anyone going to coachella?

has anyone been to Coachella before who can tell me about the lay out, parking, bathrooms, etc?? Can I just attend in the evening and still get in for Morrissey? Help please!

I went back in 99 and went for just that one day...and only a few hours...just to see moz and beck....so yeah, you don't need to spend the whole day there...show up whenever you want....

I wish I was going but sadly it's too far away, Morrissey and Paul McCartney my two favourite musicians playing at the SAME festival and I can't go. Proper gutted I am.

i MIGHT go...i just dont know if i wanna pay $100 to see morrissey at a festival after already seeing him a bunch. and again later in CA.

Last edited:
there are two stages for the main acts, two tents where smaller bands play and a dj tent..there are porto-potties all over the place..hug parking lots and a camp ground you have to pay for to stay at if you choose to do so..you can enter whenever you feel like it..expect long lines in the afternoon to enter so go early.

I had a great time though weaing shorts the first day the first time I went left me with a wicked sunburn!

Moz in 1999

has anyone been to Coachella before who can tell me about the lay out, parking, bathrooms, etc?? Can I just attend in the evening and still get in for Morrissey? Help please!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going!

I went in '99....I can't believe it's been 10 years! Wow.

It was extremely hot. It was crowded. I was dying of thirst because of the $4 bottled waters. But it when Morrissey finally came on in the evening and I made my way to the front gates, it became one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I'm planning on attending. I was also at the first Coachella and the only reason I went was for Morrissey. I ended up enjoying the festival so much, I've gone every year since then. There have been some truly memorable performances throughout.

It is definiltely hot. I don't think there's been a single time it has been below 90 degrees with one year peaking at around 115. Well, except for the 1st one because it was held in October. You will need to drink plenty of water if you're there all day. That is why I rarely drink any beer at the show while there unless I'm just gonna chill. Water is NOT $4 but $2.

The worst part is probably driving in and out. It can be a nightmare but if you've ever been to places like the Glen Helen Pavilion, then you kinda know what to expect. It can take up to 2 hours to get out if you're unlucky, not to mention the drive back if you aren't staying over.

I'm planning on attending. I was also at the first Coachella and the only reason I went was for Morrissey. I ended up enjoying the festival so much, I've gone every year since then. There have been some truly memorable performances throughout.

It is definiltely hot. I don't think there's been a single time it has been below 90 degrees with one year peaking at around 115. Well, except for the 1st one because it was held in October. You will need to drink plenty of water if you're there all day. That is why I rarely drink any beer at the show while there unless I'm just gonna chill. Water is NOT $4 but $2.

The worst part is probably driving in and out. It can be a nightmare but if you've ever been to places like the Glen Helen Pavilion, then you kinda know what to expect. It can take up to 2 hours to get out if you're unlucky, not to mention the drive back if you aren't staying over.

I remember the water being $4 the first year when I went! But maybe different vendors had different prices.
Yeah, we were able to avoid much of the traffic because we left during Beck's performance...lol.
Hopefully it won't be so hot this year since it will be in April.

Did you see Bjork a few years ago? Or Radiohead? I've never been back since Morrissey but there were performances I really wanted to see.

I remember the water being $4 the first year when I went! But maybe different vendors had different prices.
Yeah, we were able to avoid much of the traffic because we left during Beck's performance...lol.
Hopefully it won't be so hot this year since it will be in April.

Did you see Bjork a few years ago? Or Radiohead? I've never been back since Morrissey but there were performances I really wanted to see.

I don't remember about the water costing $4 but you may have been right because the next time I went they were giving one away for free upon entrance. They don't do that anymore but every year since then it has been at $2. Now they'll give you a free bottle by turning in 10 empty ones. I can't be bothered but its nice to see people snatching them up from the floor to get free water.

I left halfway through Beck's set as well. Leaving early didn't help much though since we were stuck looking for my car for over an hour. ADVICE: REMEMBER WHERE YOU PARKED!!!

I was ther for both times Bjork was there and for Radiohead. All great performances although I did only survive half of Bjork's show last year because I was soooo tired. Really hoping I can make it this year again.

I left halfway through Beck's set as well. Leaving early didn't help much though since we were stuck looking for my car for over an hour. ADVICE: REMEMBER WHERE YOU PARKED!!!
dude, i remember that, me and my friends were some of the other losers looking for the car for like an hour or something :eek:
so yeah, this advice is very important...

It can be very hard. You're tired and its dark. Over the years i've developed a technique that usually works well. Counting palm trees!!!! Its usually a good indicator of where you will be generally parked. :)

I doubt this will happen, but I'm still hoping Moz does a show in Northern California after Coachella. I've heard people talk about Coachella contractual restrictions, but Franz Ferdinand just announced a show in Oakland days after their Coachella performance.

so maybe there is hope that he will squeeze in some west coast dates before europe? :pray:

shoplifters unite

I live in southern California, and am going to Coachella. Not to sit in the heat or hear crappy bands play the same riff for 4 minutes. But to see Morrissey a living legend. I don't think a lot of people that are gonna be there know who he is. Let alone what songs he has. which is good cause new people are going to hear him..mostly youngsters. But I am hoping A lot of true fans show up to support him. So lets roll! and show those people he should have top billing.

Tags
english is hard
Back
Top Bottom