Another brand new Morrissey song played at the soundcheck!

Maurice E

Someone mentioned hearing a new composition (or at least the music to it) being played at the soundcheck earlier on in the tour. Well, 'Greg' heard this song the other night too and gives a description below (which I've taken from the KC review).
Must say, this is turning out to be the most interesting tour since 2002 with fantastic solo and Smiths gems being played for the first time in 15-20 years, and a smattering of brand new songs, one of which features an accordion part. Is Moz hoping to be the new Divine Comedy!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I heard the soundcheck for the show last night while I was in line for the KC show yesterday. The band sans Moz ran through "Disappointed", "Let Me Kiss You", "Playboys" and a song that I didn't recognize with a prominent accordian line. A couple of minutes later I heard the band with Morrissey run through "All You Need Is Me" and "Playboys" and well as this song I didn't recognize. It sounded great with his vocals, and the accordian sounded. I only remember the chorus kept mentioning the word "people". I'm not sure if this was a brand new song being soundchecked or perhaps a cover, but I just thought I'd drop you a line to keep an eye out for something new in a future setlist.
-Greg

Perhaps it's blink-182's "People, People, People"?

people, people, people
where's the love in this world?
people, people, people
where's the love in this world?
because you're all my brothers and sisters
we all love with one heart
so why won't some girl suck my cock?

Never heard it, but it sounds like a winner. :)

"Get Off The Stage" has an accordion or something that sounds like one. However the word "people" is not in the lyrics. It's possible that "Certain People..." played on a keyboard might sound like an accordion. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Joey

ha! it would be funny if he was doing a cover of the zombie musical some people i know wrote:

"people people, we're gonna eat'em
people people, we're gonna eat 'em"

ha! it would be funny if he was doing a cover of the zombie musical some people i know wrote:

"people people, we're gonna eat'em
people people, we're gonna eat 'em"

I wanna see it...what is the name of this???

I wanna see it...what is the name of this???

unfortunately, you can't "see" it since it's run is over.

however, there is a cast recording:

Bitten!

The song i'm thinking of is called "Zombies, Unite!"

i'm actually a member of the zombie choir in some of those songs.

I'm letting you all know now:

IF his majesty plays:

"Black Eyed Susan" @ any of the four shows I'll be attending...expect the PIMP to freak the f*** out. Thats my all time favorite Morrissey song. I'll shit myself 10 times over if he plays this gem.:)

during the soundcheck in sparks, the band & moz ran through a song that neither dirk nor i recognized, either. if it were a b-side or moz rarity, at least one of the two of us would've known it...but yes, we didn't know whether it was a new song or cover. new song, i hope!

there was indeed either a new song or a cover i don't recognize played at the Austin soundcheck, we all got close to the fences to listen and no one in the immediate area of the line i was in recognized it. could be working on it before playing.

another odd note some people that were at the Dallas show mentioned that Lucky Lisp was soundchecked at Dallas but not played, however in Austin it was indeed soundchecked and played.

Re: for HIM

Yep - there's a new song coming. The band soundchecked it instrumentally in Dallas, then Morrissey joined in on vocals in Austin. The chorus sounded something like 'That's how people find love' but to be honest we were all debating the exact lyric afterwards - it was tough to hear. I thought we were going to get it in Austin, as Morrissey did say we were getting 2 'extra' songs as the backdrop wasn't present, so no videos, and the intro music CD skipped. One of those 'extra' tracks turned out to be the re-introduced 'Lucky Lisp', so I thought the other might be the new song, but it turned out not to be...

New album on the way though I guess with this and 'All you Need Is Me'...

Why do people care so much ahead of time? It seems like this big huge race to uncover as much as possible...it almost ruins the magic that is to come. Why don't we just let it happen, surprise us, without speculating and stressing over everything? It's like those people who think they're "true fans" if they have every single bootleg of ever single musician in order to validate their devoutness...

Why do people care so much ahead of time? It seems like this big huge race to uncover as much as possible...it almost ruins the magic that is to come. Why don't we just let it happen, surprise us, without speculating and stressing over everything? It's like those people who think they're "true fans" if they have every single bootleg of ever single musician in order to validate their devoutness...

A large percentage of this forum's members are here because they either want to be, or to have sex with, Morrissey. Most of the rest of us are here for the bootlegs and/or collectibles, including being the first kid on the block to hear a new song. Then there's some weird third category for people like Robby.

If you don't care about this new song business, don't waste [y]our time ranting about it in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom