Are you getting 'This Is Morrissey' and/or 'All The Young People Must Fall In Love'?

Are you buying 'This Is Morrissey' album and/or 'All The Young People Must Fall In Love' single?

• Yes both the album and the single.

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Just the album.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Just the single.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
of course I am,nobody will tell me how to spend my money which iv worked my arse off to earn.im buying it for the cover alone as most of us have the songs already and iv been asking for rose garden probably more than anybody on this site.

Nope! Any new Morrissey music I will buy, despite him turning into something despicable. Because I'm pathetic in that way. But a lazily cobbled compilation of his 88--94 material I already have, no! If the Clearmountain mix is on iTunes and significantly different and good, I'll buy it -- but that's it.

Maybe both release wil be cancelled too?!
You can‘t even purchase the single one week ahead it‘s release on Amazon...

Both the Amazon UK CD & vinyl listings have changed from placeholders to regular Amazon preorders now - as predicted.

View attachment 44787

Regards,
FWD.

The US Amazon place holder is now a pre-order sold & shipped by Amazon.com themselves - no picture, but it can now be bought on the US Amazon (estimated 13th of July) .
It hasn't updated on the UK site, but that's not exactly important given how many UK outlets have been listing it for sale/pre-order for 3+ weeks.

So, to summate (as of 19th June):

All The Young People... 7"
Many, many UK indie record shops.
HMV.
UK Mporium t-shirt bundle deal (not on US site).
Europe - many stockists.
USA Amazon - changed to now pre-order.
UK Amazon - still a placeholder.

This Is Morrissey - CD/Vinyl:
Many, many UK indie record shops pre-order with staggered release date.
European stockists including Italian & French Amazon ready to pre-order.
UK Amazon - both CD & vinyl available to pre-order (sold & dispatched by Amazon).
US Amazon - not listed yet.
Edit (June 23): now listed on US Amazon.
Edit (June 19): now on UK Mporium as a bundle with t-shirt and pre-orders.

No sign of digital - yet.
Regards,
FWD.

Vinyl now listed fully on Amazon.com too:

https://www.amazon.com/This-Morrissey-LP/dp/B07DKMRM9C/

13 tracks according to Amazon USA - perhaps an oversight?

Disc: 1
  1. The Last of the Famous International Playboys (2010 Remastered Version)
  2. Ouija Board, Ouija Board (2010 Remastered Version)
  3. Speedway (2014 Remastered Version)
  4. Have-A-Go Merchant
  5. Satellite Of Love (Live)
  6. Suedehead (Mael Mix)
Disc: 2
  1. Lucky Lisp (2010 Remastered Version)
  2. Whatever Happens I Love You
  3. You're The One For Me Fatty (Live)
  4. Angel Angel Down We Go Together (2011 Remastered Version)
  5. Jack The Ripper
  6. The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye (2013 Remastered Version)
  7. Everyday Is Like Sunday (2010 Remastered Version)
The CD version has appeared as a placeholder:
https://www.amazon.com/This-Morrissey/dp/B07FGT6X9D/

Regards,
FWD.

Add also All The Young... now a placeholder on German Amazon.
Add also This is Morrissey added as a placeholder on German Amazon.
Add also: sold and fulfilled by Amazon Italy for All The Young People... 7"
Add also: This is Morrissey CD added now to pre-order on Amazon.com
Add also: This is Morrissey CD added now to pre-order on Amazon.fr
Add also: This is Morrissey CD added now to pre-order on Amazon.it

Which of all of the above would indicate something isn't coming out?
UK Amazon haven't changed their placeholder - maybe they won't stock it. They fulfilled marketplace orders for Jackie's without selling it directly themselves. If Moz subsequently stops any release - Amazon stocking it has zero to do with that.
There are many, many well established shops in the UK that are selling it and HMV will have multiple copies. What really is the big deal about it not being listed on one site and how exactly does that have any bearing on anywhere else whatsoever?
Regards,
FWD.
(buying all versions to file in the collection btw).

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unless I am being stupid, the pre-order for the This Is Morrissey cd on Amazon.com is an import and not an US release. The image looks like the UK version and the release data is 7 September? I am very confused, is there an actual US release?

Unless I am being stupid, the pre-order for the This Is Morrissey cd on Amazon.com is an import and not an US release. The image looks like the UK version and the release data is 7 September? I am very confused, is there an actual US release?
Same with the vinyl - although the CD says 'Flashback Warners' - tbh the point was the fact they have a point of sale and not which version. It could be Amazon.com (and Amazon Canada) getting things wrapped round their ass or (and possibly better for some) the full version of the record as an import (which accounts for the later release date to allow for importing).
I've discussed this elsewhere many times, but Amazon's role in the build-up to LIHS has been diminished and marginalised - go look for LIHS vinyl on UK Amazon today or CD (which ironically is available only as an import itself).
Several European 7" releases were marketplace sellers using Amazon fulfilment and not Amazon itself selling it - although some Amazon's are supplying directly and there's no explanation at all as to why.
The pattern for how these 2 releases would appear was predicted and came true.
UK->Indie record shops->HMV->Amazon placeholder->Amazon pre-order->'maybe digital' in that order.
Can't speak for the States. I have no idea why they don't directly stock things anymore and that's odd, but not as odd as solely relying on the company for validation of a record's release (which I appreciate you weren't doing).
I'd suspect the Sire release as pictured on Central either has manufacturing issues or something's up as it hasn't really surfaced anywhere in the States yet as a unique 'Sire' product.
Superdeluxe listings for Amazon shops:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/this-is-morrissey-new-compilation/

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Same with the vinyl - although the CD says 'Flashback Warners' - tbh the point was the fact they have a point of sale and not which version. It could be Amazon.com (and Amazon Canada) getting things wrapped round their ass or (and possibly better for some) the full version of the record as an import (which accounts for the later release date to allow for importing).
I've discussed this elsewhere many times, but Amazon's role in the build-up to LIHS has been diminished and marginalised - go look for LIHS vinyl on UK Amazon today or CD (which ironically is available only as an import itself).
Several European 7" releases were marketplace sellers using Amazon fulfilment and not Amazon itself selling it - although some Amazon's are supplying directly and there's no explanation at all as to why.
The pattern for how these 2 releases would appear was predicted and came true.
UK->Indie record shops->HMV->Amazon placeholder->Amazon pre-order->'maybe digital' in that order.
Can't speak for the States. I have no idea why they don't directly stock things anymore and that's odd, but not as odd as solely relying on the company for validation of a record's release (which I appreciate you weren't doing).
I'd suspect the Sire release as pictured on Central either has manufacturing issues or something's up as it hasn't really surfaced anywhere in the States yet as a unique 'Sire' product.
Superdeluxe listings for Amazon shops:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/this-is-morrissey-new-compilation/

Regards,
FWD.
famous whats happening with rose garden,cant see it on amazon,is it still coming out.

Since the record store now owns my Morrissey collection, I'll go ahead and let them order it if they want to. But I hear he's not selling so well down there anymore.

This is Morrissey is on iTunes Store, Apple music and Spotify now, sadly no sign of the ATYP remix, which is all I was interested in.

Last edited:
There's too many similar threads on this topic!
Add to digital: This is Morrissey is available as a stream & download on Amazon UK and Google Play store.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom