Anybody on here at Marley Park last night?

Well...if you have read the stories on the mainboard, looks like someone tried to get on the stage but immediately security caught him, and Morrissey then tried to touch his hand, but security immediately pulled him away and they took him quite roughly with them. Morrissey was quite apalled from that scene and he said 'let him be boys' and 'calm down calm down' and it really did upset M.

that's from what I heard

Yes, the Stasi security goons roughly handled a famous stage-diver and "Ganglord" was stopped. Me and my mate were up the front and were hurling abuse at one particular bastard and he well knew he was in the wrong. But we met the diver at the after-show and he was in great form. He's used to it :)
Top night, otherwise.

I cant believe I was the only one not extremely disappointed with the concert, no encore, song stopped and restarted and a rather strange choice of songs from his catalogue. This is my first post so be nice.

Irishmozfan said:
I cant believe I was the only one not extremely disappointed with the concert, no encore, song stopped and restarted and a rather strange choice of songs from his catalogue. This is my first post so be nice.

Don't worry I'll be nice!! I was there too last night in Marlay Park and thought it was pretty amazing, considering the size of the stage and the fact that the last time I saw him was in April, Olympia, Dublin..... very intimate.
O.K. no encore , but that seems to be his recent form. How can you complain though, seeing as he ended it as he did. Possibly the best finale to any Moz gig I've been to and I've seen him about 10 times.
Ganglord abandoned momentarily for the reasons listed above in this thread. Loved the fact that he cared enough about the safety of the fan and seemed genuinely upset by the heavy handed security. Stage invasion days are well and truly behind us!
Loved the setlist. At this stage I think it'd be pretty sad if he just did the greatest hits of Morrissey and The Smiths. The man's got artistic integrity to burn unlike some tossers I could mention ( Paul Weller, Robbie Williams et al)
Keep posting here, we really are quite a nice bunch!!

Well, as regards the encore, it was "How Soon Is Now". Its just that it was wonderfully segued into from "Life Is A Pigsty". I think last night may have been the longest Morrissey concert I have ever been at. Encores are all pretence, anyway.

I am a Ghost said:
Yes, the Stasi security goons roughly handled a famous stage-diver and "Ganglord" was stopped. Me and my mate were up the front and were hurling abuse at one particular bastard and he well knew he was in the wrong. But we met the diver at the after-show and he was in great form. He's used to it :)
Top night, otherwise.

WAS IT MORRISSEY THE 23RD?

'No' Encore and Ganglord

I was there last night, just got back home in Manchester and off to see City in a few mins!
Firstly, who are these plebs saying there was no encore? How soon is now? was the encore. does it matter if the band walk off and then walk back on or just get on and play the bloody song.
we all had buses to catch - not to mention a walk through the park to get there first, so we benefited from not having to stand in a field shouting 'Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey' etc for 5 mins, for the band to come back on and play HSIN? I've always been a lover of New Order's no encore policy anyway.
Secondly - yes it was Hugh (M the 23rd) who was manhandled by the goons. Fortunately (or unfortunately if you are a knob) he was ok and danced the night away at the aftershow do back in town.
I thought the gig was very good - great to have such a long set too. The 'golden circle' bit ruined the potential atmosphere by splitting up the crowd and leaving some fans feeling they were too far away for a decent view. I didn't have a wrist band for the area but managed to get in there with use of a good decoy to divert the attention of the goon on the gate
as I slipped in on the outside of him.

The Goat

WestDerby-Tim said:
Good I hope that show off took a good kicking!:mad:

That's a bit harsh. I've been to gigs with Hugh, and Moz's staff (as well as Moz and the band, of course) all know him, and so they know he's not going to 'kick-off' as it were. The problem comes with hired goons at these shows, from local security firms, who will go ballistic at the first incursion. I'm pretty sure Moz and his crew will not be happy with the local security chaps.

Peter

had brilliant time at marley ,just got home ,thought gig was great tho spoilt for me by some stupid kids so drunk and complete and utter nusiances ,bet theve never even listened to mozz song in there short lives ,they were a pain in the arse ,one of the girls was so drunk she was just a bloody liability ! pissed everyone around her off .but apart fron the teenage morons had a brilliant time ,moz on top form i thought until the episode with security , after that thought he went a bit flat myself ,magic numbers great !

Just got back after a couple of days in Dublin.

I went with my nipper and wife and we all had a fantastic time.

A bit pissed off that some kind sort decided to have a pop at us on the main site as we had the audacity to bring our child to a concert that finished after his usual bedtime and for the fact that they didn't spot the earplugs in his ears.

Apart from that, the Mozfather was on fine form, enjoyed the setlist despite having been to two shows already this year. The Magic Numbers were ace too!

Hey Albert Finney, just want to say I think your kid is really lucky to have been at a Moz gig. Best I got at a young age was James Last and his orchestra!! Great to give kids an experience like that, hopefully we now have a new lifelong fan to join our ranks.

Hey Albert
Bollocks to whoever had a pop at you - I've took my kids to football and concerts when they were whipper snappers and there is no problem with doing that.

Also - readers may have seen on messages about the tuxed up Morrissey look a like at the aftershow party. He was non other than Morrissey-solo's very own Freeyourself!

The Goat

Some guys had a bit of a tussle over Morrissey's blue shirt. There was bedlam going on. I stayed well out of it. Not worth dying for!! However on the plus side..... a friend gave me a bit of his grey Gucci shirt afterward (nice cologne Morrissey!!!!! *sniff* mmmmmmm!

I have to agree that the mood was a bit wierd at Marley Park. Probably down to MCD and the gorilla security. Sponsored by Buweiser but could not bring your drink into the circle...complete nonsense.

I though Moz was in an unusual mood, and the quips about Irish Publications and his single in the shops had no real foundation. But overall not the worst of the tour. Roll on Belgium.

The Goat said:
Hey Albert
Bollocks to whoever had a pop at you - I've took my kids to football and concerts when they were whipper snappers and there is no problem with doing that.

Also - readers may have seen on messages about the tuxed up Morrissey look a like at the aftershow party. He was non other than Morrissey-solo's very own Freeyourself!

The Goat

Thanks, and the same to Lux girl too!

My lad loves Moz already and he generally demands him on whenever we have a bit of music on. Well, either Moz or "The lion sleeps tonight," you can't win 'em all!

Freeyourself! at the aftershow party? Genius, would have gone if I wasn't with the nipper. Especially glad I didn't mind as I was bloody knackered yesterday.

Ry Vita said:
I have to agree that the mood was a bit wierd at Marley Park. Probably down to MCD and the gorilla security. Sponsored by Buweiser but could not bring your drink into the circle...complete nonsense.

I though Moz was in an unusual mood, and the quips about Irish Publications and his single in the shops had no real foundation. But overall not the worst of the tour. Roll on Belgium.

Moz certainly was even more self-depricating than usual but seemed to lighten up as the night progressed. I read the Irish publication and it was mostly flattering bollocks. From what I could gather it was all about how great Morrissey was mostly because he had Irish parents. Moz makes me piss really, he's always bitching if he's not at the absolute epicentre of the universe. I'd have been embarassed if the article he liked had been written about me.

I did look for his single in HMV yesterday but couldn't find a copy so that comment may have had foundation.

AlbertFinney said:
I did look for his single in HMV yesterday but couldn't find a copy so that comment may have had foundation.

I bought mine last Friday, and they had plenty in of both CDs in Virgin and HMV in Cork, and a few vinyls in HMV. Of course, I wouldn't even begin to look in the likes of Golden Discs - you'ld be lucky to get his albums in there and there's no way they'd stock the third single from the album.
Who do you blame if the record shops don't order the single - the shop management and staff? Or is it the fault of the record company for not doing a good enough job of promoting the release. I've heard nothing about the release in Ireland, but there has been plenty of promotion for the gig by the festival organisers. How many people in Marlay Park even knew he had a new single? As for media exposure in Ireland, well the gig was being broadcast on the national carrier. Still, the man must tired after such an extensive tour, and we were treated to one of the longest sets of the tour. Highlight for me: I've been waiting to hear Stop Me since he played it in the States and finally managed to hear in Marlay Park. Unfortunately, there's no Brussels for me, but hopefully he'll drop into Cork the next time he visits here. City Hall anyone?

Back
Top Bottom