Anyone have Bill Cosby's "Morrissey-themed" performance, Carson 1991?

Mozevon

I've heard the story many times about how the audience consisting of Moz fans pretty much snubbed him until he just started relating several things to Morrissey in order to get a decent crowd reaction. I've been dying to see it for a long time... but I would in no way be surprised if nobody has in lying around. XD

Thanks!

I've heard the story many times about how the audience consisting of Moz fans pretty much snubbed him until he just started relating several things to Morrissey in order to get a decent crowd reaction. I've been dying to see it for a long time... but I would in no way be surprised if nobody has in lying around. XD

Thanks!

im sorry i only saw his performance from that show but i saw the transcript of cosby `s stand up typed up in one of the fanzines-
funny... blabla bla....morrissey *audience screams.....blababla ...morrissey *audience screams even louder* morrissey wont come out tonight*aiudience boos*;)

i like carsons surprised or better confused facial expression after the" performance" (sorry moz) took place- poor old man-so shocked about the reaction..hehe

Last edited:
There is at least a snippet (audio) of it on the Angelic Upstart bootleg if my memory serves me right.

I have seen the show and I actually have it on vhs somewhere.

I dont think that I recorded the whole show.I think I just recorded the Morrissey part.

I havent watched it for a very long time.

I have a VHS copy from the Warner Bros library. It is the whole show with no commercials. If anyone wants a DVD copy just ask:)

I have this entire show on VHS as well, and in fact watched it last year. One thing for sure is it really brought out the "get off of my lawn!" old man in Carson that I had never seen before.

I remember him joking "Morrissey couldn't be here tonight, so in his place please welcome Jerry Vale". It didn't go over too well.

Awwwww there's no way I can download that...

IF ANYONE CAN PUT IT IN YOUTUBE, THAT WOULD BE GREAT (yes, I'm screaming)

It'll be up later tonight, slightly slpit.

If anyone would like the two songs as mp3s please let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom