Ann Arbor Play-By-Play

Ok, just gotta wait for EchoBay. She had a long drive! Glad to see you made it home safe, everyone! I'm jealous of Joy tonight in OH.

And "Greycard," sorry I used the "dude" word. I should have said "nice gentleman!" ;)

Dude is totally acceptable.

There are worse words that could have described me :)

Oh, this time there was no cologne presence. I couldn't smell him at all, they hadn't sprayed the seats or anything either. I missed that.

You know, it's odd, this is the first show where I've ever caught a whiff of the cologne. Some people describe it as Catholic Church, but the stuff I've smelled at various churches is far more.....acrid. This has a touch of incense but it's much....sweeter? More floral, yet not girlie, kinda earthy. It's weird I can remember a smell. Anyway, very nice!

Sorry we didn't get to meet, Nightingale. Next time!
It's a bummer we were separated, Pregs. But that will be rectified in the near future. :D

Graycard, it was said with affection! :thumb:

You know, it's odd, this is the first show where I've ever caught a whiff of the cologne. Some people describe it as Catholic Church, but the stuff I've smelled at various churches is far more.....acrid. This has a touch of incense but it's much....sweeter? More floral, yet not girlie, kinda earthy. It's weird I can remember a smell. Anyway, very nice!

Sorry we didn't get to meet, Nightingale. Next time!
It's a bummer we were separated, Pregs. But that will be rectified in the near future. :D

Graycard, it was said with affection! :thumb:
Then he is still using

Avignon
Eau de Toilette
by Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense

Powerful and intense, Avignon evokes the medieval city in the south of France which surpassed Rome as the Catholic Church's power center in the 14th century. It's the scent of gothic cathedrals and Papal palaces, of tapestries imbued with centuries of incense. Of cold marble steps, holy relics and dark confessions. The recognizable smells of frankincense and myrrh open the high mass of Avignon, giving way to the almost eye-smarting, gloriously smoky and resinous heart. A dry vanilla and soft Roman chamomile dull the edges of this reverent fragrance. Beautiful, dark and mysterious, Avignon takes its place among the most talked about (and admired) of CdG's entire line.

Avignon Notes
Roman chamomile, cistus oil, elemi, incense, vanilla, patchouli, palisander, ambrette seeds

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/sect...me des Garcons Series 3: Incense/Avignon.html

The show was great. Loved meeting everyone. Yeah post the group photo fine by me. I had this creepy check next to me who kept staring at me??? withy her arms crossed?? That was a bit disturbing.

Anyway the setlist was great. I took a video of Let me kiss you, with Moz taking off his shirt. The sound is crap but I'll post the video tomorrow.

Quite a few people asked about my shirt, wore the from the SLC bike ride in Manchester. One girl was like OMG you did that wow your so cool. Moz fans are just super cool everywhere.
Tonight it's Columbus!!!!!

I read on the main page "props to Joy who made it to stage" - I was sure they were talking about you? Course you would have confirmed that here. ;) Enjoy Columbus (tho you're already there :D) I look forward to your LMKY video.

This time... lol... unlike my very first Morrissey handshake, I did not immediately SNIFF MY HAND. :lbf:

I've done that. :o:D Congrats on the handshake! Glad you had fun!

Hi guys, just made it home. Can't wite too much just now as I can't even think straight, could not sleep after the concert last night, still can't believe I was actually there! Wonderful to meet Julie and her husband, pregs, thewarroom, joydivision, wonderful, lovely people. :) Morrissey was amazing! And he answered my request of the tuxedo :lbf: It was a truly wonderful performance, his voice was perfect, his energy amazing, only got a couple of pics, will post them soon.

I am lost in a surreal haze right now. My first Morrissey show was everything I expected and more. Saving already for the next time. :)

Last edited:
The pre-show gang outside the Ann Arbor Brewing Company:

3406023388_21544c14aa.jpg

Me, PregnantForTheLastTime, JoyDiv007, echobay & thewarroom.

:sweet:

Nice pic Julie. :thumb:

I can't seem to get my pics uploaded, will try again tomorrow.

I agree about the germs. But if he doesn't touch his face during the show and if he washes his hands well after the show he should be fine.

He stuck his finger in his mouth at one point. I remember a show in 1997 he licked his entire hand before handing it to his fans.

Did you see me with the sign after the concert?

yes I did.

The pre-show gang outside the Ann Arbor Brewing Company:

3406023388_21544c14aa.jpg

Me, PregnantForTheLastTime, JoyDiv007, echobay & thewarroom.

:sweet:

I wish i made it for the pre-show party. Looking at the photo, I recognize a few of you from this show and shows past.

There are definitely regulars I see at every show.

I tend to be shy and social anxiety reaching a boiling point until the lights go out and Morrissey takes the stage.

Back
Top Bottom