Anybody here work nights???

Mozzer's Left Eyebrow

Yes, I Am Pined
Do any fellow Solowers work night shifts? I've worked (basically) from 7pm to 7am, 4 days a weeks for the the last two years. The upside is getting three days a week off, having a clear three hours a night to trawl Solow/youtube/whatever and I'm pretty much my own boss to a large extent.

The downside is being mega tired most of the time, essentially sacking off 4/7 of the week (you can't get anything done in the day during that time), looking like a vampire (although I do favour the translucent look!) and keeping really odd hours. I've developed this crap habit which involves never getting a straight period of sleep, I'll just sleep for 3/4 hours a couple of times a day, even in my time off.

But I do like the fact that I work on my own and I am suited to keeping vampiric hours, I've always been a bit like that anyway. I also miss human contact...a bit! I'm thinking about getting a regular 9-5 office job but I'm not sure I could exist as a daywalker now, I've gotten too used to this weird existance.

Anyone got a similar problem? Or anyone that used to work nights, how did you cope re: sleep and so on when you made the switch?

How do I sleep? I don't.

I work at an emergency animal hospital. I don't have to pull an overnight shift, but I'm usually there until 1:00 am. I usually work a 15-hour shift on Saturdays. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a day job as well and suffer from insomnia.

How do I sleep? I don't.

I work at an emergency animal hospital. I don't have to pull an overnight shift, but I'm usually there until 1:00 am. I usually work a 15-hour shift on Saturdays. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a day job as well and suffer from insomnia.

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

worldssmallestviolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom