Aragon info was up on TM a little while ago...

ah sorry, I don't know anything about that

Possibly...the whole "XRT VIP" thing goin' on. I suppose that I should sign up for that at some point...it's free to do, I think.

I can say that I haven't heard anything on XRT about the Morrissey concert, yet.

It doesn’t cost anything to sign up for the VIP Lounge. You can enter as many contests as you want and if you win, they call your contact # you give them. I don’t see Morrissey listed (anywhere, for that matter) but I did enter to win tickets to Buckwheat Zydeco at HOB in Feb. :p I’ve never won anything (yet).

XRT hasn't said anything about Moz coming. They hyped it in 2007, so... :confused: And I haven’t had any luck figuring out the local pre-sale thing tomorrow, either. WTF. :confused: :mad: Pregs, help!

I know nothing. If it isn't XRT... does Q101 even still exist? I have no idea. I can't believe there is no information. I suppose we could try calling the Aragon.

If all else fails, I'd just try the standard password for this tour. The presale is Sunday, actually. It said the 18th- did that change?

I know nothing. If it isn't XRT... does Q101 even still exist? I have no idea. I can't believe there is no information. I suppose we could try calling the Aragon.

If all else fails, I'd just try the standard password for this tour. The presale is Sunday, actually. It said the 18th- did that change?

Q101 does, but I doubt they'd ever promote Morrissey. Fall Out Boy, sure...:rolleyes:

I'm surprised there haven't been any tidbits of info. I've tried to get thru to Ticketmaster and XRT to ask about just what the local presale means, but no luck. May try later. Yeah, we should just try with what we have on the 18th.

Then chances are very few other people will, either. Just wait a week for the iTunes presale. I don't think we'll have any problems.

I already preordered once for the Milwaukee presale, I do not want to pay the extra $10 again. I love the guy, but this is getting silly. There is still Ann Arbor to buy for, too.

Okay.

Then wait to the general sale. Lots of people have to do so.

And I haven’t had any luck figuring out the local pre-sale thing tomorrow, either.

I see what I did there, sorry :o I was a bit frantic this morning. I have tomorrow's things-to-do on my brain also, getting Morrissey tickets, not one of them. :p

Okay.

Then wait to the general sale. Lots of people have to do so.

I think we're all safe to wait (not that I will ;)). I doubt it will sell out, his only US date here in 2006 didn't.

This venue is all GA then? Am thinking about going least GA would take some stress off of getting tix.

Yes, it's all GA.

I believe you. I’ll keep checking..or let you do so ;). Are you going to get tickets?

Will ya look at the pic on the Aragon's home page… Moz will be so unattainable. :( *sigh*

Yeah, Aragon SUCKS. Worst concert venue in Chicago. I'm pretty bummed he's playing there again.

Yeah, Aragon SUCKS. Worst concert venue in Chicago. I'm pretty bummed he's playing there again.

You and I both. :( I had an absolutely horrible experience at the Aragon Brawlroom (as my boyfriend calls it) when Morrissey played there last. I haven't been back since. Morrissey is the only act that I would even consider going back to the Aragon to see.

Why not the lovely Vic? The best venue in Chicago according to XRT listener poll. Or even Metro? What's with the Aragon?

Oh, and did anyone notice that Enrique Bunbury is playing at the Aragon soon? I have no idea who he is, but 'Bunbury'? Lol.

What was the Auditorium show like that he played in 2007..never heard of that venue before..Was it bigger or smaller then the Aragon?

What was the Auditorium show like that he played in 2007..never heard of that venue before..Was it bigger or smaller then the Aragon?

Bigger. It's a big, old, fancy theatre that does high-falutin' shows like operas, ballets, & stuff like that. At least that's the only thing I ever saw there. Maybe they require either the audience or the performer to have grey hair.

http://auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/

The Aragon's a small, GA place that looks like a Spanish ballroom. It's pretty cool, but the stage is crazy high (IIRC).

Yes, the Auditorium is a proper theatre. I think the Joffrey ballet performs there. I think there was a pit that time, but I wasn't paying that much attention. I was up in a balcony box and had a great view.

The Aragon is actually gorgeous and historic. It was a big band venue from the late twenties. The stage was very high so all the dancers could see the band and singers. I guess they didn't stage invade back then... ;)

This makes it a less-than ideal venue for bands now, because you're going to end up with a sore neck staring straight up at Moz, and there is no slant to the floor, so you better get up front.

The Vic is a converted old style movie house, a little shabby but with incredibly good sound and lots of good sightlines. Metro is a newer venue, with more of a cabaret layout, but still good sightlines and decent sound.

Oh well.

I didn't mind the House of Blues when I saw ABC perform there a few years ago. One good thing about the Aragon is that it was very easy to get to.But that moat in front of the high stage was kind of ridiculous.

Tags
boo hoo strider the king of gondor
Back
Top Bottom