Annoying supermarket customers

Revol

Well I work as a cashier at Sainsbury's so lord knows I've experienced my share of customers who have irritated the hell out of me. Here are some more common ones:

- Customers who come to your till whilst you're cleaning the belt which they can clearly see. They put their shopping down whilst you're still doing it. THEN they complain that the belt's wet!
- People waiting behind your current customer who, while you're busy dealing with your current customer, tell you things which they should tell you when you actually serve them. "I have three bags for life", "I want these shirts putting through first". Tell me when it's your turn, can't you see I'm busy!
- Idiots who act as if it's your fault that an offer doesn't show up on your monitor. Surely these people are smart enough to realise that I only operate the damn thing, I didn't actually build it!
- People who talk to you and look at you as if you've just insulted a dead family member of theirs when you tell them you don't have enough money in your till to give them cashback. Surely it's not that hard to just accept I only have £30 left and just draw out £50 in the ATM outside?
- Morons getting whiny if you forget to put one Nectar point on their bill for bringing one bag.
- The klutzes who the first items they put on the belt is a load of big pop bottles or crates of beer piled on top of each other, resulting in my monitor being pushed 90 degrees and everything getting knocked over.

Well I could go on for days but for now here's my share. So give us some examples of people who anger you greatly in supermarkets.

i dislike greatly people with many coupons at the cashier, and people who just let their stupid kids run around.

Once I saw an obnoxious elderly woman at decesed Safeway now Morrisons who was buying reduced price goods, but demanded service as if she's shopping at Harrod's. :rolleyes:

Ones who "park" their cart (trolley?) right in the middle of the aisle.

I hate the people who use the wheelchair carts because they're too f***ing fat to walk, while meanwhile my grandmother who can barely stand and has no meat on her bones whatsoever had to use a regular cart and stop every five seconds to catch her breath. :mad:

My signature pretty much sums up life on the tills in a supermarket.

The huge carts they make for children- they're like little cars and you can fit two brats in it. They yell and shriek and you can't get your cart past them. And the mother just tries to plow through you, as if you aren't there!

Last edited:
I used to work at a supermarket and they would make us clean all the time. I wouldn't have minded had the store not been so disgusting. Once they tried to make me clean up all the dead rats (most grocery store have them :sick:) and I refused. Another time someone took a shit on the on the wall--yes on the wall--and they tried to make me clean it.

I also work at Sainsburys but I do online shopping so I'm walking around collecting items for people who shop online and customers always moan that my trolley is in their way and expect people do online shopping when the store is closed.

I don't understand why elderly people have to shop on a Saturday, they are retired and have the whole week to do their shopping but no they have to choose the busiest day of the week don't they.:mad:

Kids are the worst, running around, knocking things off shelves, taking things out of my trolley, etc. I remember once I had my boxes stacked up on my trolley and I tried to push it forwards but it seemed it was stuck so I try forcing it forward and I hear this kid crying, then I go and see if he's okay and he's lying on his back and his mother comes over and starts yelling at me. These parents should be watching their kids the whole time not letting them run off. How was I supposed to know the reason my trolley was stuck was because of a kid, I didn't even see him.:mad:

There are some annoying customers when I go to the liquor store, you can quote me on that. Make a n*88a like me have to grab my strap and show some stupid compton bitch where the f*** it's at.

The huge carts they make for children- they're like little cars and you can fit two brats in it. They yell and shriek and you can't get your cart past them. And the mother just tries to plow through you, as if you aren't there!

Those suckers are a bitch to push and navigate thru a grocery store! :rolleyes: I don't try to run anyone over with the princess/butterfly cart my girls always want :p

Those suckers are a bitch to push and navigate thru a grocery store! :rolleyes: I don't try to run anyone over with the princess/butterfly cart my girls always want :p

Aw, Corrissey, YOU wouldn't be an inconsiderate shopper! Those carts do look heavy and unwieldy. But I guess it keeps the kids from wandering through the store, so that's a good thing.

I still work at a certain all natual, high end supermarket and could tell you countless stories about horrible customers being rude, insulting, etc.

But right now, said supermarket itself can kiss my ass and go fly a bloody kite for the injustice they have just caused. I am livid.

I worked at grocery store when I was young. I'd loved when people on foodstamps would buy lobster and $50.00 worth of cigarette. They don't have money for food, but they have money for their cigarettes! I surprised welfare doesn't pay for them. They get everything else for free. My parents raised me wrong. I should of have kids when I was 16, that way the state would give me health & dental insurance, pay my rent and food, and pay for a college education.

I worked at grocery store when I was young. I'd loved when people on foodstamps would buy lobster and $50.00 worth of cigarette. They don't have money for food, but they have money for their cigarettes! I surprised welfare doesn't pay for them. They get everything else for free. My parents raised me wrong. I should of have kids when I was 16, that way the state would give me health & dental insurance, pay my rent and food, and pay for a college education.

jen your still young x ;)

People who insist on giving the cashier the EXACT money! This is turning into an Anti-Pensioner Thread, but it's true.....

.."They have change in the till you clapped out coffin dodger"...:mad::p

I once had a blind or partially sighted man with a guide dog get annoyed with me because i seemed to have more then '10 items' in my basket. As it was sunday morning and it was fairly empty, I said you could go to the next till. He mumbled away, then when i had gone outside and was on the other side of the road, he was on the other side of the zebra crossing shouting out to me....."your a c**t!" :D

I used to work in a supermarket, i was carrying a box and skidded on something and my elbow hit this woman, so i turned around and said sorry...I didn't see who it was though. later A manager asked me what i had done? I told him what happen. He said she was a professional ballerina and she may not be able to work for months.:o

I must say i do find the staff in sainsburys more friendly then Tescos. Who seem to forget to tell me how much the totally of the goods i am buying.

Customers who are rude and take out their bad mood on the staff, which they would never dare to do anywhere else....
and justify it by saying
"The customer is always right"

yeah, Right Moron
:mad:

I hate when I am in line and the old people hit me with their shopping cart... It is like they are trying to push me to go faster through the line and I can not move because there is another person in front of me...

Back
Top Bottom