Are you not a true fan if you don't buy the releases?

Re: I'm Not Going To

I'm certainly not buying it, especially since a free download link was provided on this site, but the OH has pre-ordered 3 copies if HMV honour the £2.99 price tag.

Expect to see it in the woolies bargain bin by the end of the month.

this pisses me off.
And I never use that phrase.

Don't judge. Don't assume.

Nobody's gonna tell me I'm not a true "fan" or "Devotee".

I'm not going into this again, I'm already sorry I decided to say this.

2eozame.gif

I have a piece of Morrissey's shirt that i fought for with my bare hands. I keep it in a ziplock bag and when I have a bad day, I take out my ziplock bag, open it, take a whiff, and then feel better.

does THAT make me a true fan?????

I do the same thing when I have a bad day! Smelling the shirt always makes me feel a little better. Takes me back to a wonderful memory.

Artists with a decent amount of integrity tend to avoid sticking bonus tracks on these cds because they realise that it's a bit unfair to their dedicated fan base.

Who was it again who sang -

"Re-issue ! re-package ! re-package !
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra track (and a tacky badge)"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
You just broke Rule #2!!! :mad::p:D
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=740634&postcount=1

I am quite frankly shocked at the number of people on here who seem to be saying they haven't bought the new single OR album - and don't plan to!

The ONLY acceptable reason for not buying it is financial considerations - i wouldn't expect anyone to struggle money-wise just to buy a CD. But availability in shops is no excuse, in this age of the internet.

IMO, if you don't buy his releases, you don't support him, & you're not a true fan.

I am quite frankly shocked I'm forced to pay $42.98 at Amazon for the Collector's Edition of Morrissey's Greatest Hits - a collection of songs all of which I have except for two average new singles I can download from 7digital.com.

Get off you high horse... Jesus!:sick:

Have I got that right - you took your kids out and made them go without lunch so you could buy the album (scratches head)?

er.....no.I'm not THAT much of a bitch!!Not even for Moz would i let them go hungry.They got stuck in-even had ice cream and the six year old fed me scraps.;)

lol, that was very good, in fact it shall go in my sig (if thats what you people call it!)

Yes..its my first ever poem. I didn't know i was capable of such literary heights.:rolleyes:

I've been reading this from begining to end for the last half hour or so , some very funny bits, but something has been bugging me since page 4;

"Do you even know when his birthday is Amie?" In my subconscious quest to wish upon Morrissey a balanced and more happy life, I said without hesitation, "May 23."

Morrissey's birthday is May 22nd...does this mean I can join the gang? Am I a true fan?

(BTW, CrystalGeezer, I'm wishing you a balanced and more happy life, not trying to score points :) )

If it counts, I tried to buy the vinyl album today but nowhere in Manchester stocked it...I will buy the CDs when they make it to the bargain bin at FOPP

I haven't bought the greatest hits cd for a number of reasons -

1) I already own all the songs apart from the two bonus tracks which, as I have already said, suck balls.
2) His last two albums have been absolute toss and I have decided, on the strength of this, to count myself out of that exclusive club who buy whatever old shite he churns out.
3) I'm not sure I want to give my money to a right wing lunatic who, despite thinking that it's wrong to cull animals to keep them out of the cities, is happy to go on record as saying that there are too many human immigrants coming into the UK. The man's gone f***ing looney tunes.

In fact, having read what I've just written, I'm not sure I'm actually a fan anymore. Imagine if you will that you're at a circus. In the beginning the circus is brilliant, it's key appeal is that it has two ringmasters who, between them, put on the best tricks that you've ever seen, plus they have two of the best assistants that you've ever seen putting on genuinely innovative supporting performances.

After a while the second ringmaster decides to leave the circus due to the first ringmaster's increasingly wierd behaviour. He tries out a variety of different circuses which all turn out to be quite different from his first one, but are ultimately nowhere near as good, until he eventually unexpectedly joins Modest mouse and redeems himself back up to genius status.

The two assistants have now got annoyed and asked for some money from the two ringmasters, claiming that they have been unfairly treated.

Meanwhile the first ringmaster, despite many years having passed, is still trying to perform his original act which involved throwing nuggets of gold from a bucket directly at you in the audience. The trouble is, he's run out of golden nuggets now, and now he's been reduced to throwing lumps of his own soggy shit at you. At this point it's only a matter of time before you walk out of that circus isn't it. Walk out of the circus all covered in that ringmaster's poo..... with a copy of his greatest hits cd in your hand.

Back
Top Bottom