Anti - Monarchy Quotes

You can quote me.

They should all be burnt, face first.

Hope This Helps

These are both from wikiquote, not sure when they're from. Goodluck on essay :)

"I’m personally not fooled by the monarchy. Whereas one can set the Queen aside and acknowledge that she means a great deal to many people, that is not the case with the rest of the so-called Royal Family. We don’t need to support all those people. I’m not fooled by William or Harry, who just seem like arrogant, despicable people. They’re not of the modern world."

"Actually I despise royalty. I always have done. It's fairy story nonsense. The very idea of their existence in these days when people are dying daily because they don't have enough money to operate one's radiator in the house, to me is immoral. As far as I can see, money spent on royalty is money burnt. I've never met anyone who supports royalty, and believe me I've searched. Okay, so there's some deaf and elderly pensioner in Hartlepool who has pictures of Prince Edward pinned on the toilet seat, but I know streams of people who can't wait to get rid of them. It's a false devotion anyway. I think it's fascist and very, very cruel. To me there's something dramatically ugly about a person who can wear a dress for £6,000 when at the same time there are people who can't afford to eat. When she puts on that dress for £6,000 the statement she is making to the nation is: "I am the fantastically gifted royalty, and you are the snivelling peasants." The very idea that people would be interested in the facts about this dress is massively insulting to the human race"

Part of that is in 'The Smiths: Songs That Saved Your Life' by Simon Goddard (go out and buy it now, if you haven't already, it's fantastic). There is also a quote about the IRA brighton bombing when they tried to kill Thatcher. There might even be another monarchy quote inthere come to think of it.

Can't find the video just now but there was a good one on the Importance of being Morrissey where he says something about Charles above all being absolutely stupid and something to do with fox hunting - maybe someone here could give you the exact quote.

"I don't like royalty. Nobody can explain to me, clearly and fully, any useful function that they may serve. They're just rather pointless. And also, over recent years, I've had to devote so much money to the royal family, by law-- otherwise I have to go to prison-- and I don't see why, I don't like these people, they're silly".

thanks for all this guys, what on earth would I do without you! :D

Back
Top Bottom