Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg Theatre (March 15, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies

Last edited:
I’d agree with the comments about the venue. It was soulless, and the view from the cheap seats (€95 !!!) was shocking. Couldn’t see any of the backdrop

I can imagine the drowning sound you must have experienced from a seat located miles above the ceiling of the stage

115 euros stuck up in the gods as well!
Don't complain.
There were VIP tickets sold for more than 300 Euros with meal and .booze included for that gig, this was a first and no one frowned on this forum.
Morrissey has got a royal lifestyle: this demands money.
Tell Me Cuando Money

I agree with the awfulness of 'Everyday is Like Quando', but I'm just thankful this lyric change hasn't spread to the rest of the setlist. If we were really unlucky, we'd also get 'Girlfriend in a Quando', 'I Wish you Quando', 'Without Quando the World Dies', 'Stop me if you Think You've Heard This Quando Before' etc. Be thankful for small mercies.
God I laughed so hard with this :ROFLMAO:

I agree with the awfulness of 'Everyday is Like Quando', but I'm just thankful this lyric change hasn't spread to the rest of the setlist. If we were really unlucky, we'd also get 'Girlfriend in a Quando', 'I Wish you Quando', 'Without Quando the World Dies', 'Stop me if you Think You've Heard This Quando Before' etc. Be thankful for small mercies.
:lbf:

He was in great voice & in a great mood. Lucky to fumble to front row, watch the emotional & funny facial expressions up close & get two handshakes. Band sounded great out front, though a bit quiet further back I heard. The two new songs had an anthemic feel already. Hooligan was wild. Classic Moz, just class.

That security guard is way over the top , trrriblr manhandling of fans

I would say that was the most disappointing Morrissey gig I’ve ever been at
Terrible venue , atmosphere , lots of dead air / awkward silence between songs , a bizarre fan welcomed on stage to have a chat ? (Is she the new Julia? and that’s not bitterness / jealousy , more power to her being namechecked / Morrissey being interested in her (& I tip my hat to her making over from the US to Europe for gigs) but it goes to a kind of soap opera / clique fan group at the front every night , no wonder the atmosphere is gone , same old faces

115 euros stuck up in the gods as well!
Are there any Videos if this somewhere? Just curious what they talked about, but strangely can't find anything

Mozzer 1980 [Iwas 15 then] thanks a lot for sharing your video clips. You're a hero.
Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just posting here what I find in the net . Applause is due to those who record and share their concert experiences.

[Iwas 15 then]
May you stay forever young ;)

etc etc etc etc

Are there any Videos if this somewhere? Just curious what they talked about, but strangely can't find anything
'Is Precious here?'
- YESSS!
'Oh come on up dear'
*enters the stage guided by security*
'How have you been?'
- Great being with you
'Oh we're not together. How have you been sleeping?'
- Great
'How have you been eating?'
- What?
- Lots of bread, it's hard to find vegan options'
'Yes it is'
- Morrissey, can I have a hug?
'No'
*she leaves the stage'

'Is Precious here?'
- YESSS!
'Oh come on up dear'
'How have you been?'
- Great being with you
- Great
- What?
'Yes it is'
'No'
*she leaves the stage'
Hahaha that was not the actual conversation or was it? 😁😁

'Is Precious here?'
- YESSS!
'Oh come on up dear'
'How have you been?'
- Great being with you
- Great
- What?
'Yes it is'
'No'
*she leaves the stage'

WTAF.

Ah just saw it on Instagram, it was something like that. Strange. She got namechecked / promoted on the Moz Angeles Account a few weeks ago with an old post from 2019. I don't know it always looks like its strangely pre-planned with these people behind the scenes. It never looks spontaneous somehow. I feel bad for her that he didn't gave her a hug at the end

Hahaha that was not the actual conversation or was it? 😁😁
On the sleeping question she said ‘great since being with you’ and he said ‘…but we’re not in the same place when we’re sleeping…!’

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom