are you a nice person and is it worth it?

I'm a very nice person, though sometimes too nice for my own good. Oh well, I like being nice :).

I'm nice, in my own awkward kind of way. However it can make things worse sometimes. On Monday I received change for £20 when I had only given a tenner. I handed the extra £10 back to the woman who served me and alerted her to the mistake. As I walked away I saw her getting a bollocking from a male colleague, possibly her manager? I then sat down and handed my wife her £6 change and explained that it could have been £16. Then I got a bollocking!! :straightface:

I saw a penny on the shop floor this morning and almost picked it up (for good luck),then I thought, for purely unselfish reasons,that I'd I'd leave it there for a poor person.Top guy,me .

I saw a penny on the shop floor this morning and almost picked it up (for good luck),then I thought, for purely unselfish reasons,that I'd I'd leave it there for a poor person.Top guy,me .

You're a sweetheart! You should have picked it up and put it towards a collection for your musically-challenged work colleague. I think you should buy him some taste for Xmas.

As for me, I think I'm a decent person and I always try to be kind - or at least civil if I don't like someone. When I'm good, I'm very very good but when I am bad I am horrid!

You're a sweetheart! You should have picked it up and put it towards a collection for your musically-challenged work colleague. I think you should buy him some taste for Xmas.

As for me, I think I'm a decent person and I always try to be kind - or at least civil if I don't like someone. When I'm good, I'm very very good but when I am bad I am horrid!

Ain' it the truth! I'm a sweetheart!
He's actually a nice guy,born when The Smiths ended, ironically.I tried to make him see the light,but,alas no,he's even got their names tattooed.
AND hes into Michael Jackson, so theres no hope.
Hmmm...I wonder who picked up that penny?

Last edited:
I'm nice, in my own awkward kind of way. However it can make things worse sometimes. On Monday I received change for £20 when I had only given a tenner. I handed the extra £10 back to the woman who served me and alerted her to the mistake. As I walked away I saw her getting a bollocking from a male colleague, possibly her manager? I then sat down and handed my wife her £6 change and explained that it could have been £16. Then I got a bollocking!! :straightface:

Sorry, that' very funny and contains a lot of truth about how well-meant actions can work out. :lbf:

I made a discreet little donation to a Pakistani flood appeal today and was interested how good it made me feel: turns out being unselfish can be selfish too! :p

To answer the second question which breaks circular logic or whatever, it's worth it to me to make the people around me feel special or respected or comfortable. I smile at babies and children, actually whoever gives me pleasant eye contact. I know when someone smiles at me or gives up their seat or does something kind, it feels lovely. So I try to do the same within the confines of my weird shyness.

I think I'm a nice person (at least, a fortune teller once told me I had one of the kindest hearts she'd ever 'seen' :cool:). As to whether it's worth it or not...In an immediate context, it may sound corny or whatever, but it's worth it to the people who are worth it. What I'm trying to say is, the people who recognise and value your kindness are the people who deserve it; and they tend to make up for the people who shove it back in your face.

I share basically the same outlook as both of you. I do believe in simple human compassion, respect and kindness- such a little thing, etc- and try to exercise it whenever possible as it is worth it and does make a difference. I am wary though; I don't suffer fools gladly and if someone is being extremely rude or otherwise vile I am not averse to putting them in their place.

As someone trying to be a Nurse and who wants to look after animals and people....maybe!
But we all have a dark side within our humane shells.

That is very true.

Tags
i hv spent my wholelifenruins
Back
Top Bottom