Animated gif signatures?

nicky wire's legs

Christ is king!
@Famous when dead

sorry to bother you but can you tell me how i can put this gif in my signature!!! it doesnt seem to work when i copy the link and insert it into media. i remember finding it very complicated and taking great ingenuity in figuring out how to get my neil signature to work, and i cant for the life of me figure out how i did it!! all i know is i will not be happy until this is my signature, that is, until everyone here can share in the glory of nicky wires IMPECCABLE visage!!!!!!!

@Famous when dead

sorry to bother you but can you tell me how i can put this gif in my signature!!! it doesnt seem to work when i copy the link and insert it into media. i remember finding it very complicated and taking great ingenuity in figuring out how to get my neil signature to work, and i cant for the life of me figure out how i did it!! all i know is i will not be happy until this is my signature, that is, until everyone here can share in the glory of nicky wires IMPECCABLE visage!!!!!!!

Try inserting the URL minus the 'v' at the end of .gifv.
Let me know if that works - if not, will shunt these posts to feedback for DT to look at.
Regards,
FWD.

cant make it work! it is all very sad :(

thanks for trying to help!

I have a feeling how it's hosted matters.
If you save the gif and then find a file host that allows it to be directly linked to rather than present it on their site - that may work.
Assuming animated signatures is a thing.
Buck passing immediately to @davidt as he'll know the ins & outs of the backend requirements.
Regards,
FWD.

If you save the gif and then find a file host that allows it to be directly linked to rather than present it on their site - that may work.
Buck passing immediately to @davidt as he'll know the ins & outs of the backend requirements.
Regards,
FWD.
thanks!!! i think you might be right and ill see if i can find a host!!

Regards,
FWD.
This is correct, tumblr appears to redirect their images to a different page so saving and putting it on a different host works. It's a large file (3.7MB) so above the limit here but I was able to add it using the gallery:

Try this:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/media/tumblr_aaab158deea3eda0259e759b7d9638f7_d6a0e0df_400-gif.18663/full

This is correct, tumblr appears to redirect their images to a different page so saving and putting it on a different host works. It's a large file (3.7MB) so above the limit here but I was able to add it using the gallery:

Try this:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/media/tumblr_aaab158deea3eda0259e759b7d9638f7_d6a0e0df_400-gif.18663/full
Thanks but what am I supposed to do with that code? Do I copy and paste it into the media tab or do I save it and then upload it?? I feel like i must not understand how it works.

Back
Top Bottom