Arcade Fire - covers Still Ill

The Seeker of Good Songs

The Arcade Fire - Still Ill (Smiths Cover) (Live)

Last edited by a moderator:
They bloody wrecked that song...I'm sorry but...It was like punching a meringue to death

Not the best cover in the world, but I loved it. Arcade Fire are one of my favourite bands of recent years. Didn't know they were Smiths fans. :)

Murder! I often think I like this band, but then I always find myself getting irritated by them when I actually watch or listen to them. Strange.

Murder! I often think I like this band, but then I always find myself getting irritated by them when I actually watch or listen to them. Strange.

It's because they have a "cool" name probably...

I can't judge anything based on this poor audio quality.

Watch a better one then :confused:
This is actually one of their better performances of "Still Ill", it's just I think their singer is naff and I don't like the band much at all...they're music swots

yeah, sorry Seeker, its not a good recording, in your initial post :straightface:
not your fault really, but based on that recording, I would not like them anymore :eek:
so, for now, I shall reserver judgement, since I do have some love for them :o

yeah, sorry Seeker, its not a good recording, in your initial post :straightface:
not your fault really, but based on that recording, I would not like them anymore :eek:
so, for now, I shall reserver judgement, since I do have some love for them :o
It wasn't a recording of mine...just something Smiths related I came across that I wanted to pass on to others.

Poor sound yes, poor cover? Not for me. Arcade Fire are one of the finest bands to emerge in the last few years, and to see them live has been one of my favourite gigs ever (Moz aside, obviously). Looking forward to seeing them again in Cardiff in a couple of days. Just a shame that this cover doesn't seem to be appearing on the setlist for the current tour.

LhasaApsoAbby8MonthsOld.JPG
- lhasa
lute1.jpg

bruce-lee.jpg

hoe.jpg

bone_thoracic%20cage_%201.gif
#3, for example
black_bull_tattoos.gif

I was hoping they'd play Still Ill or another Smiths cover in Dublin this past Monday. They didn't but it was a very good gig. :guitar:

Tonight in Manchester, Win Butler briefly said something like 'see if you can tell what we've taken from a Manchester band in this next song' before launching into 'The Suburbs'. I didn't notice anything but upon my return I looked for a setlist online and found that he played a snippet of 'There Is A Light...'. How I missed it I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom