Another fan speaks out

Oh look - she managed to get the words 'white privilege' in there! :rolleyes:

More seriously, at least this person seems to have come to a slightly more reasonable conclusion than most of the triggered SJW brigade - that it was always 'the songs that saved my life, not the man.' Never have heroes - they don't exist in real life - people are assholes, universally. Love art - not the artist.

I do find it very strange that we live in such politically polarised times, that people can be a fan of an artists musical output for decades, then the second they say something they disagree with about immigration or sexual assault, they suddenly feel the need to throw all their records on the fire, and never listen to them again. When did people become so delicate and fragile, that they can only appreciate art by people who share their political views? It's friggin' weird, man.

Why is this considered 'off-topic', by the way? It's an article about Morrissey.

Oh look - she managed to get the words 'white privilege' in there! :rolleyes:

More seriously, at least this person seems to have come to a slightly more reasonable conclusion than most of the triggered SJW brigade - that it was always 'the songs that saved my life, not the man.' Never have heroes - they don't exist in real life - people are assholes, universally. Love art - not the artist.

I do find it very strange that we live in such politically polarised times, that people can be a fan of an artists musical output for decades, then the second they say something they disagree with about immigration or sexual assault, they suddenly feel the need to throw all their records on the fire, and never listen to them again. When did people become so delicate and fragile, that they can only appreciate art by people who share their political views? It's friggin' weird, man.

'they suddenly feel the need to throw all their records on the fire
,'

wonder if he'll make a statement of explanation the way John Lennon did when 'fans' took wrongly what he said and started doing public Beatles record burnings. And that was in the 60's !!! people really have not evolved much since then. How sad.

She seems very grounded and self aware. Her tumblr reveals her to be a very honest and down to earth, sharing her experiences of life. Very good reads.

Do you hear anyone express their experiences of real life here? It is rare but when it happens, that's when you see a sliver of another morrissey fan and how they have felt the music, how it shapes them, good or bad.

Asked my dad if his white skin ever generated any privilege in life and he said no. You would have to been a white dutchman in South Africa way back in time to have any kind of privilege but nowadays they are all getting slaughtered cause they are white.

Asked my dad if his white skin ever generated any privilege in life and he said no. You would have to been a white dutchman in South Africa way back in time to have any kind of privilege but nowadays they are all getting slaughtered cause they are white.

Real life is not uni life so grow up and lose that chip on your shoulder cause the privileged ones are people like you who never worked a single day of your lives.
Rise white people rise don't believe the lies!

White male privilege is real. How else do you think I got this job flipping burgers for minimum wage in McDonalds?

You are the only black person on this forum, congratulations!
Not black, but definitely not denying white privilege exists. Just because a phrase doesn't make sense to some people, or they associate it with those awful awful SJW liberal types does not mean it isn't real. I can explain it for people, but I can't understand it for them.

Not black, but definitely not denying white privilege exists. Just because a phrase doesn't make sense to some people, or they associate it with those awful awful SJW liberal types does not mean it isn't real. I can explain it for people, but I can't understand it for them.
You are generalising and it doesn't apply to all whites and you know it so come back when you cleared your mind out from weed dude.

You are the only black person on this forum, congratulations!

Don't talk about your relations that way, bro.

Your ancestors came from Africa as well Mats!

You need to learn yourself some evolution instead of playing banjo with your 12 fingers!

Take a DNA test why don't you- you'll get a shock when you find out you granny is half Congolese. Ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom