anyone have a clue?

A

Anonymous

anybody have any clue as to what songs morrissey wants to record in febuary? id say if he plays any of the 2013 songs like action.. during the u.k shows id guess theres a good chance they may be among those recorded. anyone else think this? i myself hope a couple get a little more work and will be on the tentative "new album". i also hope the flamenco and horns dont go away completely as i loved that bit from world piece. of course i hope gus stays around as well

I'm hoping that one appears from the Ringleader era (or was it Years of Refusal?) called I'm Looking Forward To Going Back simply because I like the clever song title.

Whatever happens re the new album I want the guitars mixed all the way up! That's my only criticism of WPINOYB that the guitar strings have been muted into non existence, apart from Istanbul of course. It's a stunningly beautiful album nonetheless.

As far as songs from the grave I don't want them on new albums. I'd rather hear them on reissued releases as in a remastered RLOTT that doesn't sound like it was recorded inside an old man's pants.

Last edited:
Might not be a full album. Maybe they are just going to record a few extra tracks/B-sides for the 'f*** Harvest' re-release of World Peace? No one is going to buy it again unless they put *something* new/different on there. Personally I'm hoping they re-record 'Art-Hounds', and make it a bit more kick ass like the original live version.

I really can't wait to hear new songs- I love WPINOYB.

If he's planning on recording next month, he must have a deal in the works.

When will we hear some sort of announcement?

Might not be a full album. Maybe they are just going to record a few extra tracks/B-sides for the 'f*** Harvest' re-release of World Peace? No one is going to buy it again unless they put *something* new/different on there. Personally I'm hoping they re-record 'Art-Hounds', and make it a bit more kick ass like the original live version.

Art-hounds, lowercase "h" as Moz mentioned after they finished playing it live. ;-)

In 1959 Neville Marriner formed the esteemed Academy-of-St.-Martin-in-the-Fields, a measley eleven piece orchestra that recorded and introduced the WORLD to the beauty of chamber music. Neville was granted a Sir and traded his first chair violin for a podium and baton in 1970, changing the mood and face of classical music through dedication and perseverance.

NEVER ONCE did he throw his label, his SUPPORT under the bus because of a SQUABBLE.

Morrissey needs to identify WHO is pressuring him to be a DICK and put them on ignore. He's trying to IMPRESS someone U N I M P R E S S A B LE and he needs to realize that and move the f*** on. Until then he will play the VICtim and never the VICtor and whatever output he generates will squander into drama ruin.

So my thoughts on the sencond half are that Morrissey needs to get his shit together. We're all backing him and those he tries to impress NEVER ARE as much as he wants to believe they are.

Walk the dog and clean my wands, I'll catch you in 20 on the flip side sans Mussorgsky.

I'd like another song named after a city or country again. We have I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Scandinavia, Istanbul.

Just a matter of time before he writes a song called Australia, what with that didgeridoo at the beginning of the title WPINOYB track, marred, amirite?

Whatever happens re the new album I want the guitars mixed all the way up! That's my only criticism of WPINOYB that the guitar strings have been muted into non existence, apart from Istanbul of course. It's a stunningly beautiful album nonetheless.

As far as songs from the grave I don't want them on new albums. I'd rather hear them on reissued releases as in a remastered RLOTT that doesn't sound like it was recorded inside an old man's pants.

hell we agree on something, sweet. i agree about the guitar on some songs but like you said istanbul earth is are pretty good for guitars but yeah i was a little bummed when bullfighter came out with the guitars way down in the mix and yeah id like newer songs as well but im just wondering if any will go the way of all you need is me and make reappearance (i wasnt happy to buy refusal and see three songs id already heard). l also agree about the recording of ringleader. as for it being a new album who knows but with twelve songs to be record allegedly it doesnt sound like its gonna be but perhaps a preliminary recording session for an album. to see what sounds good on tape and ditch what doesnt etc. still has me excited though. dont know about a new deal but thats stuff can be hard to keep a lid on these days. feel like if that was true wed have heard something like a rumor somewhere already but again i dont know. the prospect of him recording new songs has me happy no matter what the direction it takes and i hope we get preview during one of the new u.k shows.

I do have it on authority that only large tunics were worn. There were no pants, ever...just largely oversized short armed huge necked extra long tailed tunics. For who likes to be encumbered like an old pickle? xx

I reckon he's got a whole new batch of fantastic new songs ready to record.

I remember everyone speculating here before World Peace was released, many moaning that songs like 'People Are The Same Everywhere' meant it was going to be a lame album.

Then he came out of the blue with a whole album of brand new songs.

I think the same thing will happen. Morrissey has hit a patch of frenzied mid-life creativity, and is knocking out classic songs like there's no tomorrow!

I reckon he's got a whole new batch of fantastic new songs ready to record.

I remember everyone speculating here before World Peace was released, many moaning that songs like 'People Are The Same Everywhere' meant it was going to be a lame album.

Then he came out of the blue with a whole album of brand new songs.

I think the same thing will happen. Morrissey has hit a patch of frenzied mid-life creativity, and is knocking out classic songs like there's no tomorrow!

agree velvis and i hope its so. as much as i was fond of ,when i heard it live, action etc i still wanted new songs for world peace and was happy to get them. super happy with the surprise musical direction. wonder if hell be able to follow through with the recording date and i really hope we get to hear something new at these u.k dates. if your going yourself have fun and report back your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom