Ann Arbor Play-By-Play

No I didn't make it onstage in Ann Arbor, was 8 rows backs. I was next to the people who posted that and they were really cool. I did meet the only 2 people who did make it onstage. It was a husband and wife I believe, they were doing 6 shows and were also at Columbus.

I had a little more time than I thought so I got the photos up and the video.

To see a gallery go here: http://tinyurl.com/cokcaj

To see a video of the 'The Loop' go here: http://tinyurl.com/c6wktu

I got one photo of a stage invader. Hopefully some of you will recognize the backs of your heads.

Hope you like them!

Just got the one video.

I am a still photographer at heart so I only wanted to shoot video for one song.

Thanks for checking them out!

a few pics of the back of my head, one pic right before he shook my hand and one that looks like him shaking my hand...great night and thanx for the pics...

I didn't use an SLR. It was a point and shoot - leica d-lux 3

I make my living as a photographer so I was using manual settings, and no flash. I was tweaking the exposure the whole night based on what the light was doing and how active Moz was.

They are kind of chunky and grainy but I like it. Reminds me a little of film. Thanks for the comments. I enjoyed sharing them.

I had a little more time than I thought so I got the photos up and the video.

To see a gallery go here: http://tinyurl.com/cokcaj

To see a video of the 'The Loop' go here: http://tinyurl.com/c6wktu

I got one photo of a stage invader. Hopefully some of you will recognize the backs of your heads.

Hope you like them!

Great pics!!!!! I like the shirt tossing pic! In pic #15 it looks like Moz is looking at you.

I'm glad you posted the following:
"I ran to the front, security immediately swarmed. I screamed "Morrissey!" he said something to the effect "Oh, Me?" and then reached down and shook my hand. He has a good firm grip! It was amazing!"

Now I understand what happened! I wondered who or what Moz was responding to. I couldn't see you from where I was standing. There were too many tall people in front of me. That is so great you got a handshake!!!

Did Morrissey seem less talkative than usual between songs? I've only seen him 4 times over the last 19 years so I can only remember that he seemed to talk more and also seemed in a more festive mood at the concert 2 years ago.

He stuck his finger in his mouth at one point. I remember a show in 1997 he licked his entire hand before handing it to his fans.

yes I did.

He stuck his finger in his mouth at the Ann Arbor concert? Yikes!
Are you really serious that he licked his hand?

He stuck his finger in his mouth at the Ann Arbor concert? Yikes!
Are you really serious that he licked his hand?

Yes i am serious about the 1997 show. It was to tease the crowd because they were going to grab his hand. He came on stage for the encore and licked his hand before getting into the final 2-3 songs.

And yes...for this show he put his finger in his mouth at one point toward the end of the show.

Last edited:
One bit of banter that nobody has mentioned:

"Am i too Toledo for you?"

Don't recall which song this came before, but it bore special significance for me as i was wearing a University of Toledo track jacket over my Greatest Hits tour shirt. The guy behind me sorta pointed it out and chuckled a bit. It was rather cool. :D

Yes i am serious about the 1997 show. It was to tease the crowd because they were going to grab his hand. He came on stage for the encore and licked his hand before getting into the final 2-3 songs.

And yes...for this show he put his finger in his mouth at one point toward the end of the show.

Oh my gosh. That is sooo funny!

Well, he certainly isn't a germ phobe, like me! He should be more careful! :)

He stuck his finger in his mouth at one point.

I think he did this because he hit himself in the mouth with the mic cord. That's what it looked like from where I was. Could be wrong though.

But yeah...Yuck! I'm so fussy about germs too Zoloft.

I think he did this because he hit himself in the mouth with the mic cord. That's what it looked like from where I was. Could be wrong though.

But yeah...Yuck! I'm so fussy about germs too Zoloft.

Ah, interesting.

The last cold I got wiped me out and I lost my voice for a week. So I try to be really careful.

Video of the encore in Ann Arbor that I discovered we had this weekend. Hopefully someone will see themselves...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look closely you can see my lily white hand at around :20 and :50-1:00. I'm on YouTube! :eek: I'm Famous!! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom