Anyone here been to Cyprus?

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
Odd question, I know, but I'm doing a brief presentation on Cyprus for my American Government class. Would anyone know of a top-notch travel destination there?

Odd question, I know, but I'm doing a brief presentation on Cyprus for my American Government class. Would anyone know of a top-notch travel destination there?

My friend Harry is from Paphos, says it's the most beautiful place in the world. He also once called toilet paper a "luxury," a statement which calls his judgment into question. But if you google it, you'll see that it is pretty. Good luck on your thingy!

^^You're right, it is quite nice. Thanks! :)

I 've been to Cyprus twice. You should visit by all means Agia Napa (beautiful beaches and luxury hotels for really wealthy people) and Limassol (LAIKI GEITONIA).
Before you go try to learn about the recent history of the island. The cypriots have suffered a lot ... First being a British collony, then having Turkey invaded and occupied nearly half of the island. Thousands of people are missing , others are dead, and imagine how many have left their homes when the Turks got them.
You should visit the GREEN LINE (the point that divides the island in two). The tombs (FYLAKISMENA MNIMATA) of the Cypriots who fought against the British for their independency. The ancient theatre of Paphos.
Food: Try SEFTALIA (spicy kind of meat), drink COMMANDARIA (sweet red wine), and of course try HALOUMI (their traditional kind of cheese).

Need MORE??

I 've been to Cyprus twice. You should visit by all means Agia Napa (beautiful beaches and luxury hotels for really wealthy people) and Limassol (LAIKI GEITONIA).
Before you go try to learn about the recent history of the island. The cypriots have suffered a lot ... First being a British collony, then having Turkey invaded and occupied nearly half of the island. Thousands of people are missing , others are dead, and imagine how many have left their homes when the Turks got them.
You should visit the GREEN LINE (the point that divides the island in two). The tombs (FYLAKISMENA MNIMATA) of the Cypriots who fought against the British for their independency. The ancient theatre of Paphos.
Food: Try SEFTALIA (spicy kind of meat), drink COMMANDARIA (sweet red wine), and of course try HALOUMI (their traditional kind of cheese).

Need MORE??

Oooh, that does sound very nice! Sadly, tho, I'm not actually going, just writing a report and I thought Cyprus would be interesting. I need a travel destination for the report.

But thanks for going to such lengths to help me! :o

I'm going to Cyprus at the end of this month:D !

Edit:
Haloumi is really nice;)

I have been to Cypress Hill.

cypress.jpg

^^You sir are insane in da membrane :D

Back
Top Bottom