is crap, the singing and lyrics are worse than crap.

And that’s the best I can say about it.

Compared to Morning Starship, Morrissey’s miles ahead, bringing something different and new to the table. And it’s just a cover of an obscure artist! and that’s what’s so rebellious/punk about doing what he has. MAGIC as usual.

:cool:

I'm sure it will be well received when he plays it at Glastonbury this year.

I'm sure it will be well received when he plays it at Glastonbury this year.

Depends on your definition of ‘well received’. And what kind of people are doing this.. well receiving.

Then again it’s a captured audience, for they can’t all go to the toilets at once, though I’m sure they’ll make a strong effort to.

Or maybe they’ll all just shit their pants in protest, so then yes, you could say it will be ... ‘well recieved’.

Last edited:
:crazy:

yes very well received by the half dozen skinny sock puppet bobby twats trolls.:lbf:

Depends on your definition of ‘well received’. And what kind of people are doing this.. well receiving.

Then again it’s a captured audience, for they can’t all go to the toilets at once, though I’m sure they’ll make a strong effort to.

I mean it's getting a second week on Radio 2's playlist. Radio 2 gets around 14 million listeners per week so there's a good chance a number of the 175000 people who attend Glastonbury may be familiar with the song.

...so there's a good chance a number of the 175000 people who attend Glastonbury may be familiar with the song.

Yes, so they know when to clap, nothing
like a well prepared audience.

BTW...

I don’t care for the original, though the remix works much better, I mean at least it becomes what it was meant to be ... a dance song, when originally it was failing by trying to pass itself off as a rock/dance song.

Then again, does the world need another dance song? No.

Yes, so they know when to clap, nothing
like a well prepared audience.

BTW...

I don’t care for the original, though the remix works much better, I mean at least it becomes what it was meant to be ... a dance song, when originally it was failing by trying to pass itself off as a rock/dance song.

Then again, does the world need another dance song? No.

What, are you anti-dancing? What kind of pathetic, joyless world do you live in?

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: will be playing to about 100 cuks in a tiny tent at glastonbury,
the tiny tent will be located next to :

Portable-toilets-1024x697.jpg

It's not a war Marr against Morrissey. We all should be grateful they are both still making great music that we can enjoy.

Well, one of them is making great music.

MOZ WINS !!!!

:thumb:

Johnny Marr's lyrics are embarrassing nonsense but the music saves him.

"Armatopia" is great - he's really hitting his stride now :guitar:

I don’t think his lyrics are nonsense, he’s singing about climate change and the hopelessness people feel. What is there left to do but dance? Coupled with the wonderful music, Armatopia is a great statement song.

He's certainly won the how to destroy your UK career award.

^:rolleyes:

It’s not a career, as if he had a choice.

The man was born to sing the words he sings. It’s not a job, it’s.....

DESTINY !!!!!

^:rolleyes:

It’s not a career, as if he had a choice.

The man was born to sing the words he sings. It’s not a job, it’s.....

DESTINY !!!!!

And ironically, if it weren't for Johnny Marr's belief in him, Morrissey would never have been known to the world as a singer. You know this is true if you know anything about their history.

And ironically, if it weren't for Johnny Marr's belief in him, Morrissey would never have been known to the world as a singer. You know this is true if you know anything about their history.

Oh please! ‘if it weren’t for Johnny Marr's belief in him’
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::sleeping:

Johnny needed to believe because he needed NEEDED a frontman. And he heard stories about this strange man about town. Johnny needed Morrissey.

Depends on how you define ‘known to the world’. I believe Morrissey made himself known to the world by being who he is and with the release of his first solo record. The Smiths were just a stepping stone to higher places, and he’s still ridding high!

give a listen ....

perfection.

FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAD:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: NOT MET MOZ HE'D BE:oldman: UNABLE TO AFFORD HIS CHEAP WIGS!!!

THANK YOU MOZ FOR THIS ILL FITTING:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:!!!

:tiphat:

o_O

had it not been for Moz, DramaJ aka :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: would today be out husting D for a living. With the Missus permission of course.:laughing:

what a MAJOR TWAT this Dramatic Cometic one.:yum:

Oh please! ‘if it weren’t for Johnny Marr's belief in him’
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::sleeping:

Johnny needed to believe because he needed NEEDED a frontman. And he heard stories about this strange man about town. Johnny needed Morrissey.

Depends on how you define ‘known to the world’. I believe Morrissey made himself known to the world by being who he is and with the release of his first solo record. The Smiths were just a stepping stone to higher places, and he’s still ridding high!

give a listen ....

perfection.

I've heard that song. It's all right, but nothing to set the world alight.

Yes, Johnny and Morrissey needed each other. Nothing wrong with that. No need to denigrate Marr all the time. What was Morrissey doing after the Nosebleeds broke up in 1978 or so? A lot of singing in bands, was he? No he wasn't, he wasn't singing at all until the Smiths, until Johnny gave him another chance.

Yes, Johnny and Morrissey needed each other. Nothing wrong with that. No need to denigrate Marr all the time. What was Morrissey doing after the Nosebleeds broke up in 1978 or so? A lot of singing in bands, was he? No he wasn't, he wasn't singing at all until the Smiths, until Johnny gave him another chance.

:rolleyes:

right,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: who cant sing, write lyrics or decent music is going to give peeps a chance.:rofl:
him and DH Andy would have otherwise been bigger than the Stones despite neither being
able to sing or write themselves out of a paper bag:laughing::rofl::laughing:

Morrissey would have eventually found a guitarist to work with especially in Manchester, it could have been Vini.

Marr might have gotten a little recognition if he went to London and joined The The in the early eighties, but
even then Johnson would be writing the songs.

It’s Morrissey the frontman that Marr
needed and that saved Marr.

Morrissey gave Marr a chance.

case closed.

:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom