Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg (Nov. 27, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Suedehead / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway + I Didn't Know What To Do + Speedway / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Smiler With Knife / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Asleep / Scandinavia / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mountjoy / Certain People I Know

set list provided by Alejandro Kapacevich / Facebook via Raphael Lambach.

• During the break in "Speedway", Gilbert O'Sullivan's "I Didn't Know What To Do" Was played. Link to video on YouTube (2:30 mark, user funktofunky11) posted by an anonymous person:

"I Didn't Know What To Do" by Gilbert O'Sullivan on YouTube (user mohawk3881) identified and posted by HangtheDJ16:

Description:

Another rare early track from around 1967 / 68 that appeared on the rare Italian album E LE SUE CANZONI in 1974 . This recording is unavailable on any of Gilbert`s current releases.

Last edited:
A few random thoughts/comments from the 12th row... I have been lucky to do Barcelona, Paris, Utrecht, Lund, Copenhagen, Essen and Antwerp (so far ;) ) on this tour. They were all variations on 18-20 songs and ffs, yes, promoting the new album. What else would you expect? Who in their right mind would expect a setlist before buying a ticket? I am not a rail groupie but if you want hits you should go see Linkin Park do a 30 minute medley of all their hits to keep all their fans happy... trust me, it does not work. The rest of us will just appreciate the artists.
The 2nd night in Antwerp was on the way to be truly magical. The O'Sullivan interlude during Speedway, Smiler, the best (and dedicated) version of Asleep that I have ever heard... and Mountjoy (first live as far as I know)... this was not a standard setlist or performance. Utrecht wins on sound but Antwerp was Ok. We will all have preferences of what we would like to hear but the set on Thursday was a very inspired Moz leading us through a very special gig. That much was clear until the idiot in the red shirt had one more beer. Some will now jump on me and suggest that Moz is a diva with thin skin... you were clearly not there when he sang his heart out on the first 10 songs. Could he/should he do something else? This show or another? Not for us to judge as we did not write nor deliver what is Morrissey today.
Moz is an odd one. That is why I love his music and his shows but I have also learned to wonder if he will cancel or walk out. I feel really sorry for you guys in Warsaw! 2nd night in Antwerp was a treat though... even with no encore and a fat f*** in a red shirt ruining the last 20 min for us. Thank you to the girl who yelled "I love you". That was the spirit of this gig; not the random sentiment of this forum.
See you at the next gig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't you the president of the Corry Konings fanclub?

Yes you are right, i am also a member of the Corry Konings fanclub.

Maybe Morrissey makes a lot of old Smiths fans very unhappy with this band, but i'm not.

I like the cd, i like this band, i like his gigs, (second day Antwerpen was my third gig this tour)

I have filmed the video's above here , i'm sorry for the bad quality, i used my wrong camera on the second night.

Check also my videos from the first night in Antwerpen they are much better.
The first night i have filmed from the balkon.

Regards all you Morrissey lovers ;)

Last edited:
For everyone outside of America is the world who say Americans are rude and obnoxious. I have never seen Morrissey get heckled at a USA show. You Euros make me sick.

There are many Americans who are worth listening to (Nine Inch Nails and Phish for example). Sadly you are not one of them. I hope you got what you wanted on Black Friday (another vile Amerikan custom that sadly has swum the Atlantic now)

For everyone outside of America is the world who say Americans are rude and obnoxious. I have never seen Morrissey get heckled at a USA show. You Euros make me sick.

And equally you make us spew spreading your stupid shit like
Hey you do the math
Jacker lanterns
Trick or treat
The letter zee
Maccy Ds
Prom nights
Black Friday

This is England the home of fish and chips stand up and say NO to all this bollocks

I'm going to go out on a pretty sturdy limb here and say that he enjoys seeing responses—any responses—since that gives him the opportunity to use even more words. If the goal is anything other than wanting to see his words spread down the page like watery vomit, he's failed beyond miserably.

I can do short, Chickpea. Morrissey's whole career is hanging by a thread and he only has himself to blame.

Let me guess... You don't like that either.

Is tonight still on?

I can do short, Chickpea. Morrissey's whole career is hanging by a thread and he only has himself to blame.

Is tonight still on?

I've just had a call from a friend in Covent Garden she said there's people handing tickets out to people watching the the street artists for the 02 arena tonight, so I'm guessing if they can pass enough on its going ahead as planned.

In The Sun newspaper today there is a supplement "Jamie's best ever Christmas recipes" in the centre there is a a full page photo of a turkey to cut out and take along to tonight's meating with Morrissey performance at the 02

well done my Sun

Is tonight still on?

why in YOUR opinion is his whole career hanging by a thread.

Isn't there around 20000 people going to see him at the 02 tonight?

Is tonight still on?

Whether you're using 20 words or 2000, you still don't understand what the question was. It doesn't matter—the answer is obvious.

I will give you credit for being more obsessed with Morrissey than anyone I've ever encountered, though. Do you write these posts from a room in your basement plastered with photos of Moz with hearts drawn in blood over his eyes?

JB posts are simple retorts to Moz's trolling. They are a public service.

I have no idea what the context of what he's trying to communicate with that G&S cover but it sure is cool.

THANK YOU DocinWestchester! Especially enjoyed Smiler - must have been amazing live - and interesting what he did turning the light off himself during the instrumental portions of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom