Another interesting Smiths LP on Ebay?

roky

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My guess is it's a tp of a boot of a bbc transcription disc.

Yeah, it doesn't look like Grim's. I contacted him about this and he was at a lost to, and thinks it is pretty fishy. I am thinking it might be a counterfeit. Why would the BBC press a record that isn't for sale, and only leased be pressed on purple vinyl. And why would they press 14 and number them? Quite a mystery.

Stephane, any thought? Beau, if you are still here, any thought?

I have no idea what this is. If it was the test pressing of a BBC LP, it would not be on purple vinyl. And I don't see why it would be numbered.

With all the bootleg reproductions on coloured vinyl that has come out in the last 3 years, this could be something else in that vein.

I actually think it's just a bootleg made to look like something more collectible. I would not go for it myself.

Stephane

I have no idea what this is. If it was the test pressing of a BBC LP, it would not be on purple vinyl. And I don't see why it would be numbered.

With all the bootleg reproductions on coloured vinyl that has come out in the last 3 years, this could be something else in that vein.

I actually think it's just a bootleg made to look like something more collectible. I would not go for it myself.

Stephane
I was thinking the same thing. The purple vinyl and the numbering threw up a red flag.

I think it looks well dodgy and agree with the comments above (why purple, why number it etc...)

On a slightly related topic.... back in 2007 Beau valued a genuine transcription disc at $300-$500 I wonder what everyone's thoughts would be as to the value of one today?

I paid £250 for mine a year or so ago, but the seller listed it really badly, so I think I got it for a bargain. I have the Oxford LP, you don't see many for sale, but I've never seen a Kilburn Ballroom for sale.

Dave

I think it looks well dodgy and agree with the comments above (why purple, why number it etc...)

On a slightly related topic.... back in 2007 Beau valued a genuine transcription disc at $300-$500 I wonder what everyone's thoughts would be as to the value of one today?

I paid £250 for mine a year or so ago, but the seller listed it really badly, so I think I got it for a bargain. I have the Oxford LP, you don't see many for sale, but I've never seen a Kilburn Ballroom for sale.

Dave
You know, I have only seen 1 for sale. I forgot what it went for. I would imagine it is one of those items that are made in so few numbers, it would be hard to put a price on. I don't think they list them on top 100 list because people are not supposed to have them.

Back
Top Bottom