Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg (Nov. 26, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / One Of Our Own / How Soon Is Now? / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Satlook.

Last edited:
If you think he's an imbecile why do you waste your time and words coming here to talk about him? I don't understand why someone who doesn't like Morrissey at all would come to a site all about him and talk about him. Truly bizarre.

I answered this question yesterday, dimwit.

This is where I get all Republican about anarchy and uprising.

10593004_788218054553298_7667788378276191174_n.jpg

They're animals, which must be why Morrissey likes them so much.

We had the same thing in London in 2011. A criminal who collected a gun to go and kill another criminal was stopped by the police and shot dead. Said criminal was then made out to be a saint, the family started their "No justice, no peace" Black Panther bullshit, complete with clenched fist salute, and the burning and looting began, 'cos nothing says social justice like stealing a 50" television and an X-Box and razing the store to the ground.

Having said this, I don't know where you have this from that you were mainly arguing with "Europeans". I remember the discussion and remember that mainly Irish were under that illusion, even though the Queen does in fact have more power than you claim she does.

Essen is also barely the insignificant city that you make it to be. It has 500,000 inhabintants, some of the country's billionaires live in the South of the city, one of the millionaires currently sitting in the jail for flights to work paid by the company, plus some of the most aggressive homeless junkies imaginable. It is in the middle sort of of the Rhein-Ruhr-which which together has about as many inhabitants as Greater London. I'd compare it to Manchester. Also in how it was transformed. Retailwise they have everything there. Think of Essen, the next time you visit Aldi or buy one of the Medion electronics products. Their Christmas market is the nicest and most enjoyable I've seen so far, and I usually don't particularly like Christmas markets.

What I do agree with however is that the people who go to these concerts either are total pricks and know exactly what he is about, which is a good thing, but unfortunatly there are STILL people who celebrate him for something he is not, totally unaware of anything except the hugs and quiff cliché. I just cannot hear that "disenfrenchised" bullshit anymore. The people who go to these concerts for the most part work in influencial positions in large companies. If you want to call the 1% disenfrenchised, well, there is certainly some truth to this, they are certainly different to the other 99%. loooool The people on here are very, very limited in their discussion ability, capacity, while representative of those who know what he is about, not entirely representative of... those who don't go to the concerts anymore.

There is something very noticable about you. Namely that you need to leave your little island more often. You are stuck in a bubble. A nationalistic one. An ugly nationalistic one. One that makes you comparable to any Nazi that ever existed. A nasty ugly person you are. As somebody else pointed out, Nazis are everywhere nowadays, and you are one of them. That your grandfather died in combat, doesn't make you any less so. It is no excuse for you being a total arsehole.

It's a shame you are too cowardly to sign in, but that's pretty normal on here these days, and I'll respond anyway. Unlike you, I am not afraid of defending my opinions.

I argued with several Scandanavians that day, and, unless I've missed the news the Republic of Ireland is very much part of Europe too. It had better be, as the UK taxpayer bailed it out to the tune of about ten billion quid not long ago, after the famous Tiger Economy of old Dublin Town fell on its arse. As far as I know we've not had it all back yet, either.

I care not a f*** about Essen, save the valid point that he is hawking his latest melody free drivel there on a Monday night, whereas earlier in his career he was selling out the Hollywood Bowl and Wembley Arena in minutes. Only in a Spinal Tap "rockumentary" could that be seen as a validation of his current career trajectory. Did Essen sell out?

I've travelled widely. Widely enough to know what is today a second rate crooner like Morrissey, who, had he fulfilled his early promise instead of throwing it away would be playing arenas, is misusing his diminishing powers to deceive the gullible (such as you) and incite violence, all from the comfort of a five star hotel room. I find that utterly nauseating, particularly as he does not have the balls to put himself in front of proper journalists.

There is a fascist associated with this forum, and that person is Morrissey. He has become a truly vile individual, who sees his role in life to lie and obfuscate in order to fill his pockets. He thinks nothing of storming off stage over the merest imagined slight, and letting down hundreds of people, many of whom would have spent considerable sums of money to see him. He hasn't done that just the once either. When he does so the apologists come on here to excuse his behaviour, because apparently this fifty-five year old grown man has the constitution of a newborn foal, and must not be criticised under any circumstances. Bollocks to that.

He is happy to pretend he has cancer, while he thinks nothing of insulting and using the deaths of terror victims in Utoya or even Holocaust victims. It is all grist to his perverted mill. If it sells tickets he's fine with it, and apparently, because you too are a moral vacuum, you are as well. That's fine.

I'm not OK with it, and I'll continue to say so.

Morrissey is so ignorant he thinks the Queen has political power, so believing Obama is responsible for the decisions of a Grand Jury is absolutely par for the course. He's an imbecile.

very odd to read this as it has all the markings of being posted from the real world. it was a state grand jury, obama has absolutely no power over it. the royal family are merely ceremonial.
in addition, eating meat is perfectly legal in every country in the world. billions, if not trillions, of people eat on a daily basis, without being arrested, in effect it is not murder.
stenciling private or public property is a crime, for which you can be fined and arrested.

What has he done for you and why would he bother with someone like you?

The president is not an artist you can cheer on no matter what, you must judge the president on what he achieves. I think Morrissey has every right to question is he is black or not but not in reference to the police investigation just generally. You cannot be serious when you describe him as the best ever president because he hasn't achieved anything that cannot be undone by a new president. He will not leave a mark other than being the first black president when the world chose to suddenly forget about his white mother. If the world ever had a ceremonial president then Obama was just that.

This is the part of your argument where when read my brain shuts down and says "NEXT." and moves on to ideas more worthwhile.

CG, what the f*** are you on about - 'he's enjoying his vestal virgins so he's winning, yo'. Are you trying to equate being a victim of police violence with the Jihadist idea that martyrs are waited on in Paradise by 72 virgins? Ending your fairly racist comment with a 'yo' just to emphasise the fact that Michael Brown was indeed black and not 'like us' Whites who don't speak in 'street' patois. because we're educated, don't you know...and don't have to walk the streets in fear of getting shot by police dressed like Darth Vader.

Nope to all of this. You unfortunately picked up one if my mind babies and it peed on me instead. This was not my intention and I can't explain it and shoulda kept it in the pigsty.

He likes to comment on white/black USA Obama racial tension crap every once in a while because his PR people are telling him he needs more blacks at his shows in the USA and buying his stuff on the Mporium and black fans are non existent outside of the USA. There is that accusation that he is a racist you know that it seems like he is always trying to play down.

If he made such a point recently of saying he is not american why does he care what goes on in America? None of the people he is ever seen in public with are black either.Any black musicians working with him ? He needs to get over himself.As a singer he has f***ed over his american audience and when he plays other countries each place he is at the time is always so much better than where he was.Never did appreciate his calling women fat yet claiming to be a feminist. Funny he is a white male.

1) Morrissey makes a disparaging remark as to Obsma's heritage implying the Ferguson Grand Jury decision was somehow within the President's authority to decide, and it provably wasn't, isn't, never has been and almost certainly never will be.

2) Morrissey fans leap to their idol's defence despite that very simple fact.

3) They then wonder why some of us think some of them are complete morons.

If he made such a point recently of saying he is not american why does he care what goes on in America? None of the people he is ever seen in public with are black either.Any black musicians working with him ? He needs to get over himself.As a singer he has f***ed over his american audience and when he plays other countries each place he is at the time is always so much better than where he was.Never did appreciate his calling women fat yet claiming to be a feminist. Funny he is a white male.

America seems to be coming to the realisation many Brits came to some years ago regarding Morrissey.

CG, what the f*** are you on about - 'he's enjoying his vestal virgins so he's winning, yo'. Are you trying to equate being a victim of police violence with the Jihadist idea that martyrs are waited on in Paradise by 72 virgins? Ending your fairly racist comment with a 'yo' just to emphasise the fact that Michael Brown was indeed black and not 'like us' Whites who don't speak in 'street' patois. because we're educated, don't you know...and don't have to walk the streets in fear of getting shot by police dressed like Darth Vader.
Nothing good happens if you charge a cop while he's on his way to dunkin' dounuts and try to grab his gun. You don't have to be educated to realize if a cop tells you to stop walking in the middle of the street you move to the sidewalk. Especially if you just robbed and beat up a store owner.

What they did release however was the testimony of all witnesses and they had multiple autopsies done by different people and they all concluded the same thing including that his arms were not up when he was shot. They also noted that from the first place he was shot to the place he fell to the ground was 20 feet away. If someone was standing with their arms up and got shot, the blood would all be in one place.. not a trail leading to where the officer was standing.

It's all in the transcript. I'm sure the rioters all read it before reacting.

Besides the fact that it was used as a hashtag rallying cry, the fact of whether or not his hands were up is irrelevant. The fact was that he was unarmed and fleeing. You can't shoot an unarmed, fleeing person. And your point about the blood trail is asinine. So a person gets shot and flees, but somehow drains all of their blood in one place?

I'm generally hesitant to side with Morrissey's typically ham-handed, hypocritical political remarks, but this time I think he's on point. Obama's statement was pathetic. He's had countless opportunities to stand up for the black community against the epidemic of the targeted police brutality and police killing of black people in America, but he hasn't done it once. Obama is a murderous, warmongering coward, and he will go down in history as such.

They're animals, which must be why Morrissey likes them so much.
Right now he's enjoying his vestal virgins so he's winning, yo.

You both are human garbage.

Last edited:
Besides the fact that it was used as a hashtag rallying cry, the fact of whether or not his hands were up is irrelevant. The fact was that he was unarmed and fleeing. You can't shoot an unarmed, fleeing person. And your point about the blood trail is asinine. So a person gets shot and drains all of their blood in one place?

I'm generally hesitant to side with Morrissey's typically ham-handed, hypocritical political remarks, but this time I think he's on point. Obama's statement was pathetic. He's had countless opportunities to stand up for the black community against the epidemic of the targeted police brutality and police killing of black people in America, but he hasn't done it once. Obama is a murderous, warmongering coward, and he will go down in history as such.

You are human garbage.
He must have had really long arms to be smashing the police car door on the cop while fleeing.

in addition, eating meat is perfectly legal in every country in the world. billions, if not trillions, of people eat on a daily basis, without being arrested, in effect it is not murder.

So what? Legal ≠ moral. Slavery was perfectly legal for a long time. A lot of bad things a legal before they become illegal, and a lot of good things are illegal before they become legal.

There are not trillions of people on the planet.

America seems to be coming to the realisation many Brits came to some years ago regarding Morrissey.

Hey Johnny, seriously. What is your goal? I've asked you this before, but you never answer.

If you deeply despise Morrissey, why do spend so much time thinking, reading and writing about him? What's the point? Why haven't you moved on?

Do you see yourself as some kind of superhero who has to put Morrissey back on track? Do you actually think that Morrissey reads your comments? Do you think that if he did, he'd decide to change and start pleasing you?

If the one you have to save isn't Morrissey, is it us? The fans? From what? Do you think that we're going to start some sort of dangerous revolution? Isn't that just... kind of... silly?

The whole thing just seems so utterly comical.

Well, there you go. Moz is actually making an intelligent comment on the "checks & balances" element of US government. He's saying the executive branch should "check" the judiciary, rather than defer to it (deference = butt-kissing, political up-sucking if you will, and defeats the "checks & balances" safeguard.)

Also, to the other person who said that "trillions" of people eat meat. Well, there are 7.1 billion people on the planet, many of them vegan, so do the math.

Here's some context: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=574969745982171

Morrissey says, "He (Darren Wilson) gets off -- surprise, surprise -- and Obama says we must accept the judge's decision. Why?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom