Aragon info was up on TM a little while ago...

Got my ticket too. Was panicking yesterday because there was no Will Call facility for those of us traveling to Chicago from Ireland...:)

We all have to meet up somewhere 4 sure.

Joey, you are 21 now right? ;)

If not, you can stand in line, while the rest of us drink. :guitar::guitar:

Joey is now 22 years of legal drinking age.

I'm very excited about going!
I just hope work lets me go :confused:

I think the building charge is for all the sidewalks we'll mess up from standing on them all day. That, or to pay for when we chop the stage in half so it's only 4 1/2 feet tall instead of 9 feet.

Question for those experienced with the Aragon Ballroom.

I'm going to the show at the Aragon for my first Moz show, and I just had some questions about the area. My friend and I live in the suburbs and we plan on taking the Metra into Union Station and then the L to Lawrence Avenue.

I've heard it said it's a rough area, is this true? Is it anything to be concerned about just going to and from the L station and ballroom?

Thanks.

Re: Question for those experienced with the Aragon Ballroom.

I'm going to the show at the Aragon for my first Moz show, and I just had some questions about the area. My friend and I live in the suburbs and we plan on taking the Metra into Union Station and then the L to Lawrence Avenue.

I've heard it said it's a rough area, is this true? Is it anything to be concerned about just going to and from the L station and ballroom?

Thanks.

It's less than half a block from the El station to the Aragon. Don't be scurred. :p
It's not a rough area either, IMO. It's gotten a lot better over the years.

Here's a link to The Aragon at Metromix Chicago and what's nearby.

Great, thanks. And as I started sorting in another thread, I want to be closeish...you know, first five to fifteen rows, since I heard the sightlines are poor if you're not up close. How early should I show up then? Two hours?

Chicago Aragon Show

Is anyone going to this? What time are you planning on getting there? I got there in 2006 around 2, there were already at least 100 people, some of whom had shown up the night before. I've never done this, it would be exciting, but is anyone else gonna get there crazy early?

Chicago Aragon Show

As it is a standing room venue, I am considering getting there around 2 or 3 A.M. the night before, dawn at the latest. Anyone else have plans like this?

Re: Chicago Aragon Show

Yes, I predict many people will leave directly from the Milwaukee show and camp out at the Aragon, it's only about two hours' drive.

I'm staying over in MKE, too old for that pavement business. I'm ok with not being in front, this time.

I know a huge number of people from here will be there. Someone will probably start a roll call thread in the tour page a few days before the show.

I planned on getting there around noon. Is that too late?

edit: forgot about the time difference, I'd be getting there at 11.

Last edited:

I'll probably be there at about 4 PM.

Is anyone going to this? What time are you planning on getting there? I got there in 2006 around 2, there were already at least 100 people, some of whom had shown up the night before. I've never done this, it would be exciting, but is anyone else gonna get there crazy early?

I showed up 2 hours before the show in 2006, was maybe 200th in line... I had a decent spot to stand all night too, but I was solo and slithered around to primo viewing. I have a feeling this year's line will get longer, faster but I'm with Pregs (literally). We'll get there when as soon as we can and hope for the best. :)

p.s. I thought you lived in IN? Did you move?

I was planning on getting there at 11, do you think that would be a little late to be in the front?

I showed up 2 hours before the show in 2006, was maybe 200th in line... I had a decent spot to stand all night too, but I was solo and slithered around to primo viewing. I have a feeling this year's line will get longer, faster but I'm with Pregs (literally). We'll get there when as soon as we can and hope for the best. :)

p.s. I thought you lived in IN? Did you move?

No, I'm still in Indiana, but only about 45 minutes from the Aragon. But when I made this account I was going to move into my friend's apartment on the northside, but then I didn't, but I forgot to edit my profile information accordingly.

No, I'm still in Indiana, but only about 45 minutes from the Aragon. But when I made this account I was going to move into my friend's apartment on the northside, but then I didn't, but I forgot to edit my profile information accordingly.

I don't mind. ;) I'll look for ya at front of the line. I hope it's decent weather for your campout!

Tags
boo hoo strider the king of gondor
Back
Top Bottom