Morrissey Central "Another one bites the dust." (January 3, 2023)

Screenshot_20221203-1503362.png

Related item:

I await every Friday with hope that an album track might release. If it does eventually come out, will there be any tracks leading up to it?
None of us have a clue at this point, sadly! (I mean, you'd have to assume that's what would happen, in the lead up to any release but given this album's history it could just appear with no fanfare at all, suddenly.)

Ahh, okay. Because you wrote it right next to the French dates fiasco I mistakenly believed he had released some for next year in the UK then deleted. I thought the list you wrote was in chronological order, basically. No worries!

None of us have a clue at this point, sadly! (I mean, you'd have to assume that's what would happen, in the lead up to any release but given this album's history it could just appear with no fanfare at all, suddenly.)
I checked my local record shop yesterday, no new single but I did find a rare copy of the wurzels combine harvester so it was all worth it

If a new single does come out I am expecting it to just randomly drop on spotify with no fanfare again, sadly

Well Morrissey, Low in High School was a rather dismal record, wasn't it. "Jackie's only happy when she gets off the stage."? So, Miley was employed to belt out a tune to give this latest effort a boost of sorts ? Then the "woman" changes it's mind and wants out? All after, you pulled the plug on your own record label, contract and promo co.? Was that it? You cancelled yourself ? New song title "I Cancelled Myself"! ,🙋
Mate I for one f***ing loved Low In High School and consider it to be some of his finest work. Bury The Living? Spent the Day in Bed? I Wish You Lonely? Home is a Question Mark? My Love I'd Do Anything For You? All 10/10 songs, and so is Jackie, too. and thats not even all the great songs on that album. And I don't care how derivative it is, Rebels Without Applause slaps. Get with it, Morrissey has still got it.
Why are you even on a dedicated Morrissey website if you're only going to try and fail to dunk on the guy? Does this sort of thing really give you satisfaction?

It really wasn't.
It was a poor LP, uneven with a couple of absolute shockers on there. I don’t think I’ve heard a song that says so little, so noisily, as Home is a Question Mark.

And I Bury the Living is so poor it makes me smile in disbelief—and then when it ends, it infuriates more because it briefly gets good.

Not his worst LP though, it is at least quite musically adventurous.

I kind of agree. Most Mozz albums and some Smiths, have always had 6-7 magnificent songs, with maybe 2-3 songs that I dislike.
This said, Mozz always does try something very different with each album, and for me it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t.

An example would be, the secret of music and the truth about Ruth, but go back a few songs to river clean, and that could be easily said that that is one of his best songs for some years.
Overall I’ve always found his albums
To be magnificent and a tad disappointing all at the same time.

I agree with you about Morrissey’s albums being a mixture of great & meh….

As for Once I Saw the River Clean…for me, it is a great-sounding track with really cool music…but the lyrics just don’t really stand as brilliant writing. Yes, he mentions childhood memories of buying cigarettes for his nan & Metal Guru for himself, but….so what? Personally, the words -or the overall song itself - aren’t up there with any of his great work.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom