Are politicians out of touch with ordinary folk

Musley

wild and free
I heard an interview on local radio today with Nick Clegg, new Leader of the Liberal Democrats. He had a very privilidged upbringing and was a public school boy. Can someone like that really help ordinary working class folk.

Politicians have to be out of touch to get where they are today. And who says "ordinary folk" are any more in touch? They are biased just like every other person on the planet.

wooo, not Hillary though!! she pumps gas and drinks whiskey just like us common folk!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh whatever.

you like Obama cuz its hip.

:cool:

if hollywood and the left support it,no matter what it is,I am sure you just agree.

:rolleyes:

oh whatever.

you like Obama cuz its hip.

:cool:

if hollywood and the left support it,no matter what it is,I am sure you just agree.

:rolleyes:

yeah how bout you announce to everyone just how many calls you've made for Obama!! ooooooooh snap! :cool::D

p.s. 12 years in the basement for you!!!

HA HA Ha Ha
Why isn't there a "laughing" icon/smiley. It would save typing.

In a word, yes. Most politicians are out of touch with ordinary people. Most have lived a life of privilege and don't understand what it's like to live in the lower echelons of society.

In a word, yes. Most politicians are out of touch with ordinary people. Most have lived a life of privilege and don't understand what it's like to live in the lower echelons of society.

also, some can't work a frickin coffee machine

*cough cough* hillary *cough cough*

I agree, I bet they don't live where you are too afraid to go out at night. They all keep saying they will sort it out and never do, I've heard the same old crap year after year after year. I have finally given up with the lot of them.

A lot of MPs are very in touch with the public...usually in the loos or up against a tree on Hampstead Heath.;)

A lot of MPs are very in touch with the public...usually in the loos or up against a tree on Hampstead Heath.;)
Toe-tappers.

It always annoys me when people, in particular other politicos, use a person's education against them. I never understood why it was a bad thing to be highly educated, as though if you went to a fee-paying school you are a cold-hearted elitist by definition. "Oh, he went to Eton/Oxford/Cambridge/Harvard" is so often used as a slander these days, and whenever I hear it, I despair. Politicians should be educated to the highest standards, and yes, most of the time that means having gone to a private school and a top university. That's fine by me, I want to know the person I vote for can handle the intellectual rigour of a post in professional politics, which is not something that Bloke X in the pub down the road is capable of, even though he may be more 'in touch' with public opinion. The general public are usually wrong, and more people need to wake up and realise that.

Coiff.

It always annoys me when people, in particular other politicos, use a person's education against them. I never understood why it was a bad thing to be highly educated, as though if you went to a fee-paying school you are a cold-hearted elitist by definition. "Oh, he went to Eton/Oxford/Cambridge/Harvard" is so often used as a slander these days, and whenever I hear it, I despair. Politicians should be educated to the highest standards, and yes, most of the time that means having gone to a private school and a top university. That's fine by me, I want to know the person I vote for can handle the intellectual rigour of a post in professional politics, which is not something that Bloke X in the pub down the road is capable of, even though he may be more 'in touch' with public opinion. The general public are usually wrong, and more people need to wake up and realise that.

Coiff.

Right. If you needed surgery on your heart, you would want to go to a doctor who was one of the best students from the best universities in the world. You'd never leave it up to someone with no credentials. But to run the country, apparently, the same kind of credentials count against you. Strange.

Coiff.

I believe politicians should be drug tested and have the results publicly known. Even prescription drugs they take should be known.

If some rube needs to be tested to work at Walmart, politicians should also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom