Are Marilyn Manson and Shirly Manson related?

• Thread starter MILF Destroyer a.k.a. El Scorcho Mexicano
  • Start date
> I heard that they were.

I would guess not (except of course in the sense that we are all related to each other) . Marilyn Manson is not the real name of the singer. I believe that he, like other members of the band takes his name by combining a famous female actress and/or model and a serial killer. This is because he is a rebel who likes to confront society's conventions.

I don't know whether Shirley Manson is a stage name or a genuine one. Of course the fact that original surnames of two artists are not the same does not mean they could not be related, though given that they hold different nationalities, any relationship is unlikely to be close.

Shirley Manson was in a band called "Goodbye Mr Mackenzie" and I think it more likely that she is related to Duncan McKenzie, who used to jump over minis.

How brilliant! For a second there I thought you were falling for MILF Destroyer's shticky antics. But by your post's end you turn it on his punk ass Obi Wan Kenobi style.

I did not set out with the intention of turning it on his punk ass Obi Wan Kenobi style, but I presume you feel that this is a positive thing to do, so thanks for the compliment.

> I would guess not (except of course in the sense that we are all related
> to each other) . Marilyn Manson is not the real name of the singer. I
> believe that he, like other members of the band takes his name by
> combining a famous female actress and/or model and a serial killer. This
> is because he is a rebel who likes to confront society's conventions.

> I don't know whether Shirley Manson is a stage name or a genuine one. Of
> course the fact that original surnames of two artists are not the same
> does not mean they could not be related, though given that they hold
> different nationalities, any relationship is unlikely to be close.

> Shirley Manson was in a band called "Goodbye Mr Mackenzie" and I
> think it more likely that she is related to Duncan McKenzie, who used to
> jump over minis.

Is that the same Duncan McKenzie who played for Leeds United?
A tremendously gifted player who garnered about 3 caps for England despite being the best player in the country for a while. He didn't think much of the authorities, or running himself into the ground.
Much like Rodney Marsh, Alan Hudson, Stan Bowles and Matt Le Tissier, he couldn't be arsed with the stuffed shirts that ran the game.
Or maybe you're thinking of Precious McKenzie, a midget weightlifter and regular on UK tea-time telly in the seventies. He made almost as many appearances on Blue Peter as John Noakes. And more than Shep.
Mind you, I can't remember him jumping over minis. I recall him hurling a few through the air though. With the greatest of ease.

> Is that the same Duncan McKenzie who played for Leeds United?

That’s the one; no caps at all actually but he did jump over minis.

> Or maybe you're thinking of Precious McKenzie, a midget weightlifter and
> regular on UK tea-time telly in the seventies.

Precious is now a back injury prevention consultant and a member of the New Zealand Safety Council. I’ve prevented injuries to my back by never attempting to jump over a mini.

Here’s a picture of Precious and Mohammed Ali (Precious on the left).

Leeds Legends
pic125087.jpg

> That’s the one; no caps at all actually but he did jump over minis.

> Precious is now a back injury prevention consultant and a member of the
> New Zealand Safety Council. I’ve prevented injuries to my back by never
> attempting to jump over a mini.

> Here’s a picture of Precious and Mohammed Ali (Precious on the left).

Great pic of wee Precious and Ali there, Herb. I take it Precious picked him up and threw him through a plate-glass window about a minute later. Well, that was his job. We've all got to earn a coin somehow.
I got a photo taken with Ali about 10 years ago. He was in Glasgow on a book-signing tour. I didn't know but I happened to be staggering past Waterstone's and he shouted on me. Not much wrong with his eyesight, although he didn't have a clue where he was (I know the feeling).

No caps for Dunc??? And there are loads of horses arses with dozens of them?? It's an unfair world.

I didn't know he jumped over minis too. That talent would have come in handy avoiding the Leeds hatchet-men during their training sessions.
The early 70's were great for all those we-don't-give-a-f*** players. Completely at odds with the post-war crones who ran the game.

Alf Ramsey reluctantly capped one of them for England , but said to him before the game,
" If you don't do well, I'm going to pull you off at half-time."
" That's great," replied the player, " at Manchester City we only get a cup of tea and half an orange."

But who was the player??
Answers on a postcard to P. McCann, c/o Buckingham Palace, London.
Or you can post them here.