Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg Theatre (March 15, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies

Last edited:
People logging on to Solo night after night to complain about the set-list of a show they weren't at will never not be amusing to me.

The silence between songs is cringe worthy, I don't understand why they wait so long to go into the next one. Say 'thank you' and play! I think his days of witty, in between song banter are over. And for the love of God please stop that crap in Sunday. There could be a person in the crowd who can only make it to one show and you ruin the lyrics? Actually just stop playing it altogether. And opening with Alma when you have approximately 74 superior songs is just baffling.

Ah just saw it on Instagram, it was something like that. Strange. She got namechecked / promoted on the Moz Angeles Account a few weeks ago with an old post from 2019. I don't know it always looks like its strangely pre-planned with these people behind the scenes. It never looks spontaneous somehow. I feel bad for her that he didn't gave her a hug at the end
I want to see. Where exactly can I find this?

He's an employee......he gets paid. There's nothing else going on.
Lol. Paid to attend Joan Collins shows and film premieres? Paid to do the grocery shopping? Accompany Moz to the emergency dentist at night and live at the Sunset Marquis? Come on. Jake was on the payroll too. He had to trundle around pretending to be a "brother" or a "best friend" or somebody's cousin or other as well, and "Gelato" or whoever never even got that. In 2023, it's just sad.

Last edited:
I thought the sets on the Fall US tour were dreadful, but this is shockingly bad. I guess he'll always have sheep that will defend anything he cranks out and somehow turn up, but I can't imagine paying the prices he's asking for 80 minutes of this selection.

Has goodwill towards Moz run out here?

Shame the albums are tied up

He's an employee......he gets paid. There's nothing else going on.
Jake was paid too, they were still screwing 😄. Damon stayed with M during lockdown, travels with him everywhere, it's certainly more than just a job.

All the signed albums (both Smiths and solo) were sold out after the show. Be interesting to see if there will be new freshly signed ones tonight in Brussels.

It was hell getting tickets so I got a lousy balcony seat, never been that far from Moz at a gig, f***ing awful..Having said that, Moz was in fine form with chats and great singing (as we are used to haha). Bit strange the ‘special treatment’ of the girl-in-red, indeed. Won t get in the setlist discussion as we all know that a few songs (English Blood, to name one) should and could be replaced by f.a. Speedway.
Why does Moz ruin the lyrics of EILSunday with this QuandoQuando nonsense!?
And why does he choses these awfull theatres instead of rock clubs like Roma or, in NL, Paradiso (I wish)? Of course, the box office is the answer I know…
Talk about (probably tax free) extra money…his signed Lp’s costing 250 euros are selling like hot cakes so easy money.
But in the end…it s Moz and when he starts singing we forgive and forget everything😎
Sad son,

The "quando, quando" thing has been lyrical stupidity for a long time now.

Enough.

we'll let you know

The "quando, quando" thing has been lyrical stupidity for a long time now.
I say "Everyday is Like Sunday" should be put back on the shelf entirely. He didn't play it from 1995 - 2000 and everything was fine. Many other early songs could use a chance to shine, so to speak.

Arriving .

It never ceases to amaze me how fantastic his voice sounds live still. Better than ever, really. I can't think of many singers his age I can say that about.

6AF3707D-BDD4-43D0-BE92-E4D66D9C9BE2.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom