Anna Calvi

G

goinghome

A young lady to watch out for::guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
She's truly incredible, I haven't been this excited about a new artist for a long time.

Her record is just sublime.

Her herself comes across as very eloquent and intelligent without any sign of pretentiousness

....Been reading a Lot lately about this Lady....Finally, I've heard her......
Ho-Hum....just off to dust down my old "Siouxsie and the Banshees" albums.....

Great debut album, probably going to be one of the best albums of the year (already!!) Particualrly like Suzanne and I but think the whole record is quite inspired.

I listened to a few of her songs yesterday and I have to say I am really excited. Think I'll buy the album.

I found out about her yesterday because Johnny Marr tweeted about her. From what I have heard on youtube and itunes I like the sound of her music.

Just noticed this thread. I've been listening to Anna Calvi for the last few months and she is a rare talent. It isn't often that a young artist gives me hope, but we may well have a case in hand here?

She is headlining the NME (bleurgh) Radar Tour with some band called Grouplove and another non-entity called Big Deal. I expect another act will be announced shortly. Tickets are £9 plus the usual. Tour calls at the following venues:

Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms (May 1)
Bristol Thekla (2)
Nottingham Rescue Rooms (3)
York Fibbers (5)
Hull University (6)
Manchester Academy 3 (7)
Glasgow King Tut's Wah Wah Hut (9)
Liverpool O2 Academy2 (10)
Birmingham O2 Academy2 (11)
Cambridge Junction (14)
Norwich Waterfront (15)
Oxford O2 Academy2 (16)
London KOKO (17)

Worth checking out 4 bands for a tenner imho

I listened to the album all weekend and I really liked it :)
She's like some totally awesome combo of Siouxsie Sioux :love: mixed with Bat For Lashes :horny: and then some Heather Nova sprinkled in :guitar:

I've got my tickets bought for the Manchester date. I doubt that I'll be seeing much of the other bands though?

I was supposed to see her at Manchester deaf institute last month but it was cancelled still waiting to hear about new date

Back
Top Bottom