Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg Theatre (March 15, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Let Me Kiss You / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Istanbul / The Loop / Knockabout World / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies

Last edited:
🤣 that first photo. Damon walking two miles behind, carrying all the bags and pretending not to exist, every single time. Where is that guy's self esteem.
Kind of like Queen Elizabeth style or anyone Royal ironically

Uuuuuh uuuuh

I know it's a great song, but is anyone else getting a bit tired of 'Jack the Ripper' and it's attendant fog show? :sleeping:

It was hell getting tickets so I got a lousy balcony seat, never been that far from Moz at a gig, f***ing awful..Having said that, Moz was in fine form with chats and great singing (as we are used to haha). Bit strange the ‘special treatment’ of the girl-in-red, indeed. Won t get in the setlist discussion as we all know that a few songs (English Blood, to name one) should and could be replaced by f.a. Speedway.
Why does Moz ruin the lyrics of EILSunday with this QuandoQuando nonsense!?
And why does he choses these awfull theatres instead of rock clubs like Roma or, in NL, Paradiso (I wish)? Of course, the box office is the answer I know…
Talk about (probably tax free) extra money…his signed Lp’s costing 250 euros are selling like hot cakes so easy money.
But in the end…it s Moz and when he starts singing we forgive and forget everything😎
That Quando bit is awful but it's not as bad as ruining Speedway with the position change and having Gustavo sining.

I know it's a great song, but is anyone else getting a bit tired of 'Jack the Ripper' and it's attendant fog show? :sleeping:

It would be cool if he mixed it up a bit and did the original b-side arrangement of it live. I don't think that's been done before?

I'm getting tired of Sweet and Tender Hooligan to be honest. I LOVE that song so much and it's one of my favourite Smiths songs because of the whole drive it has. But seeing it being dragged night after night as a sometimes half assed outro song I feel I don't want to hear it for a long time...

I agree with the awfulness of 'Everyday is Like Quando', but I'm just thankful this lyric change hasn't spread to the rest of the setlist. If we were really unlucky, we'd also get 'Girlfriend in a Quando', 'I Wish you Quando', 'Without Quando the World Dies', 'Stop me if you Think You've Heard This Quando Before' etc. Be thankful for small mercies.

Is it true that Moz has said that he will fine Gustavo every time he fails to catch his tambourine?

The Night

I’m really bored with this setlist - I’m not really
Looking forward to Hammersmith now. I’ve seen all these songs live before in the last 3 years… He really needs to shake it up because soon he will push away big fans

Only Morrissey would not play Arms around Paris while in Paris, then add it to the set list the next night!

Only Morrissey would not play Arms around Paris while in Paris, then add it to the set list the next night!

He'd probably skip playing Istanbul in Istanbul.

I agree with the awfulness of 'Everyday is Like Quando', but I'm just thankful this lyric change hasn't spread to the rest of the setlist. If we were really unlucky, we'd also get 'Girlfriend in a Quando', 'I Wish you Quando', 'Without Quando the World Dies', 'Stop me if you Think You've Heard This Quando Before' etc. Be thankful for small mercies.
Holy shit this was fkn funny! I needed that laugh :)

Back
Top Bottom