Anyone going to the Morrissey Show in........

vegan-soldier

~~~~~~~~~
Austin, Tx this Saturday May 26? I am going and am super excited as the last time I saw him was in 1994 in San Antonio, TX on the Your Arsenal tour. It was so great and I was speechless and shocked to be in the same building as moz that after the show, I could not really remember the set list played. I enjoyed the show so much. I was such a young Morrissey "freak" at the time that I have never felt that level of enjoyment since I was at that show. I guess, since I was so young, and with the adrenaline and endorphins going I was literally high on my experience and it was the first time I experienced that "High", so of course, I have never forgotten it.

It was at some auditorium and there were folding chairs which once he came out (no pun intended), everyone stood on. I was desperately trying not to lose my shirts and programs. During the show the crowd was extremely well behaved now that I look back....and Morissey actually said, "It is ok to get out of your seats" or something like that with that little funny wit he can have in his voice while being sarcastic and funny. Next thing I knew, as if we were all under a spell, lock-step, charge-----to the front. Bodies smashing everywhere...I treasured my shirts and programs so much that I was focused on not screwing them up or getting them all sweaty so they wither. He was only 10 or so feet in front of me. No one during the show, except this guy I knew, tried to get on the stage. It was a very calm show, even after we were summoned by the Moz, and this guy decided to go for it. He hopped quickly over the barricade, lightning fast, slipped between two bouncers who were focusing on keeping people back and jumped and clung on to the stage. Right as he was pulling the very last of himself up, the bouncers yanked him, HARD, and it looked like they reached up to grab a toy. They made it look so easy. They then went on to punch him and push him around with Moz saying, "leave him alone"... and Moz got pissed and dropped his mike and walked off stage. We were all so pissed off that the show ended how it did. Funny thing is I don't blame the guy who went for it. I am glad he did as it would be disrespectful to Moz if no one tried to get to him. I blame the bouncers and their thuggish reactions as that is what made Moz mad and take off. We stood there chanting his name--Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey --- all while the bouncers were amused by our reaction of trying to scream so loud so he would come back. They snickered and looked at us like we were from another planet and kept telling us to leave.

When we did finally leave, we left dissapointed but fulfilled more than anything because we got to see Morrissey. Everyone I saw after the show looked like they just had a full body orgasm and all that was left for them was to have a cig and talk about the show. People arguing about the playlist, in a friendly way. Some got a piece of his shirt...I was pissed that I didn't. Even when the band threw stuff out it was like they threw everything over me or at the opposite ends. Most people were picking up the scattered remains of flowers everywhere to leave with some kind of momento to hold onto besides the merchandise.

Moz did this thing where all the lights went out except for the one that was behind him and he spread his arms and tilted his head like he was crucified and it was so amazingly artful for being such a simple act.....I believe it was during November spawned a Monster.....people went nuts.

So I am totally excited to see him again. If all goes well, I may go to houson at the last moment....but for now.....Is anyone from here going to be in Austin?

Is it better to get there super early and sit for hours as it is all GA or just manouver your way to the front? I plan on doing some Moz record shopping while I am up in Austin.

Anyway......Let me know....I would love to meet some Moz fans from the boards. I don't know many people who appreciate The Smiths and Morrissey as much as I do anymore...It was as if it was a stage for some and they moved on. I haven't....although I sold my record collection about one year ago when I needed money to pay my mortgage and now I just want to shoot myself for it ;) so I am starting all over again. But it is a lot of fun hunting for records....:)

I am going to the Austin show. Maybe we could meet there. I'm meeting others from here also. I will also be going to the Dallas show since Moz is playing 3 blocks from my house. Anyway, let me know. Send me a message.

hi osiris can you please recccomend a goood vegetarian rest in dallas . i need to eat in the next 60 minutes or im gonna suffer kidney failure.
thanks.

Fliyng in on Saturday from New York to see both Austin and Houston. Houston will be my 4th sow this tour and 14th overall - spanning 5 tours, including The Smiths. Been a fan for 23 years.

I am going to the Austin show. Maybe we could meet there. I'm meeting others from here also. I will also be going to the Dallas show since Moz is playing 3 blocks from my house. Anyway, let me know. Send me a message.

What time are you showing up in Austin? I may decide to go to the houston show as well..Screw it..You only live once.......

Is anyone at all concerned about the weather for Sat.? It's been pouring here in Austin and it looks like it's going to get worse come Saturday. So lame.

Is anyone at all concerned about the weather for Sat.? It's been pouring here in Austin and it looks like it's going to get worse come Saturday. So lame.

I KNOW...totally sucks..and yeah it probably will rain but screw it...it's just water and we'll survive. How ironic? See Moz as it is raining. I think he said the Smiths happened because he walked home in the rain one too many times....

Yeah I think we are going to get wet....W--E--T-----

I'll be at both Austin and Houston.. yes the weather is suppose to be sucky!!!!
My sister (who is not a moz fan) is flying in from outta state to make the drive to Austin with me... what a great sister!!!

keep us up to date on the weather. I hope it clears up a little by Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom