Anne Marie Waters tweets NME article about Morrissey backing

An anonymous person posted (original post):

Well, it looks like Anne Marie Waters considers Morrissey a supporter:

Morrissey backs anti-Islam politician Anne Marie Waters during 6 Music session http://po.st/s5eQV6 via @NME

40896_Moz-920x584.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
From a friend I sent this to "This guy is very basic ,what a twerp .
The reason Muslims get bad press in the west is due to the media being zionist /christian lead. The reason they are given a bad press is our western governments (uk and USA mostly) want the oil in the middle east . Israel wants the land.
The religion isn't an issue people using it for bad things is.. If the extreme catholic, christian and jewish set had their way gay marriage would be banned . Being gay would be a crime, again. We are still debating womens rights on birth in USA and Ireland , in 2017 . This pillock says "peado prophet" yet there is no talk about such things in that religion, Virgin doesn't = child - in terms of peado crimes the Catholic church and English government win hands down. This cretin goes on about terror world wide , yet Christian Bush and Christian Blair bombed men , women and animals by the thousand over and over .
Its all a hoax . M knows its a hoax , the sad thing is he is happy to be a mouth piece for this crap . Mainly as his career is the state its in,. also he is being used, again"

f***'s sake. I despair of all this 'My God's better than your God' shite.

Jello had it right.

Just so you know, Anonymous, MatthewJones123, TimAllenJr, ans IKnowItsOver284 above, are all the same person, doing what Nazis do, posting multiple times under different names to make it look like there's a ton of people supporting this person. There aren't.

Good work, as usual, sir. Many thanks for this.

f***'s sake. I despair of all this 'My God's better than your God' shite.

Jello had it right.

Or as the good prophet John said,

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace"

I may not agree with you often, but on this you are 100% spot-on.

Have you ever agreed with me before?

LOL

Must be a first. I feel guilty for the elements in here. Maybe my style in recent years made some feel they could come here and behave like that. I know no one believes me but my past comments were piss taking of the highest order, sometimes banter and most of the time tongue in cheek.

I am so fed up with racism and hate and things getting in the way of a world trying to create something good.

Nothing good ever came from religion.

Except for a majority of the masterpieces of art history and classical music. And Dante and Milton. Oh yeah, and the Hindu epics, Zen poetry, Rumi's verse, etc. etc. etc.

I agree that religion creates a lot of problems in the world, but it has inspired a lot of great art!!

Anybody who discusses Islamic extremism without an understanding of its driving ideology, Wahhabism, has no leg to stand on in this debate. And anybody with even the slightest knowledge of Wahhabism (by virtue of the fact that they know what Wahhabism is at all) knows that it's a relatively-recent offshoot of Islam, which is as much an intrinsic part of "Muslim society" as another relatively-recent religious development, Christian fundamentalism, is an intrinsic part of Christianity.

Incidentally, when that photograph posted above showing women in pre-revolutionary Iran was taken, Iran was still a "Muslim society". It was just a different kind of Muslim society to the one that it is today.

Great stuff.

I never before realised you were as good as this. I underestimated you and, for that, I apologise. Sincerely, I do :)

And this idiot is a big part of the problem right here. Whenever you try and have a sensible debate on this subject and the second you say you have some concerns over Islam ideology you are automatically branded a Nazi and it's a BIG problem as to why people discuss this subject 'in private.'

The minute you try and have a public debate about it you have Leftwing tossers like this dude calling you a Nazi, a racist, an Islamophobe etc.

Yes, it's terrible when insults and prejudice block serious discussions about a sensitive matter. I think it's a defensive intelligence tactic sustained by leaders of terrorist groups. It's obvious they even pay to media groups to achieve that objective posing like victims when in fact they promote acts that are considered crimes in most of the world. If an extremist group of catholics would like to impose a new inquisition to the rest of the world I'm sure most catholics and christians would be the first to react against it, as they already did.

Except for a majority of the masterpieces of art history and classical music. And Dante and Milton. Oh yeah, and the Hindu epics, Zen poetry, Rumi's verse, etc. etc. etc.

I agree that religion creates a lot of problems in the world, but it has inspired a lot of great art!!

This is indeed true, though could be incidental to the time and place. I read a great book on Islamic Mathematicians by Jim Al-Khalili. Astounding stuff. But I'm sure their talent was incidental and separate to their religion, though there was a bunch of them in Iraq, Uzbekistan, etc. at the same time.

*EDIT* - this is the book...

https://www.amazon.com/Pathfinders-Golden-Age-Arabic-Science/dp/1846141613

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For some people paedophilia is art as well.

No, it's definitely your turn to do the checking. Let me know whether you would prefer to find countries that have or lack equality in terms of inheritance law and I might give you a couple of hints to help you with your research.
Is this for real? Are you defending sharia law by using civil law as your example for your own argument? Because if not, that's what the conversation between you two sounds like. Sharia law is not the same as any given country's sovereign inheritance law, and under sharia law, a son does inherit twice as much as a daughter. However this point of inheritance is precisely nobody's main point of opposition to the proposed wider implementation of sharia law in Western countries.

Calling people you don't know losers is part of the problem you mention and maybe it is only adding to it. If people see themselves as loser they become losers and start living like losers. The losers will probably see you as a loser and then everyone is a loser and we end up in a world with losers.

What should we do with losers and who will decide which people are losers and who are not?

Not so wise words from a loser.

I don't have that kind of power. More importantly, you're highlighting a point that has always fascinated me. The focus should never be on what other people think of you. When it comes to making wise political decisions you should choose the candidate and platform that covers meaningful issues and not just one.

What I, and others think of you should not matter at all. This is something juveniles worry about, it's not something adults are supposed to worry about.

I'm not calling you conservative, but as aside I've noticed that conservatives tend to care what liberals think of them. Liberals don't take conservative criticism seriously and instead focus on protection and influencing the culture.

Until conservatives stop caring what liberal voters think of them they we will remain sitting ducks for terrible politicians.

People like to talk about the death of this or that. What we're really witnessing is the death of substance and substance has been on life support for decades. There are few adults anymore. People have become petty and infantile.

I hate to say it, but as a white person I am embarrassed of white people who moan about their imaginary persecution. It just proves the critics right.

White people have criticized every other race and culture and have been lecturing the world about how they should live for decades. The minute they face any cultural criticism in return they collapse in a swoon.

I even went through some of that in my own head when I was young and naive, so I get the impulse. I also understand that it was mainly due to my petty tribal instincts and inflated ego.

I grew out of it because I realized it's not imoportant nor is it a threat to my existence. I simply don't care. Policy is what matters to me.

It's why I can't have much sympathy for the so called working class. Too many of them have done it to themselves. They've made religious and cultural issues more important than any other issue, and then they want to complain about their shrinking income.

Working class populism has really become a cover for racial and cultural animosity. It's why so many conservatives loved the government goodies but turned against those programs the minute Democrats became the party of Civil Rights.

They've been paying for it ever since.

Is this for real? Are you defending sharia law by using civil law as your example for your own argument? Because if not, that's what the conversation between you two sounds like. Sharia law is not the same as any given country's sovereign inheritance law, and under sharia law, a son does inherit twice as much as a daughter. However this point of inheritance is precisely nobody's main point of opposition to the proposed wider implementation of sharia law in Western countries.

I don't really have an argument, and this is no environment for a reasoned debate. I was invited to disprove the proposition that all Muslim countries enforce an unequal distribution of inheritance between sons and daughters which is what I did. It's perfectly true that Sharia law is not the exact same thing as national law. That's precisely what makes it a red herring to begin with.

proposed wider implementation of sharia law in Western countries.

There's possibly a few examples where wider implementation of Sharia law would be a good idea. For example, the legal recognition of Muslim marriages. But can you be specific about what you are referring to? Who exactly is proposing what?

"Islamic Mathematics" was taken from the Greeks, a country Islam invaded and colonized. (Mostly Aristotle.)

Zen( Buddhism) and Hinduism is as ridiculous as any other religion to say nothing of their texts figure out whats the sound of one hand clapping and you enter....nowhere . Vishnu.. Shiva...LOL FFS

Dante puts the philosophers in Limbo. Dante was clearly insane. What else? Rummi, sophomoric nonsense.
The we get to the Koran........

Some interesting debate and interaction here. Please keep in mind that it’s all bullshit.

One religious persuasion is no better than another. They’re all equally daft.

Sky fairies and relates literature as a means of persuasion? LOL!

Your whole problem is that you're imagining that it consists in a long unalterable list of things that all Muslims do or believe. For most Muslims, "Do you subscribe to Sharia?" is basically the same question as "Are you a Muslim?" So, if someone answers "Yes", then that undoubtedly means they are a Muslim. But it doesn't tell you anything specific about their attitude to domestic violence, torture or whatever. And it doesn't help or make sense to insist on imposing your own interpretation of what a Muslim ought to be, particularly if you got it off a far-right politician.

So, for example, to Quran has a bit in it which is against music, and there is a fairly small minority of Muslims who avoid music because of that. But most are quite happy to listen to music, just like most Christians are quite happy to take out loans and eat prawns, even though both things are forbidden by the Bible.

That's an impressive bit of mind-reading there. Other than that, I'm glad that you responded.

I don't believe the list, as you put it, is unalterable. That would put me in the same camp as religious reactionaries and ignorant right-wing pundits. I've spoken with secular people who happen to be muslim. They take a cafeteria approach to islam: they keep what works for them while disregarding the rest. With regard to issues like domestic violence, torture, and "whatever" there's plenty of information available that should give one pause about the so-called religion of peace. The frequency of female genital mutilation. The percentage of individuals in muslim-majority countries who believe that killing non-combatants in the name of their faith is acceptable. The demand that religious laws supersede secular ones. Acceptance of death threats against authors of fiction.

I make no claim as to what a muslim ought to be. That there are muslims who listen to music, take out loans with interest. These are elements that are encouraging for a secular person living in the twenty-first century. I expect nothing of a person who happens to be muslim that I wouldn't be okay with myself: to treat people with dignity and generosity, that any individual holds the same inherent rights as another by virtue of being alive, to help those in need. There's more to that list, of course. And the list of items I've written above about islam still stand. It seems we're in agreement that sharia and islam are generally of a piece. Where we disagree is the acknowledgment of what islam in practice means: the infantilization of girls and women, violence towards girls and women, shaming and violence directed at queer people, death to apostates and those who criticize the prophet. And so on. What can be done about all that? I'd like to know, along with plenty of other secular humanists who are aware that this is only the latest iteration of these atrocities.

Best,

S.

Tags
for britain
Back
Top Bottom