Are you already prepping?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 28602

see above.

I just bought a solar radio and some new solar camping lights. They are still affordable. Last time I went camping was quite a long time ago, and I am surprised how much development camping gear has undergone mostly with regard to its weight and the use of solar energy.

1659900855161.png
1659900900848.png

I am not one of those people who bought an extra load of toilet paper during the corona crisis, but i find it quite disturbing that due to the heat wave and drought in France, for example, many nuclear reactors have been curbed down as the water levels in rivers are too low now to cool the fuel rods any longer. Without the energy, the waterworks can no longer built up the necessary pressure to transport water into homes. This threat sounds much more realistic to me than the danger caused by the virus.

I'm gonna buy some candles and batteries tomorrow. Should i get a portable solar power generator now? They are already quite expensive, but I wanted to start buying some portable solar panels for home use anyway, and this seems to be a good moment.

see above.

I just bought a solar radio and some new solar camping lights. They are still affordable. Last time I went camping was quite a long time ago, and I am surprised how much development camping gear has undergone mostly with regard to its weight and the use of solar energy.

View attachment 83365View attachment 83366

I am not one of those people who bought an extra load of toilet paper during the corona crisis, but i find it quite disturbing that due to the heat wave and drought in France, for example, many nuclear reactors have been curbed down as the water levels in rivers are too low now to cool the fuel rods any longer. Without the energy, the waterworks can no longer built up the necessary pressure to transport water into homes. This threat sounds much more realistic to me than the danger caused by the virus.

I'm gonna buy some candles and batteries tomorrow. Should i get a portable solar power generator now? They are already quite expensive, but I wanted to start buying some portable solar panels for home use anyway, and this seems to be a good moment.

The robots will fix everything.
The got a higher intelligence level on how to handle these problems.
Nowadays they even got solar robots.

The robots will fix everything.
The got a higher intelligence level on how to handle these problems.
Nowadays they even got solar robots.
They are not interested in fixing the effects of the climate collapse, coz they will be able to survive it, and humans won't. They will rule this planet.

And when the sex robots become available, wildT will be first in line!
Sex robots won't be needed coz the male preppers will be able to buy all the pussy they can only dream of with a thimble of water and slice of tinned bread.

Sex robots won't be needed coz the male preppers will be able to buy all the pussy they can only dream of with a thimble of water and slice of tinned bread.

"thimble of water and slice of tinned bread"

That's funny!

Let's get serious please, folks.

What is the most likely emergency situation you might face in the future, and that you can prepare for?

Probably a blackout. A few weeks ago, I would have said a "14-day-corona-quarantine", but at the moment blackouts are much more realistic.

What is the very first thing that you have to do when you notice that there is a blackout and you are lucky enough to be at home?

What is the very first thing that you have to do when you notice that there is a blackout and you are lucky enough to be at home?
Upon noticing there's a blackout, and am lucky enough to be home, I'd probably just have to go to bed and wake up the next morning when it's daylight...and, of course, help myself to a thimble of water and a few slices of tinned bread. What else would I do?

Upon noticing there's a blackout, and am lucky enough to be home, I'd probably just have to go to bed and wake up the next morning when it's daylight...and, of course, help myself to a thimble of water and a few slices of tinned bread. What else would I do?
As you don't know how long the blackout will last, it is recommended that you immediately fill up the bathtub, the sinks and every bucket available with tap water. After a blackout it will take some time before the water houses can no longer pump water to your home. The water in the bathtub can be used, for example, to flush your toilet in the days or weeks to come.

Let's get serious please, folks.

What is the most likely emergency situation you might face in the future, and that you can prepare for?

Probably a blackout. A few weeks ago, I would have said a "14-day-corona-quarantine", but at the moment blackouts are much more realistic.

KRS-ONE did a helpful song about this stuff, some years back.
He talks about gettin' a flashlight and some chemical light sticks.
He doesn't mention anything about timbles though.
Thanks for the tip!
:flashlight:

Thanks for the tip!

lol.

Actually ‘Disaster Kit’ would be a great name for a band.

Anyway, if anyone’s serious about this stuff, then get some guns and learn how to use them. Also some books on farming and basic medical procedures, and learn how to make a fire, that may come in handy.

Thanks for the tip!

A highly educational song and video. Thank you very much.

lol.

Anyway, if anyone’s serious about this stuff, then get some guns and learn how to use them. Also some books on farming and basic medical procedures, and learn how to make a fire, that may come in handy.
Well, you cannot simply get a gun in all parts of the world, so, here where i live, they recommend this pepper gun for self-defence...

1659960709352.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you cannot simply get a gun in all parts of the world, so, here where i live, they recommend this pepper gun for, of course, only self-defence...

View attachment 83389

Do people go hunting in your country? Get a license.

I’m not anti or pro-gun at all, but in a different world, it will be a necessity. Haven’t you seen Mad Max ? Lol.

lol.

Lol...America's answer to everything: get a gun!
Christ almighty.

lol.

Ain't ever fired one of them things.
Turkey steppin' is my weapon.
Would be a great name.

I forgot about the danger of nuclear contamination.

I can't remember that shortly after Tschnernobyl, when the radiation cloud was passing over our heads and raining down, anybody would have advised people to stay at home and close all doors or windows till the cloud had passed.

Back
Top Bottom