anyone believe this email from the main board?

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
[Original comment has been removed because of copyright violation according to Morrissey's lawyer. Below is the request]:

This law firm represents Morrissey. I am authorized to act on his behalf with respect to his intellectual property rights. It has recently come to our attention that a user on your website has posted a letter from Morrissey to Merck Mercuriadis at Sanctuary Records. This violates Morrissey's copyright in his letter. The letter can be accessed via the following link on your website:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=23770&cid=225255

Use of the material in this manner is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law. As you are aware, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 U.S.C. §512(c), having now been informed that this infringing material can be accessed via your website, you will be liable for copyright infringement should you refuse to remove the offending material. Please confirm immediately that you will cooperate and remove the offending material from your website.

Thank you for your anticipated prompt cooperation.

The information provided herein is accurate under penalty of perjury.

Sincerely,
/s/ Gregory Gabriel

Gregory S. Gabriel
Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks & sounds genuine to me but could be made up by some troll

We'll never know, but I tend to think most thing of this ilk are fake. I've been surprised before at how much time one sad case will put into stuff like this.

agreed dazzak i would not like moz and sanctuary to fall out. noone would touch hoim with a bargepole. the single didnt even stay in the top 40 this week. the album is just about in top 100. i fear for any new singles. only got to 20 in ireland and has disappeared album not even in top 100. yet killarney and both nights at olympia sold out very quickly. Marlay park tickets sales i believe have been very disappointing.

Having read his silly letters to his pen pal, the notes he wrote to "Under the Influence", and the odd magazine bit he's done, this doesn't ring true to me. Doesn't sound like the same person.

The writing style is very laboured. I think he'd be much more concise. There's a bit too much detail as well which makes me suspicious.

Ooh, it seems to have the ring of authenticity to me. Morrissey has always been concerned with chart positions and his place in them, as well as all the minutiae of single/album releases. Why wouldn't he fire-off a missive such as this when faced with the relative failure of "The Youngest", when his face is everywhere and it's a catchy, memorable single?
Look at the competition, ffs!!!
Yes, it could be a wind-up, but I'm in the "authentic" camp.

I am a Ghost said:
Ooh, it seems to have the ring of authenticity to me. Morrissey has always been concerned with chart positions and his place in them, as well as all the minutiae of single/album releases. Why wouldn't he fire-off a missive such as this when faced with the relative failure of "The Youngest", when his face is everywhere and it's a catchy, memorable single?
Look at the competition, ffs!!!
Yes, it could be a wind-up, but I'm in the "authentic" camp.

I'm inclined to that view too.

Peter

would he leak it though? and i thought he and jed were more than friends. obviously not if this is to be believed. if it is genuine he does make some genuine points. he promoted single and album to death ross jools 30 uk gigs.

Well, how did you get this mail then?

And who is "Jed"?

From the main board? Am I blind?

Nah, Morrissey is way more elaborate in print than that, right? And I know he thinks of himself as the center of the universe (so do I) but where's the point in writing such a mail when the same shit has happened to him over and over again? I mean: he must be used to it by now, so why should he bother this much... Gosh, I hope it's fake cause this letter is like the most embarrassing and unsympathetic thing I've read in years.

Anyways: the most important question is not if it's genuine or not but: Has anybody called Steven yet?

Sonar said:
Anyways: the most important question is not if it's genuine or not but: Has anybody called Steven yet?

Exactly how stupid is it to qote youself? But I typed Steven and not Eric... my mistake.

guys i was reading the main board and under the comments on the pinkpop story i saw it and posted it here for discussion. nothing to do with me guys

I believe it. I also believe it is unwise to post the whole thing uncensored - shouldn't the e-mail address and phone numbers at the end be blocked out, just out of respect for the parties involved?

I wouldn't like it if my phone number was posted, that's all I'm saying.

cossy said:
... yet killarney and both nights at olympia sold out very quickly. Marlay park tickets sales i believe have been very disappointing.

Sorry to be a boring pedant, but Killarney didn't sell out - there were still tickets on sale on the evening of the show. That said, I am really surprised that Marlay Park didn't sell out yet - there was a big ad campaign just as tickets were being released, and there was a great buzz about the Olympia shows - yet it is not selling well... :confused: I don't understand at all!! The only straw I can grasp at is that the opening bands are putting people off, which is a long shot.

Hi Spicer re the email i just copied and pasted it so didnt think of sensitive phone numbers . re killarney yes i was there and managed to get a ticket for my girlfriend on the night. they told me at the box office in killarney they had 20-30 tickets left and thats all. re marlay park i agree i live right beside the venue and yes there is a serious push on radio and that ice cream eating poster everywhere in dublin. the support bands to me personally are disappointing. would love to see new york dolls or damien dempsey support or maybe the tears but magic numbers et al not for me but my tickets are bought and roll on aug 22nd

cossy said:
Hi Spicer re the email i just copied and pasted it so didnt think of sensitive phone numbers . re killarney yes i was there and managed to get a ticket for my girlfriend on the night. they told me at the box office in killarney they had 20-30 tickets left and thats all. re marlay park i agree i live right beside the venue and yes there is a serious push on radio and that ice cream eating poster everywhere in dublin. the support bands to me personally are disappointing. would love to see new york dolls or damien dempsey support or maybe the tears but magic numbers et al not for me but my tickets are bought and roll on aug 22nd

I'm waiting until nearer the day to book my tickets. Having bought tickets for the IOW last year I'm a little suspicious of booking too early for these big shows.

On to the main issue. I'm not so sure that this is true purely because of the animal rights comment. Moz has had mostly bad publicity over this and although there is the old saying, "Ther's no such thing as bad publicity", I'm pretty sure there is, and I'm pretty sure that Morrissey knows it too. Although there are plenty of obnivoures out there who'd probalby disagree and accuse me of being naive, I don't believe for a minute that Morrissey would equate his record sales to his statements on animals.

I know this is only a small thing but it is a rather American thing to use '#' when refering to a number - for example 'number one'. Also the way the writer refers to people as 'absolute rubbish', I feel that Morrissey is far more articulate and literary than to use such a phrase.

Just small points. Perhaps I am completely wrong.

Dupree it could be totally fabricated i guess we will never know, like so many things about moz. more questions than answers.

cossy said:
Dupree it could be totally fabricated i guess we will never know, like so many things about moz. more questions than answers.

And isn't that why we love him so much?:)

Back
Top Bottom