Ann Arbor Play-By-Play

I'm baaack. Password soon to be changed. :rolleyes:
I had an amazing night! Moz's voice was excellent - so strong. I'm still amazed at how his voice can just reach straight into your gut. I loved everything, some highlights for me were Seasick *swoon*, Carol, Skull and Ok, Disco.....gosh I'll just list the whole set, eh? Sorry sounds amazing live, too. He came out in a tux! And then blue shirt and black shirt.

Enjoyed meeting Pregs, Joy, EchoBay & her wonderful Hubby and Warroom for the pre-show. I have a great pic of us, which I'll post if none of the subjects object.

I think we got the setlist right, here's what happened:
Echo and I saw a group of girls standing at the stage during the films and they weren't being moved, so we sauntered on down and were right next to the stage. Echo asked the security guard if we were allowed to stand there, he said to come back after the music started, which we did. We were about 3 rows of people back at that point when this tall ass security dork gets in front of me, puffs out his chest and tells me to take my seat. I thought they were bluffing, as no one else was being moved - there were a ton of people standing there - so I just ignored him. Then he kept getting in my face during Charming Man, blocking my view, telling me to sit down. I wanted to thwack his damn nose. I pointed out that no one else was being moved....And then this other security guard came up and said sit down or you're kicked out of the venue. So I sat the f*&^ down. Bastards. They did eventually make everyone take their seats - ah well.

So husband handed me his phone during every song, and bending way down, in case Moz looked in my direction and thought "why is that rude girl texting during my concert?" I quickly typed something out on these teeny tiny phone buttons. I've done my texting duty. Someone else can volunteer for Milwaukee!

What else do I remember? One guy made it on stage and gave Moz a kiss. I think one or 2 others made it up. The tall dude in front of me ran up the aisle really quick and got a handshake and I shook his hand on the way back. Second hand Moz sweat! He took lots of pics and said that he'd post them here. Husband got a few good pics, which I'll post tomorrow.

I'm exhausted in a good way. Some stage talk was...something about who is Ann Arbor?

Why is there still no statue of Iggy in the town square? No kidding! (I wore my Iggy and the Stooges shirt for the occasion).

Echo wore one of Peter's awesome "obey" shirts. :thumb:

At the encore, he quoted the old song "Everytime we say goodbye, I die a little" but changed "die" to "drink."

I'm sure I'll remember more tomorrow.

I'm thrilled, and looking forward to Friday!

Reading thru this thread, any commentary next to, preceding, or following my abbrevaited song titles were not mine. Just to clarify ;)

Off to change password now.....

Thanks for the notes, Julie! Sounds like a fun night (outside of the security goons :rolleyes:) It's kinda hard to ignore those big, beefy, pissed off security guards, but it seems like you had a good spot to watch from and I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. Glad to see a few souls made it to stage. I love Moz's quote he sent you all off with :lbf::thumb:

p.s. Let me know when they unveil an Iggy statue in the town square. I'm there. :D

I had the same problem with security on Boz side. We couldn't advance more than 2 feet from our seats. But I did sneak a few handshakes when he came round (which wasn't as often as usual). Yes very sweaty indeed. But he kept his tux on for most of the show. Only changed it right before Let Me Kiss You and then did his usual rip and toss on cue.

One added banter: at one point he asked who Ann Arbor was.

Great show. I have nothing of importance to add. The crowd up front was great. Loved the mayhem during the encore. If only it was like that during the entire show.

:thumb:

Moz grabbed my hand during the last song and tried to pull me onto the stage. I was the one in the pink rain coat in front of the right side of the stage. What a dream come true! A security guard would not let go of me and I needed a boost to get onto the stage. Moz gave the guard a look I can't quite describe. Moz's mouth kind of scrunched to one side. So I didn't get on the stage. Moz's hand was sweaty. Moz came back and I got another hand shake in! This is all so surreal to me. I can't believe it happened! I'm in heaven!!!!!!
If anyone has a picture of this, I would be thrilled! I doubt anyone does, but wow would I ever like a pic of that!!!!!!!

Moz grabbed my hand during the last song and tried to pull me onto the stage. I was the one in the pink rain coat in front of the right side of the stage. What a dream come true! A security guard would not let go of me and I needed a boost to get onto the stage. Moz gave the guard a look I can't quite describe. Moz's mouth kind of scrunched to one side. So I didn't get on the stage. Moz's hand was sweaty. Moz came back and I got another hand shake in! This is all so surreal to me. I can't believe it happened! I'm in heaven!!!!!!
If anyone has a picture of this, I would be thrilled! I doubt anyone does, but wow would I ever like a pic of that!!!!!!!

Good Job!!!

I'm so glad you decided to move up!!

I shook his hand briefly before he shook yours. So many germs get exchanged during a morrissey show. It's no surprise he gets sick.

Keep coming back, a picture may show up.

Good Job!!!

I'm so glad you decided to move up!!

I shook his hand briefly before he shook yours. So many germs get exchanged during a morrissey show. It's no surprise he gets sick.

Keep coming back, a picture may show up.

Thanks!

Well, when the security lightened up on the right side, I walked up there. I didn't see you. My eyes were on Moz the whole time. I agree about the germs. But if he doesn't touch his face during the show and if he washes his hands well after the show he should be fine.

I hope a pic shows up!!!!!!! wishing, hoping, dreaming....

Did you see me with the sign after the concert?

<<impatiently waiting for some pics>> :D

Ah ha ha! :D

I still wonder if I would have had someone boost me onto the stage if I could have made it up there when Moz was trying to pull me onto the stage. I don't know if that security guard would have let go of me.

Good job Julie and hubby! Thanks! Sorry to hear about the stuffy security dudes.

Pictures, anyone? *patiently waits*

What an awesome story, zoloft, congrats to you! :thumb:

Good job Julie and hubby! Thanks! Sorry to hear about the stuffy security dudes.

Pictures, anyone? *patiently waits*

What an awesome story, zoloft, congrats to you! :thumb:

Thank you so much! I've been so elated, I couldn't sleep! I never thought this would happen to me.
This calls for a commemorative tattoo!

CONGRATS! Seems it lasted enough (prob an eternity for you ;)) that someone most likely got a few snapshots. I don't understand security...they should take lessons on how to work a Morrissey show like if Moz if Moz gives them a "look", heed his warning and if Moz is trying to pull someone up, do not drag them down, etc. :rolleyes::p

CONGRATS! Seems it lasted enough (prob an eternity for you ;)) that someone most likely got a few snapshots. I don't understand security...they should take lessons on how to work a Morrissey show like if Moz if Moz gives them a "look", heed his warning and if Moz is trying to pull someone up, do not drag them down, etc. :rolleyes::p

Thank you!!!! It's so nice hearing from people on here because most of my friends and family do not understand this at all! I have one friend online that understands and can share the excitement.
Did you see when he pulled on my hand? Oops, I just realized you weren't there!
I really needed both hands to get on the stage. Since Moz had one of my hands I needed a boost. The stage is high for me as I'm 5'4". Besides I have a bad knee. I don't think the security guard was looking at Moz. I'm not sure though. It all happened so fast and I was kind of stunned. The one security guard seemed angry with people. He may have been the one on my right when Moz had my hand. Yeah, I sure wish they would work with Moz. But I can't complain. I feel incredibly lucky.

Last edited:
Thank you!!!! It's so nice hearing from people on here because most of my friends and family do not understand this at all! I have one friend online that understands and can share the excitement.
Did you see when he pulled on my hand? Oops, I just realized you weren't there!
I really needed both hands to get on the stage. Since Moz had one of my hands I needed a boost. The stage is high for me as I'm 5'4". Besides I have a bad knee. I don't think the security guard was looking at Moz. I'm not sure though. It all happened so fast and I was kind of stunned. The one security guard seemed angry with people. He may have been the one on my right when Moz had my hand. Yeah, I sure wish they would work with Moz. But I can't complain. I feel incredibly lucky.

Morrissey "wanted you" ... that's worth the price of admission alone. :D

Still basking in the glow of last night....

No vinyl was available, for those who asked. And they were only accepting cash, so no shirts for me. I'll be better prepared on Friday!

I almost lost it during seasick. It was one of those full circle moments for me. I saw him sing it during my first Moz concert (Your Arsenal days), then I was struck by his accapella version in Israel via YouTube, and now last night....

I can't stress enough how wonderful his voice was.
And his stamina. The whole concert was this forceful (yet gentle?) assault. Lots of determination, no dilly dallying. The band was extraordinary. It was exhausting to watch just standing there, and yet he never once looked fatigued. Maybe music really is the elixir of youth?

Skull also blew me away live....The Gimme Any Mores. And OK By Myself, I've run out of adjectives...

All of our photos suck. I could blame Husband, who took them, but in fact our camera is dying. No shots of handshakes, unfortunately. And everything is blurry. As a Frink girl, I'm appalled. But these are the few decent shots. Hopefully some one else did much better!

3404684600_65abbddf84.jpg

3403874171_27eb58423e.jpg

3403874091_5c87aa1f4c.jpg

^The rest are even blurrier than this :tears:

Back
Top Bottom