Another fake on Ebay

That's so fake it's hilarious. Looks nothing like anything i have signed, and I have 2 different sigs of his. Why do these f***ing retards keep trying to sell this crap knowing they'll get busted by us? What's with these f***in people?

Last edited:
Please remember that Morrissey has been signing autographs for 25 years. His signature has changed quite a bit during that time, in phases. Just because it doesn't look like the signature you got while accosting him at The Cat & Fiddle in '02 doesn't mean it's not authentic.

Youre right of course Beau but Andy,Mike and Jonnys are still basically the same so i still reckon its a fake dont you? Id also want it to be signed around the time of its release as i think its more authentic.

Please remember that Morrissey has been signing autographs for 25 years. His signature has changed quite a bit during that time, in phases. Just because it doesn't look like the signature you got while accosting him at The Cat & Fiddle in '02 doesn't mean it's not authentic.
Im well aware of that man, but my goodness gracious have we seen ALOT of shitty fake's lately? As I've said, for someone who's a notorious recluse, and not in alot of places for folks to get stuff signed, how is so much of this stuff supposedly "signed" by him?

The record comes w/ a "certificate of authenticity". LOL! That means absolutely NOTHING. Anyone can print up COA's.

I've never quite understood the attraction of signed items that weren't obtained by oneself. I mean, maybe if someone (third party) got an autographed item that was actually personalized to you on your behalf. Even then it would mean slightly less to me. Plus it removes all doubt about authenticity.

Additionally, I think autographs are somewhat boring (not in all cases). I once stumbled across a site that a guy had posted some "signings" he'd obtained that were at least unique. Instead of asking for a plain old autograph, he would request that the person draw a quick caricature of themselves. It was pretty cool and I can totally dig that. I seem to recall he had a Robyn Hitchock, Paul Weller and Johnny Rotten amongst others. Even if I wasn't being original, I always thought I'd want to do that instead of getting a sig.

The only autograph I have that I didn't obtain myself is from Wattie from The Exploited back in '88 (banned jesus Is Dead cover). It was obtained by a guy I knew at a shop so it still seemed cool to me. I was less principled back then... (not to mention less boring ;) )

Back
Top Bottom