Any Morrissey ever officially released on MD?

As someone with a fondness for novel, obscure, and "obsoleted" formats*, I am curious about whether or not he's had anything put out on MiniDisc.
I know it's a common format, but, much like LD, it was never very popular in America, so both are pretty obscure and scarcely seen in thrift stores, or even used music shops (at least where I live... Could be different in more urban/urbanized areas of the country).

How about The Smiths? I've never seen either on MD, not even unofficially...

*I own a LaserDisc player I bought at a yardsale and I don't own a single f***ing LD... I'd love a copy of The Complete Picture on LD though, haha. I actually bought the player largely so I could justify purchasing stuff like TCP and live Morrissey LD's if I ever found any I could afford.

Last edited:
As someone with a fondness for novel, obscure, and "obsoleted" formats*, I am curious about whether or not he's had anything put out on MiniDisc.
I know it's a common format, but, much like LD, it was never very popular in America, so both are pretty obscure and scarcely seen in thrift stores, or even used music shops (at least where I live... Could be different in more urban/urbanized areas of the country).

How about The Smiths? I've never seen either on MD, not even unofficially...

*I own a LaserDisc player I bought at a yardsale and I don't own a single f***ing LD... I'd love a copy of The Complete Picture on LD though, haha. I actually bought the player largely so I could justify purchasing stuff like TCP and live Morrissey LD's if I ever found any I could afford.

Nothing on MD as far as I know.
The 3 quirkiest formats I am aware of are:

The Smiths "Rank" on DAT
The Smiths "The Complete Picture" on VCD
Morrissey "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?" on UMD

Nothing on MD as far as I know.
The 3 quirkiest formats I am aware of are:

The Smiths "Rank" on DAT
The Smiths "The Complete Picture" on VCD
Morrissey "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?" on UMD

MD is an invention of Sony.
Smiths and Morrissey never signed to labels associated with Sony (Epic / CBS), so no MD format of Smiths and Morrissey release.

MD is an invention of Sony.
Smiths and Morrissey never signed to labels associated with Sony (Epic / CBS), so no MD format of Smiths and Morrissey release.

PSP consoles and UMDs are also inventions of Sony and yet "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?" was released in that format... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

The UMD looks interesting... I hate the idea of buying a PSP just for that though... still, wouldn't mind having it.
I wonder how many people live in the center of the venn diagram?:

( PSP owners and frequent users () Morrissey fanatics )

I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking if they are the same thing? If so, no. I used to think so too!

MiniDisc:

Memorex-minidisc.jpg

3" CD (far-right):

disc-formats-horizontal.jpg

The MD format is essentially like a computer harddrive/floppy disk hybrid format (but about the same size as a 3" CD itself) which shares some similarities to both, and stores info. as magnetic particles and is re-writable.

The UMD format is actually quite similar to MD in a lot of ways as far as I can tell, though they are incompatible. I believe the UMD format may be an optical media though, as opposed to magnetic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom