Anyone like Duran Duran?

If you are a fan of Duran Duran then check out this new DVD that is going to be released, it’s kind of a behind the scenes look at their album Rio, with never before seen footage and tracks. Growing up my parents would always listen to Rio so naturally I have a soft spot for these guys, but check out the clip and you be the judge.

Heres the link to the video:
http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerock/videos/DuranDuran_NewReligion.mpg

Mel
E.R.E

Thanks for posting that..:)

Slightly cruel but made me laugh

The frustrating thing about them is they've written some half-decent songs like Ordninary World and they're pretty good musically when they want to be. The problem is they'll forever be put in the same bracket as Spandau Ballet and the Thompson Twins.

The Reflex is one of the most annoying records I've ever heard!!

i seem to have to burn a new Duran Duran comp of my own at least once a year
dd.jpg

songs from Rio have always been ones i tend to play more because i played that album a lot for many years
and while i still love to hear or watch 'Wild Boys'
it does connect as it did before when i was young
instead, i find myself easily moved to tears by 'Come Undone' :o
which i think is weird! its one thing for old songs to loose their shine
but to see another gain emotional value because it meant something to someone else is just well, the kind of thing to make me not play them at all :cool:

I've always prefered tracks like "Friends Of Mine", "Hold Back The Rain", and just about anything from Big Thing over any of their hit singles.

So What If The Words Ain't Rhyming,
Did You Think That It's Just A Game?
Well, I Probably Didn't Even Say That Right
And I Really Don't Give A Damn

I've always prefered tracks like "Friends Of Mine", "Hold Back The Rain", and just about anything from Big Thing over any of their hit singles.

So What If The Words Ain't Rhyming,
Did You Think That It's Just A Game?
Well, I Probably Didn't Even Say That Right
And I Really Don't Give A Damn

:guitar: I love those lyrics!!

I like it all. Except for Wild Boys.

:guitar: I love those lyrics!!

I like it all. Except for Wild Boys.

Wild Boys doesn't annoy me as much as The Reflex. I've never understood what the hell that's supposed to be about. Probably Sex.

I forgot to mention that The Seventh Stranger is another of my favorites.

Ironically Hold Back The Rain was written about John Taylor's cocaine addiction. Which apparently he didn't seek help for almost 15 years.

Wild Boys doesn't annoy me as much as The Reflex. I've never understood what the hell that's supposed to be about. Probably Sex.

I forgot to mention that The Seventh Stranger is another of my favorites.

Ironically Hold Back The Rain was written about John Taylor's cocaine addiction. Which apparently he didn't seek help for almost 15 years.

I was going to say The Reflexflefleflefleflex too. If you don't like, you probably don't like I Take The Dice either? Has that same annoying twangyness...tho I still like it.

OMG, I HEART the 7th Stranger.

I did not know Hold back the rain was about JT's coke habit. ...So call it what you want to call it still BLOWS down the lane...hmmm. possibly. lol JT plays some wicked bass on HBTR.

I was going to say The Reflexflefleflefleflex too. If you don't like, you probably don't like I Take The Dice either? Has that same annoying twangyness...tho I still like it.

OMG, I HEART the 7th Stranger.

I did not know Hold back the rain was about JT's coke habit. ...So call it what you want to call it still BLOWS down the lane...hmmm. possibly. lol JT plays some wicked bass on HBTR.

I doubt he even knew Simon wrote those lyrics about it. I read it on Wikipedia. I don't hate The Reflex, but I'd say it's their most over-rated song. I Take The Dice and Shadows On On Your Side are decent songs, but don't hold up to the rest of Rio and the first album (In My Opinion). With All the early songs coming back in the last few years, It's a crime The Seventh Stranger hasn't been played.

Careless Memories, New Moon On Monday, and Do You Believe In Shame are probably my favorite singles.

Aside from one of the greatest singles (and most Un-Duran Duran sounding song) ever...

Destroyed by MTV
I Hate To Bite The Hand That Feeds
It's Too Much Information
The Pressure's On The Screen
To Sell You Things That You Don't Need
It's Too Much Information

I am a llifelong Duranie.I had a mispent youth dreaming i would be Mrs Le Bon.:o

People have always found it strange that I should love The Smiths and Morrissey and Duran Duran at the same time...one being "light" and the other slightly anti establishment.But who cares.

To this day the highlight of my life was not giving birth but being crowd surfed on by Si.:guitar:

Tags
nick rhodes nostalgia
Back
Top Bottom