Apart from Moz, what other music do you like?

What other muisc do you like apart from Morrissey? Well I can understand if you just like Morrissey. Over the past 3 months i havent listened to much else, than Morrissey.
Other music i like is Jason Mraz, The Fray, Il Divo, Take That, James Blunt.
It would be nice to hear what other people like :)

This belongs in Other Music and I think it will be moved soon, but I can say that my discovery of Morrissey has really limited my musical intake to be honest. :p I have little desire to just go out and buy any CD by any band that I like one song of, I only have a handful of bands I listen to regularly now. So, Morrissey has made such a major impact on my taste in music he is effecting my listening patterns of other bands too! :p

I like a lot of 70's/80's proto punk and glam. Weirdly, I first discovered Moz from those bands.

When I was in grade school, I began a strange obsession with bands like Sparks, the Stooges and the New York Dolls. An older friend gave me a copy of a copy of a copy of Morrissey's Dolls book and I decided that I had to check this man's music out. I was a bit surprised that he sounded nothing like them!

Oh, and I also really like Prince. :p

I can't comment on genre preference. I'm open to any type of musical sound - jazz, punk, classical or just good old fashioned pop, providing there is some uniqueness there from said artist which marks it out. I find myself admiring artists who experiment with these styles, while not fully embracing them as their given formula. So, a fan of David Bowie then.

Oh boy, this is gonna be long. There is loads that I like. But none of "todays" music, cuz we all know it's nonsense, except for those few bands that seem to catch your ear, well mine anyways, b/c of their unique sound. Ok-fav era is 70's and 80's. Little bit of 90's I guess too. Morrissey and The Smiths - obviously are #1!!! Then after that...not in any particular order - ......Depeche Mode, Interpol, Oasis, The Bravery, Moving Units, The Strokes, Oingo Boingo, A Flock Of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Ludus, The Ramones, New York Dolls, Frank Sinatra, Garbage, David Bowie, The Cure, Boy George and Culture Club, The Verve, No Doubt, Tears For Fears, Velvet Underground, The Pretenders, The Kinks, Pet Shop Boys.

Last edited:
Pulp, the Cure, Roxy Music, The Velvet Underground, Pulp, The Smiths, Radiohead, The Clash, David Bowie, Pulp, The Stooges, T. Rex/Marc Bolan, and Pulp.

And you can all share it (links;) ) by chosing your song of the day. Every day:D

The Bear Quartet, David Bowie (during the 70's), Leondard Cohen, Bruce Springsteen, Patti Smith, Bright Eyes some days, Mattias alkberg BD. And some hardcore etc:)

robbyrock2.jpg

these 5 ladies
&
Apoptygma Berzerk, Bauhaus, The Cure, Depeche Mode & VNV Nation

I am just going to copy and paste the list from my IMDB profile:

Favourite bands/artists:
The Smiths / Morrissey
Joy Division
Depeche Mode
Siouxsie & The Banshees
Ludus
Magazine
P.J.Harvey
Portishead
Massive Attack
Goldfrapp (at the time of the first album)
Suede
Nirvana
The Stooges
Buzzcocks
The Cure
The Chameleons
Sonic Youth
Thin White Rope
Tindersticks
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Nico
Husker Du
Pulp
Interpol
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Hole
Air
Laika
UNKLE
Grace Jones
New Order
Walkabouts
Patti Smith
Velvet Underground
Public Image Ltd.
Pink Industry/Pink Military
Echo & The Bunnymen
The Au Pairs
Everything But The Girl
Saint Etienne
Grant Lee Buffalo
JAZZ:
Billie Holiday
Sarah Vaughan
Diana Krall

^^^I have atleast one album by every single band or artist on that list.

EDIT: And I don't listen to all of them either.

Back
Top Bottom