Anyone else from the US going?

U

USA

Just curious. Not sure if I should rent a car or go by train to the Salford & Scottish shows. If I rent a car, I would be willing to take a few (2-3) of you around with me. Maybe we can split the hotel costs. Leave your email.

you are looking at approx 3½ hour drive from Salford to Glasgow, it's 99% motorway & extremely boring, then there's the finding your way round Scotland, it'll be a laugh if there's a few of you but if you don't get any takers then I'd either get the train, or if you check out for the cheapo flights you might find it just as cheap to fly. bmibaby.com flyglobespan.com & I'm sure there must be others. Good luck & see you at the gigs.

love

Grim

> Just curious. Not sure if I should rent a car or go by train to the
> Salford & Scottish shows. If I rent a car, I would be willing to take
> a few (2-3) of you around with me. Maybe we can split the hotel costs.
> Leave your email.

> you are looking at approx 3½ hour drive from Salford to Glasgow, it's 99%
> motorway & extremely boring, then there's the finding your way round
> Scotland, it'll be a laugh if there's a few of you but if you don't get
> any takers then I'd either get the train, or if you check out for the
> cheapo flights you might find it just as cheap to fly. bmibaby.com
> flyglobespan.com & I'm sure there must be others. Good luck & see
> you at the gigs.

> love

> Grim

you know you live in a tiny country when people look at a 3.5 hour drive and whine
"that's too far! i'm going to fly it!"

even though i agree about taking a train or a bus. the UK has really good public transportation so you might as well use it unless you wanted the car to go explore some castles off the main roads.

> you know you live in a tiny country when people look at a 3.5 hour drive
> and whine
> "that's too far! i'm going to fly it!"

> even though i agree about taking a train or a bus. the UK has really good
> public transportation so you might as well use it unless you wanted the
> car to go explore some castles off the main roads.

Thanks to the both of you. 3.5 hours on a freeway is nothing...I live in the Southwest (US) & I've driven on LA freeways & Susanne I know what you mean. A couple of years ago, I drove all the way across Texas from El Paso to Houston for a Morrissey show that was cancelled! I was disappointed, but not upset. Throughout the years of going to Moz shows, I've just come to expect things like that to happen...like Las Vegas a few, few years ago. Just hope it doesn't happen in April. But I think you're right Grim, I'll probably use the trains. Now do you recommend any hotels?

> Thanks to the both of you. 3.5 hours on a freeway is nothing...I live in
> the Southwest (US) & I've driven on LA freeways & Susanne I know
> what you mean. A couple of years ago, I drove all the way across Texas
> from El Paso to Houston for a Morrissey show that was cancelled! I was
> disappointed, but not upset. Throughout the years of going to Moz shows,
> I've just come to expect things like that to happen...like Las Vegas a
> few, few years ago. Just hope it doesn't happen in April. But I think
> you're right Grim, I'll probably use the trains. Now do you recommend any
> hotels?

ah...i see. you too have given up on the idea that he might return to this part of the country and are going somewhere you might have a shot at seeing him.

i recommend trying to see what bed and breakfasts are around there. they tend to be nicer than the dumpy hotels that you would get for the same price. especially in the more outlying areas....that is, if you don't want to slum it and stay in a youth hostel.

I'm coming from the US too. Have you checked out flights yet? Just curious to see where the best rates are. I've had good luck going through liberty travel before for international flights but I'm always looking for a bargain.

> I'm coming from the US too. Have you checked out flights yet? Just curious
> to see where the best rates are. I've had good luck going through liberty
> travel before for international flights but I'm always looking for a
> bargain.

i guess you're not a student or under 26 years old, but if you are, you can get a student or youth card from STA travel and take your chances. sometimes they have really good fare sales.

if you're older....you're basically left with playing roulette with the internet sites. i used Orbitz to get a roundabout figure, but i've never bought anything from them because i've always found something cheaper buying it directly from the airline's website.

Why would you guess I'm older, actually I'm 25 and a student.

> I'm coming from the US too. Have you checked out flights yet? Just curious
> to see where the best rates are. I've had good luck going through liberty
> travel before for international flights but I'm always looking for a
> bargain.

Yes, I've checked out flights on Orbitz & they're pretty decent right now. Not sure where you're from, but I found 800.00+ (including tax) round trip from Phoenix to Manchester, UK. I'm guessing it'll be cheaper from the East coast (US). I'll probably book my flight the end of this month (Jan) when tickets actually go on sale & when I get my bonus from work. Michelle, where are you coming from & which shows are you going to?

Susanne, I take it you are not going.

I don't want to jinx anything... I WANT to go to the last 2 Palladium shows and whatever I can get tickets for in between. I live in Buffalo but I'll either be flying out of Toronto or NYC and going into London, depending on how I can arrange things. Oh the things we do for love of Morrissey.

> Leave your email.

i'm thinking of going. i have to wait and see about prices.

> Leave your email.
Yes would be willing to split the costs / hotel costs if interested.

Cheers Euan

Going where? A package holiday to Baghdad? Well some are on a long stay I here.

> Anyone leaving from Southern California? Looking to travel with someone. Planning on going the first part of May.

Irene was kind enough to let us stay at her house so I think we should all go.

Back
Top Bottom