Anybody got any recorded in studio banter?

ray_afraid

I'm looking for any kind of recorded conversation or just a few lines from any of the recording sessions from the beginning of the Smiths to this year.
I'm thinking of things like the clip of Moz discussing Everyday Is Like Sunday from the Viva Hate Outtakes. Anything would be greatly appreciated and I'll repay somehow if I can.

doesn't i know very well how i got my note wrong have some stuff? i think i've also got a version of dial a cliche or some other viva hate song with him talking about it.

At the beginning of Hand In Glove, the Sandie Shaw version, and specifically, the one on Sandie's Best-Of compilation, you can hear Johnny saying "Can you turn everything, overall, up now?"

Peter

At the beginning of Hand In Glove, the Sandie Shaw version, and specifically, the one on Sandie's Best-Of compilation, you can hear Johnny saying "Can you turn everything, overall, up now?"

Peter

Ah, is that who that is? Great! Any idea of when it was recorded? I mean is it from this session or something else? Probably no way of knowing? WHY AM I SO OBSESSIVE!?

I have all of the outtakes of Dial-a-Dull-Song (;)) and I know Very Well.. I was thinking that maybe someone had some more recorded dialog from other sessions, but do you know of anything else like these? There maybe something I've missed!

Last edited:
How about the "Come armageddon" banter between takes? If nobody else has it I'll bring it next time.

Ray_afraid, you might have these I think, but I'll post them for anyone who wants them.
Here is a zip file with the I know very well how I got my note wrong banter, the Dial a cliche one, and the Everyday is like sunday one. Just the banters.
http://www.savefile.com/files/2043450

I'll try to make a savefile project with all I can find and also a live banters one just cause I love them. There are some gtreat banters.

Anyone called christina around? Because he said that name in a very, erm, special way.

Thanks! I do have those, but I hadn't yet edited the rest of the track out.
"...It's a bit uncomfortable, yes."
"Well what a drag!"

Thanks! I do have those, but I hadn't yet edited the rest of the track out.
"...It's a bit uncomfortable, yes."
"Well what a drag!"

Well I only have those because of TWO ICY COLD HANDS :o

BTW, do you have that Johnny part on Sandie's song?

Here you go - Hand In Glove by Sandie Shaw & The Smiths - Johnny is right at the beginning, in the left channel saying "Can you turn everything now, overall, up."

Peter

Just remembered - of course, there's the Italian How Soon Is Now, where Moz hums and whistles through the whole song, before saying "OK?"

I've a vague recollection of something right at the end of Munich Air Disaster, but you have to turn the volume right up...

Peter

Here you go - Hand In Glove by Sandie Shaw & The Smiths - Johnny is right at the beginning, in the left channel saying "Can you turn everything now, overall, up."

Peter

Thanks a million (smilies not working for me)

Just remembered - of course, there's the Italian How Soon Is Now, where Moz hums and whistles through the whole song, before saying "OK?"
I've a vague recollection of something right at the end of Munich Air Disaster, but you have to turn the volume right up...

Peter

Got that How soon one, yes. Bad whistling IMO... But very cute overall

Will lisgten to Munich, I've never payed much attention to that song. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom