Morrissey Central "Another one bites the dust." (January 3, 2023)

Screenshot_20221203-1503362.png

Related item:

who is still buying christmas songs in january,there is so many of these songs that it doesnt give a full reflection of a normal chart.

If Morrissey didn’t put out such trite then obviously the chart position would be higher. I mean “the game I play is older than America”. Come on, Up the game, don’t sing about it.

I think morrissey's music has gone downhill since jesse tobias joined the band, Alain is king and the best composer and sidekick for morrissey

His record label is listed as Morrissey. Does this mean the recording was probably a demo version, hence the sub standard production?.

His record label is listed as Morrissey. Does this mean the recording was probably a demo version, hence the sub standard production?.
It probably just means no-one has got a f***ing clue what is going on with him label-wise, and they had to put something, so they just put his name.

It‘s not a demo, either. That is the finished song. And it’s a bit shit, isn’t it?

you talkin' to me, broheem?
No, I’m talking about the lunatic who posted this on Central, thinking that pop charts are relevant for a marginalized indie artists in his sixties.

I don't understand this, why is Central posting a chart from a month ago, in the form of a screenshot lifted from FWD?

I don't understand this, why is Central posting a chart from a month ago, in the form of a screenshot lifted from FWD?
Probably the result of a vodka fueled trawling of the Internet. Tours finished, no album to promote. Its one way of passing the long winter evenings.

This will no doubt be seen as slagging off Capital. Not good when the album is yet to even be released, if it ever will.

My Facebook pages are littered with thank you for your support messages and what's coming up in 2023 from bands that I follow. All I saw from Morrissey was a link to Mporium advertising a sale. He literally does f*** all to help keep himself relevant, so why does he expect a higher chart placing?

Last edited:
I don't think there is any coming back from the events of 2022
At first, it looked like this would be a great year for Morrissey, but he f***ed it all up as usual. In no particular order-
The live shows were going great, he starts canceling, even walked off the stage.
He got a record deal, then starts endlessly whining that is majesty is not being properly respected.
Announces dates or announces dates will be announced, backtracked on the UK dates, never mentioned the France dates again.
Fires his management
Fires his record company
That cringe interview with Fiona
Other cringe Fiona things
Fiona goes after Miley Cyrus on twitter
Morrissey complains about Miley Cyrus on Central
Morrissey apparently breaks an agreement to leave her uncredited which starts an avalanche of legal bullshit
Miley Cyrus ignores him
He can't get his record distributed
He is recording another album with no idea how it will be distributed
He is just poison now, he has ruined everything he's touched

Did he agree to do any mainstream media appaearances? Did he agree to any online promo, eg a Q and A, or interviewed on Youtube etc? There's so many things he could've done and I get the feeling certain things were suggested and he snubbed them because he thinks he's more worthy. It's the same old story and I just cannot accept that every management company and record company that he's dealt with want to deliberately do as little promo as possible and 'burn' their own artist when it's in their interests to make as much money as possible!

At first, it looked like this would be a great year for Morrissey, but he f***ed it all up as usual. In no particular order-
The live shows were going great, he starts canceling, even walked off the stage.
He got a record deal, then starts endlessly whining that is majesty is not being properly respected.
Announces dates or announces dates will be announced, backtracked on the UK dates, never mentioned the France dates again.
Fires his management
Fires his record company
Morrissey apparently breaks an agreement to leave her uncredited which starts an avalanche of legal bullshit
Miley Cyrus ignores him
Weirdly, the entire world seems to be adopting the Morrissey ‘red-button’ approach to inconvenience, disagreement and frustration. Members on this site (though it has never been a place of harmony) now seem equally disposed to nuclear options, judging from several posts I’ve just read.

Many artists, at this stage in their career, can rely on their live performances to maintain some profile—so he’d do well repair his reputation for playing truant. Obviously he won’t though: those France and Belgium dates will surely get the two fingered salute?

Fires his management
Fires his record company
Miley Cyrus ignores him
Kill Nephew

Fires his management
Fires his record company
Miley Cyrus ignores him
Prosecution and judge. Though more Judge Judy than Judge Jeffreys.

Weirdly, the entire world seems to be adopting the Morrissey ‘red-button’ approach to inconvenience, disagreement and frustration. Members on this site (though it has never been a place of harmony) now seem equally disposed to nuclear options, judging from several posts I’ve just read.

Many artists, at this stage in their career, can rely on their live performances to maintain some profile—so he’d do well repair his reputation for playing truant. Obviously he won’t though: those France and Belgium dates will surely get the two fingered salute?
I don't know if I'm one of the "red button" brigade.

He should sit himself down and have a quiet word with himself. If he can't accept that the music industry has changed massively since his first contract with Rough Trade, no one owes him a living or going to promote his career on the same level as Swift or Sheeran, then he might as well pack it in and just do a greatest hits tour every couple of years.

I think morrissey's music has gone downhill since jesse tobias joined the band, Alain is king and the best composer and sidekick for morrissey
Oh really. That's your poor thinking ? You blame some one alse for your own down fall what a mediocre mind.

Did he agree to do any mainstream media appaearances? Did he agree to any online promo, eg a Q and A, or interviewed on Youtube etc? There's so many things he could've done and I get the feeling certain things were suggested and he snubbed them because he thinks he's more worthy. It's the same old story and I just cannot accept that every management company and record company that he's dealt with want to deliberately do as little promo as possible and 'burn' their own artist when it's in their interests to make as much money as possible!
This definitely. He got a chance to record a new album with a high profile producer and guests.
But he refused to do any promotion for it, instead claimed to be going to work on the next album just at the time that Bonfire would be released.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom