Anyone else have this odd problem with

alma matters

I am having trouble getting it to play in my car!!!

My CD player is a late model stock stacker (car is VW) with 6 slots. Yesterday I got it out of the wrapper, brand new, and tried to insert in slot 6. It failed several times. Finally, slot 5 accepted it. It worked fine until track 10 when it started to skip and fail. Then it would not load into ANY slots. I am aware how ridiculous this sounds. Thing is, this stacker will take any other CD, so I don't believe it is broken, but it just will not accept YOR. The CD is flawless, I checked.

Do you think there's any odd reasoning behind this as far as the CD itself goes, any odd coating or coding or anything? I know this sounds utterly mad, but it's really so strange....

Re: Anyone else have this odd problem with YOR?

My CD player is a late model stock stacker (car is VW) with 6 slots. Yesterday I got it out of the wrapper, brand new, and tried to insert in slot 6. It failed several times. Finally, slot 5 accepted it. It worked fine until track 10 when it started to skip and fail. Then it would not load into ANY slots. I am aware how ridiculous this sounds. Thing is, this stacker will take any other CD, so I don't believe it is broken, but it just will not accept YOR. The CD is flawless, I checked.

Do you think there's any odd reasoning behind this as far as the CD itself goes, any odd coating or coding or anything? I know this sounds utterly mad, but it's really so strange....
You are silly

You should exchange it for another one if possible..if that one is causing you problems as well, then it must be YOR.

You should exchange it for another one if possible..if that one is causing you problems as well, then it must be YOR.

Thank you. I thought about returning it. I figured the boy at the record shop will likely think I am mad, but it is driving me nuts! I usually listen to my cds only in my car so not being able to listen to my most anticipated is horrible!

My CD player is fine. The car is two years old, so the CD player is two years old. It plays any other CD fine.

I just wondered if there was something unique about YOR that is causing my player to not be able to read it. I don't buy new CDs real often (I've bought three this year, counting YOR) so I didn't know if there was some odd change in coding that my player was having a hard time recognizing.

I am not insane, I swear, love.

:doh:

Have you tried your CD in another player? Sometimes they just don't agree with each other, it's happens quite a lot to me but only with CDs I've burnt myself.

I will need to try. It's so funny, I hardly ever listen to music at home. There are just too many other noises that I can't enjoy it.

I pretty much exclusively listen to music while driving. I must go out to my car and try it elsewhere.

Maybe some DRM? Can you make a copy of the CD and use that instead?

Compact discs do come defective from time to time so returning it is an option you may want to consider.

Thank you. I thought about returning it. I figured the boy at the record shop will likely think I am mad, but it is driving me nuts! I usually listen to my cds only in my car so not being able to listen to my most anticipated is horrible!

From one VW owner to another...
It's your car!!!!!
f*&&%&^)(*)(()_(^%$ VW;s!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

From one VW owner to another...
It's your car!!!!!
f*&&%&^)(*)(()_(^%$ VW;s!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

I can almost see it.

You buy another copy. It still doenst work.
You bring your car into VW.
They tell you some BS story about how your car won't work with any Morrisey CD's released after 2008.

I can't play burned CD's in my car and they told me, "yah sorry about that, the new cd system won't take them!"

"Yeah well I'm sorry I dropped 30 grand on your POS!", as I turn and leave.

Sorry..I've had major issues with my car and when I think about them I get all flustered!!!!!

I can almost see it.

You buy another copy. It still doenst work.
You bring your car into VW.
They tell you some BS story about how your car won't work with any Morrisey CD's released after 2008.

I can't play burned CD's in my car and they told me, "yah sorry about that, the new cd system won't take them!"

"Yeah well I'm sorry I dropped 30 grand on your POS!", as I turn and leave.

Sorry..I've had major issues with my car and when I think about them I get all flustered!!!!!

What model do you have? I have minor, goofy problems with mine. Silly stuff, like the key fob not working, etc. Never any big problems....yet. Mines an 07 Jetta 2.5

What model do you have? I have minor, goofy problems with mine. Silly stuff, like the key fob not working, etc. Never any big problems....yet. Mines an 07 Jetta 2.5

I have the weird 2005 and 1/2 model.
The model I have is a package 2 or some crap..
Interestingly they stopped making models like that right after. (I have all sorts of audi/passat like features like digital temp control buttons, electronic seats, leather, wood interior,ect...)
I was so impressed when I purchased because it put my 2003 Jetta to shame, BUT when I drove it home that night I thought to myself "well ok, I'm a dumbass because I know all this sh*t is going to break ala VW's reputation..lol lol

I bought it brand new and end up having to sue under the lemon law because I had a list of about 10 things that had to be fixed (some numerous times)
Then the transmission had to be replaced. (All I got was $4000 cash in the settlement)
It's either hit or miss with VW's!

I went to VW last summer to trade up because I have a problem with loving to be in debt with car's :crazy: but I noticed all the cars went down to bare bones again...so that's proof that when they tried to upgrade the Jetta have Audi/Passat features..THEY FAILED...FU*******!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom