Another reunion rumour

but he doesnt have to split it 4 ways right now , he makes his money and pays the staff their cut ..

Good point.

I think if Morrissey/Marr played shows, they'd be wildly successful. I'd go in a heartbeat!

The real gain would be like $75 million according to the reports last year. I doubt Morrissey makes half of that on tour now.

I doubt he'd do it for the money but you never know!

If you seriously thinks he makes anywhere near in the millions for his current tours you need to brush up on your maths. All you have to do is add up the ticket receipts and the artist doesn't take home the bulk of that anyway. Then take into account wages, hotel bills, travel, equipment hire, insurance costs, and that's just the obvious expenses. It's obviously not about the money or he would have reformed The Smiths by now.

If you seriously thinks he makes anywhere near in the millions for his current tours you need to brush up on your maths. All you have to do is add up the ticket receipts and the artist doesn't take home the bulk of that anyway. Then take into account wages, hotel bills, travel, equipment hire, insurance costs, and that's just the obvious expenses. It's obviously not about the money or he would have reformed The Smiths by now.

Danny-

That's exactly my point. I don't think Moz makes anywhere near the money they'd reportedly throw at him for a Moz/Marr reunion, which is rumored to be upwards of $75 million. Vivabob was saying Moz is doing well now on tour but I'm thinking he'd make MUCH more by touring with Johnny.

Good point.

I think if Morrissey/Marr played shows, they'd be wildly successful. I'd go in a heartbeat!

oh im saying that i dont want it and i am dead against it , but i too would be there like a shot . the singles box set , individual singles and 3 copies of the sound of the smiths backs up that statement ... but it doesnt mean i agree lol

I hope they never get back together.i cannot concieve of anything worse.

They would get pulled to pieces with comparisons from their heydays.

They are the past and should remain so.

i saw mike joyce in manchester yesterday, and asked him about the reunion. he said Morrissey and Marr were gunna do something with Rourke, but Mike was being left out.
he also sed that if they were to do it under the smiths banner then he would try to sue there arses

i saw mike joyce in manchester yesterday, and asked him about the reunion. he said Morrissey and Marr were gunna do something with Rourke, but Mike was being left out.
he also sed that if they were to do it under the smiths banner then he would try to sue there arses

Front-page this NOW!

Peter

sorry but most of that is fabricated, sorryi couldnt resist. i did see mike though but he was busy so i didnt talk to him, but thats wat he probably would of sed if i'd asked him

I really don't want The Smiths to reform. They would just be slagged off if they didn't live up to the actual days of The Smiths. People seem to assume that they would be just as good if not better but I don't think they would be. All I would be happy with is for Marr to perhaps appear at Morrissey's 50th birthday gig and maybe do one or two Smiths tracks for an encore with the rest of Morrissey's band, but apart from that...NO

Love PTxx.

Are you really studying at university?

Wow, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!!!! Get a life and stop living in this bubble that people arent allowed to make a joke on this forum about Morrissey or The Smiths;)
And Yes i am at Uni!!!!!

Last edited:
I really don't want The Smiths to reform. They would just be slagged off if they didn't live up to the actual days of The Smiths. People seem to assume that they would be just as good if not better but I don't think they would be. All I would be happy with is for Marr to perhaps appear at Morrissey's 50th birthday gig and maybe do one or two Smiths tracks for an encore with the rest of Morrissey's band, but apart from that...NO

Love PTxx.

Yes, I agree with everything you said... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom