Anyone seen Bruno yet?

Lonsdale71

Bruno:

I thought it was hilarious in parts.

Sacha Baron Cohen obviously wants to take the piss out of everyone; black, white, gay, straight, American, European. He does it well.

I think it was entertaining - but I think Bruno as a character could have been even more camp!

D&G? Dolce Gabbana Hello??

I haven't, but I want to. :)

i know sascha baron cohen wants to make a point about what's wrong with society, but the characters are getting annoying. pass.

he should've stuck with his ali g character.

i bet they were when he was sucking his dead mate off, when he was showing them people his video and the cock dances round and says 'BRUNO' lol, and hmmmmm when he abused the terrorists

he's received a death threat from some terrorists over it, aswell lol

i bet they were when he was sucking his dead mate off, when he was showing them people his video and the cock dances round and says 'BRUNO' lol, and hmmmmm when he abused the terrorists

he's received a death threat from some terrorists over it, aswell lol

you are correct. :p and at his attempt to become straight by going to a swingers party.

Bruno was great! Completely sick! Loved it! :D

I think both Borat and Bruno are amazing. Couldn't say which one was better, they're different but both hilarious. And I think it's great how the films reveal what kind of world and society we live in. It's cool to face something sad and upsetting in a humourous context. Always thought so. I just love the extremity in everything Sacha Baron Cohen does.

Terrorist threat to Sacha Baron Cohen over Brüno ridicule

"Sacha Baron Cohen has stepped up his security after being threatened by a terrorist organisation that is angered at its portrayal in the film Brüno.
The al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, a coalition of Palestinian militias in the West Bank, said it was “very upset” that it featured in the film starring Baron Cohen’s homosexual fashionista alter ego.
Baron Cohen’s Austrian character ridicules the terrorist group when he attempts to get himself kidnapped during a meeting with Ayman Abu Aita, who is identified in the film as the leader of the Martyrs’ Brigades.
The London-born actor is reportedly taking the threat seriously and has improved security arrangements for himself and his family in preparation for violent reprisals.

The Martyrs’ Brigades issued a statement to a Jerusalem-based journalist including a veiled threat against Baron Cohen, 37. “We reserve the right to respond in the way we find suitable against this man,” it said. “The movie was part of a conspiracy against the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades.”
The group condemned the use of the interview with Mr Abu Aita. “According to what we checked there was was no meeting about the real context of the film,” the statement said. “This was a dirty use of our brother, Ayman, and we don’t accept that the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades is part of the film.”
The group is alleged to be responsible for dozens of suicide bombings and shootings. It has been designated as a terrorist organisation by the European Union and United States. Baron Cohen’s Austrian character is shown telling Mr Abu Aita: “I want to be famous. I want the best guys in the business to kidnap me. Al-Qaeda is so 2001.”
Before Mr Abu Aita can respond, Brüno suggests that he remove his moustache, explaining: “Because your king Osama looks like a kind of dirty wizard or homeless Santa.”
Mr Abu Aita claims that he was tricked into appearing in the film and has insisted that he is no longer involved in the Martyrs’ Brigades. He has threatened to sue Baron Cohen. “This man, I think he is not a man,” Mr Abu Aita said. “He is not saying the truth about me.”
Mr Abu Aita’s lawyer, Hatem Abu Ahmad, has said that he is preparing a legal action against Baron Cohen and Universal Studios, alleging that the terrorist reference could get his client in trouble with the Israelis and that the homosexual association could get him killed by the Palestinians.
Mr Abu Ahmad said: “This joke is very dangerous. We are not in the United States, we are not in Europe, we are in the Middle East and the world operates differently here.”
Baron Cohen, who is Jewish, also angered Orthodox Jews in Israel. During the filming of Brüno he nearly provoked a riot in an ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood in Jerusalem when he strutted down the street in a sexed-up Hasidic outfit that included skintight shorts.
Baron Cohen is reported to have received death threats in America and Kazakhstan after his previous film, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
A spokesman for Baron Cohen refused to comment.
Aaron Klein, a WorldNet reporter who received the statement from the Martyrs’ Brigades, said: “These are terrorists who are fundamentalist Islamists. They are offended by Hollywood in general. They are against feminism, gay rights and abortion.
“Once I asked them what would they do if they found out one of their members was a homosexual. They said they would cut off his head. That’s what they think of that issue.”
Brünoisms
“Look at the evil people in the world — Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin — what do they all have in common? Moustaches”
“Is it a coincidence that all the good people have long hair, like Jesus, and like hippies and, you know, Rod Stewart”
“Vassup! Being gay is the new coolest thing, so that’s why I’ve come to the gayest part of America — Alabama”
“How cool is Jesus? Is He cooler than the Backstreet Boys?”
“The rise of club music, the fall of apartheid — coincidence or not?""

from: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article6729022.ece

I'm currently streaming it as I type. It has it's moments. Best scene: at the fortune tellers. :D

I keep meaning to see it, but my friends who wanted to see it already did, without me*. Well, except for one, I guess I'll give it a try with him if I have to.
rolleyes.gif

*=thats gr8 for you that you have more than a handful of friends that you go to see movies with, but I dont, and that Bruno flick just seems like the kind to see and laugh at with people you know, you know
06.gif

In Bruno, I find that the aim in the film is not fully realized. Borat is vulgar but has a point. This film has no bloody point. I have come to this conclusion yet I have not seen the film. My better Judgement pleads no.

I thought the humor was more blunt. Then, there's the fact that the novelty of that style of humor had worn off a bit. But still entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom