Anyone know this ebay seller?

Thanks for the info Crisp i would go so far as to say its fake if its supposed to be from 83 but not unlike recent sigs and what about the negative sleeve? is it going to make an appearance or just a bit of bait to get noticed? Also who are the 98.8% who know hes telling the truth anyone here? im beginning to smell something fishy and im sure its not Skinnys undies.

Alan

Last edited:
I'm not a signature person, so I can't comment on that.

But I did buy a few things from BrianBFC and was always happy with them. He does know how to work ebay though to get maximum interest in his stuff - and max profit. nothing wrong with that, all part of the game.

I had to laught though - I bought a mispressed 12" Girlfriend from him for a ridiculously cheap price and the week after he announced that he'd had enough of selling Smiths and Morrissey on ebay as no one was willing to pay the proper value anymore...

Well, he does get good feedback, so most people who buy from him seem to be happy. I just don't like the way he plugs his items...at one point i stopped reading all the drivel, why does he carry on about his bloody ouija board signed by Moz?

I also doubt that he's a genuine Smiths collector, maybe he once was, but after following some of his deals - i.e. buying & re-selling items - I consider him to be a mere trader who wants to make maximum profit (ok I'm quite aware that this is what ebay is about..free market blabla)

I'd just hate to be ripped off by a fellow Smiths fan/collector who lists their stuff as "THE RAREST SMITHS ITEM EVER", when it isn't even remotely "rare". I did my homework.

As for Morrissey autographs, I'm certainly not in a position to have an opinion on the authenticity of this particular one. However, it's certainly not worth 150 quid...:rolleyes:. I do collect memorabilia, even "strange" memorabilia, but I always got these items from 100 % reliable sources (hello Damian & Patricia, are you still here?).

Mick or Beau or Stephane, do you know Brian?

Even signed it's not worth that much. I don't know whether it's real or not, but the signature looks like a more recent one (if you remember his earlier sigs were unintelligible), so I'd keep that in mind.

Ive got a few signed early Smiths singles and Lps from around 83/84 ill post some pics up later,you can make your own minds up.
Alan

Well, he does get good feedback, so most people who buy from him seem to be happy. I just don't like the way he plugs his items...at one point i stopped reading all the drivel, why does he carry on about his bloody ouija board signed by Moz?

I also doubt that he's a genuine Smiths collector, maybe he once was, but after following some of his deals - i.e. buying & re-selling items - I consider him to be a mere trader who wants to make maximum profit (ok I'm quite aware that this is what ebay is about..free market blabla)

I'd just hate to be ripped off by a fellow Smiths fan/collector who lists their stuff as "THE RAREST SMITHS ITEM EVER", when it isn't even remotely "rare". I did my homework.

As for Morrissey autographs, I'm certainly not in a position to have an opinion on the authenticity of this particular one. However, it's certainly not worth 150 quid...:rolleyes:. I do collect memorabilia, even "strange" memorabilia, but I always got these items from 100 % reliable sources (hello Damian & Patricia, are you still here?).

Mick or Beau or Stephane, do you know Brian?

Hi Walkers.. Yes, I know Brian. The Hand In Glove is definately genuine. I know that many people think his eBay listing descriptions are over the top, and maybe even irritating... but he's a diamond bloke at heart. In all the time I have dealt with Brian (buying and selling).. I have never had a problem with him, or have ever heard anyone complain to me about any of his items.

There you go Alan

Allie - As everyone knows, Morrissey has a signature that is incredibly easy to duplicate. He seems to sign his name in a different fashion from time to time.. sometimes with 'rolling' 'R's and almost straight S's (like the picture).. other times the letters are more deliberate, as in your pictures.

IMAG0303.jpg

Get a marker pen, and have a go at it 'freehand' in your left hand - it's not that difficult!!

I agree with you totally however Morrisseys sigs tend to change and develop over periods of time. His sig from 83 throughout the Smiths career was like the ones i put up and definetly not like the signed HIG which purports to be from 83,i have never seen one from this time which is like this its always the customary childish scrawl so i cant help thinking its fake and i collect Smiths autographs. I certainly wouldnt even pay a fiver for it.

Alan

Last edited:
Heres another, im just showing off my collection.

Alan
Im sure it was mentioned in another thread that it would be good to have a database for Morrissey sigs throughout his career in order to compare suspected ebay fakes against. I have noticed some shocking ones coming from Germany of late (fully signed Smiths Lps,i think the last one was QID,nothing to do with you i hope Crisp?)

Alan

Heres another, im just showing off my collection.

Alan
Im sure it was mentioned in another thread that it would be good to have a database for Morrissey sigs throughout his career in order to compare suspected ebay fakes against. I have noticed some shocking ones coming from Germany of late (fully signed Smiths Lps,i think the last one was QID,nothing to do with you i hope Crisp?)

Alan

not trying to piss on your fireworks but in setting up a database wouldnt that make it easier for fakers to get accurate info to make fakes

i like that if you collect these your savy enough to know good from bad

I'm sure I'm repeating myself here (cue queue Kewpie) but I mindback in the early 80's in a pub a mate with a stack of The Jam 7" records, so I sat down with him being a lover of The Jam I asked him what he was doing with them? He said he was about to flog them all, so I asked him what was he doing with that magic marker? He was signing the all with Paul Weller!

Never buy signed records! You have been warned. Buy the record & if you want it spoiled, sorry signed, go get the artist to sign it for you!

love

Grim

I totaly agree with you but what if you wanted a signed Smiths Lp now? would you just give up with the thought that you couldnt have one because you werent born at the time?
Of course its possibe but i think that anyone wanting such items should seek advice from people around here,fans who will offer help.As ive said in other threads i think its terrible that some poor soul spends a lot of their hard earned on something they believe to be genuine and have it pride of place above the mantle piece and its something that someone whipped up with their left foot.
Ive been collecting Smiths signed stuff for about 10 years and i dont sell signed items so im not promoting myself here. I have alot of signed Smiths Lps and singles which ive picked up over the years and to me its relatively easy to spot a fake(maybe all of mine are fake because i wasnt there when they were signed).Of course there has always been fakes which have fooled the art establishment whether it be The Beatles or Van Gogh but i feel Smiths sigs are so innocent its kind of impossible to forge them.

Alan

Last edited:
...... I have noticed some shocking ones coming from Germany of late (fully signed Smiths Lps,i think the last one was QID,nothing to do with you i hope Crisp?)

Alan

Nothing to do with me :cool:! So far I have never sold anything from my collection (but I have some spares and doubles and don't really know what to do with them...)

Hi Grimster, I know the FOH sound engineer of a Scottish artist who signs stuff for his "employer" because he can produce perfect fakes...:sick:

The only dodgy ebay seller *I* know of is this guy called George Bray, and he lives in Doncaster. I sent him some books he wanted and I requested a few titles I couldn't obtain here, and he completely screwed me over. ( I had a chat with his missus and I think that sorted him out. But the bastard found me on Facebook and I blocked his ass.) Watch out for him.

Brianbcfc has always come across as a bit of a tool but i've bought a couple of items off him and they were excellent quality.

The only dodgy ebay seller *I* know of is this guy called George Bray, and he lives in Doncaster. I sent him some books he wanted and I requested a few titles I couldn't obtain here, and he completely screwed me over. ( I had a chat with his missus and I think that sorted him out. But the bastard found me on Facebook and I blocked his ass.) Watch out for him.

As for this George Bray it's not this guy who used to post on here is it ?-
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=24608

I don't give a fackity fack fack what anyone else says...IMO(and that might not mean shit to you, thats cool), that "signature" looks FAKEY FAKE!!!!

How many times do we need to go over this:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING "SIGNED" BY Morrissey/The Smiths, etc. Why? 95% of the time, it's fake. I doubt that so many people just happened to have stuff w/them when they had a chance encounter with his PIMPship? I dont recall seeing anyone carrying around records/cd sleeves for hours in hopes of meeting his PIMPship to get signed @ the 15 or so shows I've been to? I've been fortunate to meet him about 5-6 times, and have several pieces signed by HIM to ME. PLUS, pics to back up EVER SINGLE auto/sig w/me standing next to him, and him holding signed items, so I know they're real.

You'd have to be foolish to part with something so tough to get in the first place? My guess is: (and this is just an outside observation)This cat's got some friends who are standing up for him, despite the fact he looks like he sells fake shit? I have several different items signed by his PIMPship, and NONE look even remotely close to those. Stay clear of it bra, it's not worth the paper it's on.

Save your $$$$ man, wait till you might get the chance to meet his PIMPship one day, then be there and get that elusive sig yourself. I'd hate to see you or anyone else get duped by some f***wit. Or, if you feel you won't have that opportunity, buy something signed for a trusted, REPUTABLE seller here. There are some here, ask around, I'm sure folks would be happy to help you.

Listen to me, I'm a PIMP...I know these things, you dig? Keep us up to date on if you decide to buy something signed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom