Ann Arbor Play-By-Play

Morrissey "wanted you" ... that's worth the price of admission alone. :D

Aw, thank you! That is sweet of you to say that. I didn't think of it like that. I figured he just randomly picked someone. I had just wandered up to the stage because I saw him coming to my side of the stage and decided to try for a handshake. My friend that was in the audience later said, "He picked you!" That makes me feel good.
Yeah, being the huge fan that I am, that experience is worth so much beyond any monetary value one could try to put on it. But yeah, I certainly got my moneys worth!!!!!!!!!!! :) Wow!

Last edited:
Still basking in the glow of last night....

No vinyl was available, for those who asked. And they were only accepting cash, so no shirts for me. I'll be better prepared on Friday!

I almost lost it during seasick. It was one of those full circle moments for me. I saw him sing it during my first Moz concert (Your Arsenal days), then I was struck by his accapella version in Israel via YouTube, and now last night....

I can't stress enough how wonderful his voice was.
And his stamina. The whole concert was this forceful (yet gentle?) assault. Lots of determination, no dilly dallying. The band was extraordinary. It was exhausting to watch just standing there, and yet he never once looked fatigued. Maybe music really is the elixir of youth?

Skull also blew me away live....The Gimme Any Mores. And OK By Myself, I've run out of adjectives...

All of our photos suck. I could blame Husband, who took them, but in fact our camera is dying. No shots of handshakes, unfortunately. And everything is blurry. As a Frink girl, I'm appalled. But these are the few decent shots. Hopefully some one else did much better!

3404684600_65abbddf84.jpg

3403874171_27eb58423e.jpg

3403874091_5c87aa1f4c.jpg

^The rest are even blurrier than this :tears:

I totally agree about Skull. It floored me. The energy was incredible. It sounds better than the recorded version.

Thanks for the shots. I like the center one. Nice shot of the crowd and Moz belting it out. You will always be a frink girl, no worries. Blame the hubby, I do it every time!:D;)

The show was great. Loved meeting everyone. Yeah post the group photo fine by me. I had this creepy check next to me who kept staring at me??? withy her arms crossed?? That was a bit disturbing.

Anyway the setlist was great. I took a video of Let me kiss you, with Moz taking off his shirt. The sound is crap but I'll post the video tomorrow.

Quite a few people asked about my shirt, wore the from the SLC bike ride in Manchester. One girl was like OMG you did that wow your so cool. Moz fans are just super cool everywhere.
Tonight it's Columbus!!!!!

Does Julia Riley/Reilly still attend shows?

Judging by the photos from Carnegie on, it looks like Solomon got a new bass. Anyone get a close look/have any detials?

The show was great. Loved meeting everyone. Yeah post the group photo fine by me. I had this creepy check next to me who kept staring at me??? withy her arms crossed?? That was a bit disturbing.

Anyway the setlist was great. I took a video of Let me kiss you, with Moz taking off his shirt. The sound is crap but I'll post the video tomorrow.

Quite a few people asked about my shirt, wore the from the SLC bike ride in Manchester. One girl was like OMG you did that wow your so cool. Moz fans are just super cool everywhere.
Tonight it's Columbus!!!!!

I am glad you had a great time at the show Joy. I wish I could have been there last night or tonight even.

Judging by the photos from Carnegie on, it looks like Solomon got a new bass. Anyone get a close look/have any detials?

I noticed. It was a gorgeous burnt orange color.

Security were MEAN. We had to stay in our seats, I'm surprised we were allowed to stand up. I got one handshake, dashed up during First of the Gang.

He was very polished, looked gorgeous, sounded wonderful. I miss the grittier shows, though. Maybe Milwaukee and Chicago will be more so. :D

Security were MEAN. We had to stay in our seats, I'm surprised we were allowed to stand up. I got one handshake, dashed up during First of the Gang.

He was very polished, looked gorgeous, sounded wonderful. I miss the grittier shows, though. Maybe Milwaukee and Chicago will be more so. :D

You got a handshake?!?

Thanks for the confirmation. And great job getting a handshake! At the 3 shows I could have gotten one this tour, he snubbed me each time. :rolleyes: Oh well, I stole his mic and praised the Walkers. :p

You got a handshake?!?

Thanks for the confirmation. And great job getting a handshake! At the 3 shows I could have gotten one this tour, he snubbed me each time. :rolleyes: Oh well, I stole his mic and praised the Walkers. :p

Yes... I had to dash up there. The redshirts were letting us go up a few at a time, there at the end. I had to go for it, I'm not used to feeling so... disconnected at a Morrissey show. It was so physically sedate I felt like I was watching it on tv. Blu-Ray, maybe. :D

Yes... I had to dash up there. The redshirts were letting us go up a few at a time, there at the end. I had to go for it, I'm not used to feeling so... disconnected at a Morrissey show. It was so physically sedate I felt like I was watching it on tv. Blu-Ray, maybe. :D

That's funny. I felt exactly like that way back in 1991. About six or seven songs in, the gig was no more impactful than TV-watching thanks to the seating layout and the iron-fisted security guards. Many fans agreed with me, and in fact so did Morrissey-- so much so that he even invited us to get out of our seats!

The, uh, riot that caused the show to end abruptly certainly felt un-TV enough. :)

What did the hand feel like? Was it divine? Have you washed your shaking-hand yet? (Has it stopped shaking?)

That's funny. I felt exactly like that way back in 1991. About six or seven songs in, the gig was no more impactful than TV-watching thanks to the seating layout and the iron-fisted security guards. Many fans agreed with me, and in fact so did Morrissey-- so much so that he even invited us to get out of our seats!

The, uh, riot that caused the show to end abruptly certainly felt un-TV enough. :)

What did the hand feel like? Was it divine? Have you washed your shaking-hand yet? (Has it stopped shaking?)

My hands weren't shaking. His hand was warm and big, he has big hands. Mine are not tiny, they're just kind of... servicable, but his hands are big. He felt very solid. It almost felt like he held my hand for an extra moment, but he has a tendency to cause delusions like that.

This time... lol... unlike my very first Morrissey handshake, I did not immediately SNIFF MY HAND. :lbf: I'm way cooler than that, these days. (My hand smelled really nice after touching him, so it's not totally unjustified.)

Oh, this time there was no cologne presence. I couldn't smell him at all, they hadn't sprayed the seats or anything either. I missed that.

Oh, and The Nightinggale is an extremely sweet and very beautiful girl. It was a pleasure to meet her. The smile never left her face all evening, even with the security disappointments.

Greatest night of my life!

I am the 'tall dude' referred to in Julie's play-by-play that shook his hand. I saw an opening where he was standing in front of our side of the stage. I ran down the aisle during "How can anybody possibly know how I feel" and he was standing a bit back from the front of the stage and singing with his eyes closed.

I ran to the front, security immediately swarmed. I screamed "Morrissey!" he said something to the effect "Oh, Me?" and then reached down and shook my hand. He has a good firm grip! It was amazing!

And yeah then I shook hands with Julie. I am happy to spread the joy :)

Security was over-the-top. I wasn't budging when I moved to the front either. I will say though that there were signs everywhere saying 'No Cameras' and I took one in and took a many photos and they never asked me to it away. (Although during the video I had to lower it a bit so I didn't look too obvious.) I too enjoy GA shows much more.

I also got a pick which I found on the ground after the show and a setlist. The only thing that would have been better would have been the signed vinyl. I talked to the Merch guy before the show and he said as soon as he leaves the stage he puts them out. So I left before the end of "OK" and ran out only to be crushed by the "No Vinyl Tonight" sign. Morrissey always leaves you wanting more.

Ran back down to my seat for FOTG though.

People have kind of been bashing the setlist on this tour. Sure there could be more oldies mixed in but I was extremely satisfied. The new songs sound great live. I loved 'Carol' being added to the set. He was in great voice. I haven's seen him in 12 years and the last show I saw was on the Maladajsted tour in Chicago when he left after only a few songs. But I did see him on the Your Arsenal tour and this show was equally amazing!

Oh and yeah go early! The Courtneers are very good!

I took a ton of photos and also video of 'The Loop' which was amazing. (the performance not sure about the video...)

Anyway I am in the process of moving today, tomorrow, and Friday. I hope I can post stuff by Sunday night.

If you don't want to keep checking this thread...send me PM and I will be sure to send you a direct message when I get the photos and video up!

Viva Morrissey!

Last edited:
It was a pleasure to meet you too, Pregs. In all truthfulness I still have that ridiculous smile on my face and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I felt so bad when they made you go back to your seat. Every time Morrissey came near our side of the stage (which wasn't often) I rushed it and got one of only a few given before the insanity during First of the Gang. Security got good at bracing for it every time it looked like I was going in for a rush and a push.

Enjoy the coming shows.

You talking of Pauley Pavillion UCLA, Westwood? I was there. By the time they let us out riot police were all over the place.

Lovely meeting you all last night! Just confirms my belief that Morrissey fans are some of the nicest folks you would ever care to meet. :)

And ya, toss the photo on up here!

Lovely meeting you all last night! Just confirms my belief that Morrissey fans are some of the nicest folks you would ever care to meet. :)

And ya, toss the photo on up here!

Please don't take offense at my question, Are you the person that last year or year before, your mother had a fit and wouldn't let you go to the Detroit show?

If so, it's good to hear that you got to go.

Back
Top Bottom